The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 March 2024, 03:28 AM   #31
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
It would be nice if the OP checked in and posted pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 11:41 PM   #32
wgdaytona
2024 Pledge Member

That's funny Harry. Naw, mine's good. We were moving the light around on the bezel while I was trying to snap the pic. But, I am like the others curious for someone to try this on one of the other GMT to see what happens.
wgdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 01:00 AM   #33
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Here is my 2021 BLRO.

jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 01:16 AM   #34
Besttime
2024 Pledge Member

Take it back if it doesn't.
Besttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 02:16 AM   #35
TikTok
"TRF" Member

No change on a Batman. I want my money back!
Old 22 March 2024, 06:58 AM   #36
Oldfellow
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Ditto, no change on BLNR.
Oldfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 07:06 AM   #37
rohada
"TRF" Member

The red under UV lighting is reminiscent of the first shades of red on the early releases of the ceramic BLRO offering, according to some.
Old 22 March 2024, 07:31 AM   #38
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgdaytona View Post
That's funny Harry. Naw, mine's good. We were moving the light around on the bezel while I was trying to snap the pic. But, I am like the others curious for someone to try this on one of the other GMT to see what happens.
I'm glad you took it in the spirit it was intended.

I used to have a TT CHNR where the black would bleed into the brown under certain lighting conditions and the insert would occasionally look all black when it was lit just so. I didn't do the UV thing on it. If I had to guess I suspect it would have been black. Hopefully someone will supply some photo(s).
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 08:47 AM   #39
wgdaytona
2024 Pledge Member

Absolutely, this is an interesting thread. Cheers!
wgdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 09:59 AM   #40
Avonsurfernc
"TRF" Member

How were you able to get a new Pepsi model???
Avonsurfernc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 10:02 AM   #41
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
This is now a show us your UV light thread
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 10:22 AM   #42
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
This is now a show us your UV light thread

ooooh, in that case... if i humbly may.... fun with a 3D printer and the Panerai TRON.

Coaster_1118.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 05:57 AM   #43
learnmids
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Welcome to TRF.
learnmids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 08:26 AM   #44
Hadiy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebudoy View Post
Hi all,

I recently got a brand new GMT-II Pepsi from a trusted seller here in Manila. Dated December 2023. Everything was cool until I saw a video about the UV light test. The watch doesn't turn all red, unfortunately. Does this mean that the watch is fake?
Can you upload pictures?
Hadiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 10:55 AM   #45
RCorsa
"TRF" Member

Here’s my 2023 Pepsi next to a 2023 sprite and 2023 sub LV (Mk2) and several other Rolex and other stuff I have in my collection.

If your bezel doesn’t do this it’s not real…..

RCorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 09:00 PM   #46
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Thank you all for the kind reply. I'm sorry for not being able to reply sooner, as I was out of the country for work.

I contacted the seller and discussed the situation. He claimed that he had never heard of the "red thing". He bought UV light and showed me that not all of the Pepsi he has turned red. However, he has allowed me to replace my watch with a brand-new one that turns red. I feel like a child who just wants a watch that turns red. He said he'd return the older watch to the AD and ask about the red thing.

I also asked the Manila RSC about the "red thing". They said they don't have "any memo" (this is what the RSC lady said) that requires pepsi GMT to turn red under UV light.

I tried to post pictures, but the forum won't allow me—something about needing to post a number of times before I can post a link or something. I only one picture of the older watch under UV light and would be happy to post it here if allowed.

Again, thank you all for the reply and apologies for seeming to just disappear.
bumblebudoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 09:39 PM   #47
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Thank you all for the kind reply. I'm sorry for not being able to reply sooner, as I was out of the country for work.

I contacted the seller and discussed the situation. He claimed that he had never heard of the "red thing". He bought UV light and showed me that not all of the Pepsi he has turned red. However, he has allowed me to replace my watch with a brand-new one that turns red. I feel like a child who just wants a watch that turns red. He said he'd return the older watch to the AD and ask about the red thing.

I also asked the Manila RSC about the "red thing". They said they don't have "any memo" (this is what the RSC lady said) that requires pepsi GMT to turn red under UV light.

I tried to post pictures, but the forum won't allow me—something about needing to post a number of times before I can post a link or something. I only one picture of the older watch under UV light and would be happy to post it here if allowed.

Use tapatalk, it’s a quick easy way to post pictures here
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 11:24 PM   #48
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Use tapatalk, it’s a quick easy way to post pictures here
Thanks for the tip! I tried using Tapatalk, but it still says I have to make 10 posts to send links/pictures. I'll try to find a workaround to post the pictures.
Old 30 March 2024, 11:32 PM   #49
moofur
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I would just ask for your money back and buy somewhere else… they should all turn red under UV. Some of the newer fakes can do the same thing and if you get one swapped that does turn red under UV it may actually be one of the newer fakes if you get it from the same dealer.
moofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 11:34 PM   #50
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofur View Post
I would just ask for your money back and buy somewhere else… they should all turn red under UV. Some of the newer fakes can do the same thing and if you get one swapped that does turn red under UV it may actually be one of the newer fakes if you get it from the same dealer.

Thanks for this—exactly what I’m worried about. I’m planning to have it “serviced” in the local RSC this week to see how if fairs. I’m really hoping it’ll all turn out well though. I’ll definitely keep you guys updated.

Old 30 March 2024, 11:40 PM   #51
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! I tried using Tapatalk, but it still says I have to make 10 posts to send links/pictures. I'll try to find a workaround to post the pictures.

What’s really frustrating is that the seller is a well-known retailer here with hundreds of references and a big store in the mall.

Old 31 March 2024, 12:10 AM   #52
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
OP makes a scandalous post about possibly buying a fake from the Grey market with no pictures or evidence and then disappears on us.

Why is this such a common post on TRF?

A more conspiratorial mind may think this is Crown propaganda to scare people away the grey market.

On the contrary, a more conspiratorial mind may think this is Amazon propaganda to sell more UV lights.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 12:19 AM   #53
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonsurfernc View Post
How were you able to get a new Pepsi model???

I got it from a well-known reseller here in the Philippines. Tried asking ADs but of course it’s impossible to get a pepsi from them.

Old 31 March 2024, 12:19 AM   #54
aiif
Banned

Quote:
Hi all,

I recently got a brand new GMT-II Pepsi from a trusted seller here in Manila. Dated December 2023. Everything was cool until I saw a video about the UV light test. The watch doesn't turn all red, unfortunately. Does this mean that the watch is fake?
Incomplete information, you ask if its fake when you have no posted pictures of the watch or even the box. How are we suppose to help you?
aiif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 12:22 AM   #55
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiif View Post
Incomplete information, you ask if its fake when you have no posted pictures of the watch or even the box. How are we suppose to help you?

Again sorry for just jumping the gun. I’m still trying to figure out how to post a few pictures of the watch here since TRF says I still haven’t reached the required number of posts.

Old 31 March 2024, 12:25 AM   #56
RCorsa
"TRF" Member

Uv lights are under $10 and they probably make about 10c. If you knew Amazons real revenue stream you would know they could care less about the small number of TRF members with BLROs.

The issue with the UV light is how Rolex makes the ceramic bicolor for the BLRO so any post ceramic should glow this way and the post stating some newer clones is also true. I’d stay far away from this dealer…
RCorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 12:43 AM   #57
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiif View Post
Again, apologies for jumping the gun. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures of the old watch. TRF requires a number of minimum posts to post pictures.
Old 31 March 2024, 12:46 AM   #58
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCorsa View Post
Uv lights are under $10 and they probably make about 10c. If you knew Amazons real revenue stream you would know they could care less about the small number of TRF members with BLROs…
Well bless your heart you are a serious one, aren’t you.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 12:47 AM   #59
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofur View Post
Exactly my thoughts. I've already scheduled an appointment with the local RSC here to have the new watch "serviced" to check. Hopefully after that I'll be able to feel better about this replacement. It's actually really quite frustrating because the dealer is a really well-known one here with hundreds of good refs, and it has a physical store in the metro mall.
Old 31 March 2024, 02:59 AM   #60
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
On the contrary, a more conspiratorial mind may think this is Amazon propaganda to sell more UV lights.

lol! You one-upped me.

jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote