The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 April 2024, 07:43 AM   #1
BDII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 126710 BLRO
W&W Rumor: AD’s Now to offer Jubilee + Oyster for GMT’s

I heard after the trade show that in the Rolex meetings the AD’s were told they could offer both bracelets to their GMT customers. Have yet to get this confirmed.

Anyone else hear this? Would love to have the set for my BLRO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BDII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 07:54 AM   #2
derklink
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
Apparently not. Tried to order a Jubilee the other day and AD said it’s still not possible. Maybe it takes some more time.
derklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 08:12 AM   #3
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
They gotta start offering watches first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 08:38 AM   #4
pgleason2
"TRF" Member

I got my BLRO on jubilee and was able to get an oyster for it from the AD a few months later. This was in 22, still have yet to put the oyster on.
pgleason2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 08:39 AM   #5
116510lv
"TRF" Member

News I've been waiting for as the oyster GMT is locked to Oyster GMT

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
116510lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 08:58 AM   #6
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

My 126710BLRO came on Oyster in October 2021 and I had a Jubilee put on it at the London RSC in January 2023.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 09:06 AM   #7
Stew7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega, Rolex
The Hodinkee article on the new GRNR mentioned you can now buy both bracelets at time of purchase.
Stew7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 09:15 AM   #8
BDII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew7 View Post
The Hodinkee article on the new GRNR mentioned you can now buy both bracelets at time of purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew7 View Post

That’s it… I couldn’t remember where I read it.

Here’s the excerpt:

Old 21 April 2024, 09:20 AM   #9
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
I think it’s AD decision mine sold me both oyster and jubilee
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 01:24 AM   #10
GameAndWatch2018
"TRF" Member

It seems to still be a very opaque thing. I casually walked into a store last week expecting to order an oyster for my BLNR without any problems and got shut down immediately. They did some research and after a few days said that I could get the oyster but not jubilee (which I think has been the case for a while).

I mentioned the Hodinkee article and W+W announcement but it didn’t seem to matter. Maybe it’ll loosen up as word gets round and the new models arrive?
GameAndWatch2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 04:37 AM   #11
ResidencyEvil
"TRF" Member

I hope so. I tried calling my AD for a jubilee again and they said no again.
ResidencyEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 04:56 AM   #12
Watchsprings
"TRF" Member

I tried a few months ago to get a jubilee for myBLRO and was told it was not possible at this time. I’ll try again in a few weeks and report back. Maybe it’s only possible for the GRNR because it’s the most a boring GMT
Watchsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 06:39 AM   #13
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Strange. Every time I asked, the AD (Bucherer, and Chronotime) told me I could order the other bracelet (for 12x series).
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 07:51 AM   #14
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
I inquired about acquiring an Oyster for my GMT, and they were a bit sketchy about if I could. They finally said they could get me an Oyster for $1,900. I told them I was going to hold off for a while.
vesnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 08:19 AM   #15
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDII View Post
I heard after the trade show that in the Rolex meetings the AD’s were told they could offer both bracelets to their GMT customers. Have yet to get this confirmed.

I like how Tudor gives you the ability to buy additional bracelets and straps. I believe Rolex's restricts the purchase of other bracelet due to supply constraints. I have to say your Pepsi looks great on the Oyster.
Giovannibravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 08:26 AM   #16
Bazil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nicknames �
I asked my AD about two months ago said it was fine, I’m after jubilee bracelet, then RSC London said no ..

Some people cause happiness wherever they go ; and others whenever they go ..
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 08:26 AM   #17
BDII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovannibravo View Post
I like how Tudor gives you the ability to buy additional bracelets and straps. I believe Rolex's restricts the purchase of other bracelet due to supply constraints. I have to say your Pepsi looks great on the Oyster.

Thank you! I’m partial to the oyster. I turned down the jubilee to wait for the it… Glad I did but I’d like to have the set :)

Old 22 April 2024, 11:05 AM   #18
Rolexforthewin
"TRF" Member

I was offer bands for my GMT last year.
Rolexforthewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 12:33 PM   #19
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
It's been off and on for the last 6 years.

Varies by AD, rep, etc.

Just keep asking different ADs, service centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDII View Post

SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 04:54 PM   #20
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameAndWatch2018 View Post
It seems to still be a very opaque thing. I casually walked into a store last week expecting to order an oyster for my BLNR without any problems and got shut down immediately. They did some research and after a few days said that I could get the oyster but not jubilee (which I think has been the case for a while).

I mentioned the Hodinkee article and W+W announcement but it didn’t seem to matter. Maybe it’ll loosen up as word gets round and the new models arrive?
When both bracelets became available on the GMT Master in the UK in 2020 my AD told me that bracelet swaps would commence some time in 2021. I wasn't interested until mid 2022. When I enquired my AD said yes. Then they said no. Then they said maybe, then they said no. I contacted the London RSC who said yes. While I was waiting for my Jubilee to arrive at the RSC I spoke to my AD and asked if they would fit it if the RSC sent it to them. They said it was news to them and as far as they were concerned the bracelet swap was still not allowed.

Communication between Rolex and ADs got completely screwed up about this in the UK. My rule of thumb going forward is to get something in writing from a RSC, then either pull in the AD if I can or keep dealing directly with the RSC. I ended up going to London for my Jubilee which is no big deal but having my local AD do it (as they did for my TT Sky Dweller) would have been more convenient.

It might be different elsewhere. The picture in the UK was (and possibly still is) confused on this.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 06:20 PM   #21
MYK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: @kuwaitinglist
They do allow this on SkyDwellers, maybe the GMT is now also allowed the same treatment? Funny I actually asked an AD in Dubai about this yesterday, When the SA was showing me a SD and I asked about the option, I actually said "unlike the GMT" and he said yes, you can only do this with the SkyD. It could be the case that they are not updated yet.
MYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 06:25 PM   #22
chris007
"TRF" Member

It's possible since 2 years! :)
chris007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 07:14 PM   #23
Ceb
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD, Sub's & GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
When both bracelets became available on the GMT Master in the UK in 2020 my AD told me that bracelet swaps would commence some time in 2021. I wasn't interested until mid 2022. When I enquired my AD said yes. Then they said no. Then they said maybe, then they said no. I contacted the London RSC who said yes. While I was waiting for my Jubilee to arrive at the RSC I spoke to my AD and asked if they would fit it if the RSC sent it to them. They said it was news to them and as far as they were concerned the bracelet swap was still not allowed.

Communication between Rolex and ADs got completely screwed up about this in the UK. My rule of thumb going forward is to get something in writing from a RSC, then either pull in the AD if I can or keep dealing directly with the RSC. I ended up going to London for my Jubilee which is no big deal but having my local AD do it (as they did for my TT Sky Dweller) would have been more convenient.

It might be different elsewhere. The picture in the UK was (and possibly still is) confused on this.
I has a similar experience trying to obtain an oyster bracelet for my 126710BLRO. AD said no! I contacted RSC they said yes and even mentioned the stock levels available from within Rolex UK. I sent the correspondence to my AD, they then placed an order on my behalf and the bracelet was delivered within a few days. They also fitted it for me.

I think contacting a RSC directly is probably the best way to go. The AD's seems to have conflicting information.
Ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 10:37 PM   #24
GameAndWatch2018
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceb View Post
I has a similar experience trying to obtain an oyster bracelet for my 126710BLRO. AD said no! I contacted RSC they said yes and even mentioned the stock levels available from within Rolex UK. I sent the correspondence to my AD, they then placed an order on my behalf and the bracelet was delivered within a few days. They also fitted it for me.

I think contacting a RSC directly is probably the best way to go. The AD's seems to have conflicting information.

Nice! 100% the move I’ll use in the future on pretty much anything honestly.
GameAndWatch2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 11:29 PM   #25
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceb View Post

How did the AD take that? Some are so incompetent.
Giovannibravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 02:27 AM   #26
askdanny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Clock on my A330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchsprings View Post
I tried a few months ago to get a jubilee for myBLRO and was told it was not possible at this time. I’ll try again in a few weeks and report back. Maybe it’s only possible for the GRNR because it’s the most a boring GMT
I asked a rep for the brand at Watches and Wonders if it only applied to GRNR. She said no, to all GMTs in steel.

--Danny
Old 23 April 2024, 02:55 AM   #27
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by askdanny View Post
I asked a rep for the brand at Watches and Wonders if it only applied to GRNR. She said no, to all GMTs in steel.

--Danny

Yes!

I always appreciate your intel, Danny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 08:41 AM   #28
KMalone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
My 126710BLRO came on Oyster in October 2021 and I had a Jubilee put on it at the London RSC in January 2023.
How much for the oyster bracelet?
KMalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 08:56 AM   #29
BDII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by askdanny View Post

--Danny
This is the news I’m looking for. Anyone know current price in USD for jubilee?
Old 23 April 2024, 08:56 AM   #30
rrags
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP39, SS Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYK View Post
They do allow this on SkyDwellers, maybe the GMT is now also allowed the same treatment? Funny I actually asked an AD in Dubai about this yesterday, When the SA was showing me a SD and I asked about the option, I actually said "unlike the GMT" and he said yes, you can only do this with the SkyD. It could be the case that they are not updated yet.
My experience last year with the Sky-D, was yes, no, maybe on ordering a jubilee depending on which RSC and AD I called. In the end, my AD was able to order the jubilee last year but I understood that shortly after the policy had changed and you couldn't. Maybe the policy has changed again.
rrags is offline   Reply With Quote