The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 23 September 2021, 09:13 AM   #1
dolceman81
"TRF" Member

Advise buying 26182ST on Chrono24?

https://www.chrono24.com/audemarspig...id20166594.htm

This watch is the only one listed in Chrono that I can make an offer. I never purchased through Chrono and there is no boutique in St. Louis that can verify the authenticity of the watch. How safe is Chrono? Has anyone received a watch not as described. This watch is limited and I have reached out to multiple greys (luxury bazaar, timepiece gentlemen, DSW, timepiece trading, etc) and have not received a response. As anyone dealt with World of Luxury? They have the watch but at a higher price with box and papers. What what you do?

https://worldofluxuryus.com/pre-owne...el-mens-watch/
dolceman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2021, 09:54 AM   #2
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolceman81 View Post
https://www.chrono24.com/audemarspig...id20166594.htm

This watch is the only one listed in Chrono that I can make an offer. I never purchased through Chrono and there is no boutique in St. Louis that can verify the authenticity of the watch. How safe is Chrono? Has anyone received a watch not as described. This watch is limited and I have reached out to multiple greys (luxury bazaar, timepiece gentlemen, DSW, timepiece trading, etc) and have not received a response. As anyone dealt with World of Luxury? They have the watch but at a higher price with box and papers. What what you do?

https://worldofluxuryus.com/pre-owne...el-mens-watch/
I have no experience with either of these dealers. I bought one watch on C24, a new Omega Speedmaster (red bezel Tokyo edition, new set from a dealer in Japan) and that transaction went without a hitch. Like in many places, most of your confidence in the purchase should come from the seller, not the marketplace.

That said, between the two watches listed, the 2nd one seems in much better, probably unpolished condition, also including box and papers. The first one for sure had an encounter with a polishing wheel. That of course assumes that the picture in the 2nd ad is the actual watch. I would 100% ask for more pictures before making any move.

Edit: Following a quick Google search, it seems there are more dealers using the exact same picture as worldofluxuryus.com, making it likely a stock photo and unrelated to the actual condition of the watch they're selling. Tough one.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2021, 10:33 AM   #3
dolceman81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I have no experience with either of these dealers. I bought one watch on C24, a new Omega Speedmaster (red bezel Tokyo edition, new set from a dealer in Japan) and that transaction went without a hitch. Like in many places, most of your confidence in the purchase should come from the seller, not the marketplace.

That said, between the two watches listed, the 2nd one seems in much better, probably unpolished condition, also including box and papers. The first one for sure had an encounter with a polishing wheel. That of course assumes that the picture in the 2nd ad is the actual watch. I would 100% ask for more pictures before making any move.

Edit: Following a quick Google search, it seems there are more dealers using the exact same picture as worldofluxuryus.com, making it likely a stock photo and unrelated to the actual condition of the watch they're selling. Tough one.

Thanks! I don't know either seller, actually all the sellers I don't know. I've only bought 1 watch, and that was from Dsw. I'm hoping someone has done business with these sellers.
Old 23 September 2021, 07:11 PM   #4
shafran
"TRF" Member

I have not bought fromeither

but world of luxury has a showroom in north miami beach, and has had good feedback. I never heard of Sheen watch.
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2021, 07:34 PM   #5
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolceman81 View Post
Thanks! I don't know either seller, actually all the sellers I don't know. I've only bought 1 watch, and that was from Dsw. I'm hoping someone has done business with these sellers.
Hit up DSW and ask if he can source you one at a certain price. I'm sure he can.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2021, 08:29 PM   #6
dolceman81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Hit up DSW and ask if he can source you one at a certain price. I'm sure he can.
I already have. He said he hasn’t seen this watch in awhile.. I’m waiting to see if he can find it. If he can I’ll definitely going to him.