The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 15 May 2024, 11:03 PM   #1
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Is the Snoopy 50th too thick?

I really think the Snoopy 50th Anniversary Moonwatch is a sharp looking watch. Like it even better on the standard Moonwatch bracelet. Been watching some reviews lately and I have to say the part that shook me was when they get to the case thickness. 14.8 mm thick seems really thick to me and I don't really get why they needed to do this? Maybe the case back animation is part of it? The standard Moonwatch, I think, is around 13.2 mm thick, so 14.8 is a big jump.

Want to get some opinions from owners or folks who have tried them on. Does it seem too thick to you? Does is negatively affect the wearing experience? How does it wear compared to the regular current generation Moonwatch?
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 03:07 AM   #2
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Thickness doesn't bother me as much on the Snoopy 50th vs my FOIS which also has the same thickness. The case animation is what's causing the additional 1.5mm thickness so there's really no way for Omega to make this watch thinner other than removing it.

I think the 42mm case hides the thickness really well and it's basically as thick as the prior 1861 Speedy.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 04:18 AM   #3
BLNR Nairobi
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them.
I haven’t noticed it, and I’ve been wearing mine with suits/long-sleeved shirts. I don’t think it’s a problem. Interestingly, I actually find the 321 wearing ‘thicker’ because it has a smaller diameter. Not a problem there either.
BLNR Nairobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 04:53 AM   #4
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Here’s my feedback Mike.

I’ve wanted one of these since it was released so I went ahead and bit the bullet … should arrive here Friday.

I was lucky enough to try it on before purchasing and IMHO it wears the same as the Saphire 3681. No discernible difference to me.

I believe published dimensions show the 321 is 13.7 mm thick, the Speedy Sapphire comes in at 14.mm and the Snoopy at 14.5 but these always seem to vary depending on who works the calipers

Keep in mind, a lot of that thickness is the domed crystal which is absolutely gorgeous IMHO.

https://www.luxurybazaar.com/grey-ma...SAAEgIcgvD_BwE

Regardless, I didn’t think it was overly thick, but then again, I’m used to chunky watches. I would think you would have no problem since you’re used to the SD43
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 05:02 AM   #5
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Here’s my feedback Mike.

I’ve wanted one of these since it was released so I went ahead and bit the bullet … should arrive here Friday.

I was lucky enough to try it on before purchasing and IMHO it wears the same as the Saphire 3681. No discernible difference to me.

I believe published dimensions show the 321 is 13.7 mm thick, the Speedy Sapphire comes in at 14.mm and the Snoopy at 14.5 but these always seem to vary depending on who works the calipers

Keep in mind, a lot of that thickness is the domed crystal which is absolutely gorgeous IMHO.

Regardless, I didn’t think it was overly thick, but then again, I’m used to chunky watches. I would think you would have no problem since you’re used to the SD43
Agree.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 05:03 AM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
Agree.

Thank you for the enabling on this one Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 May 2024, 05:04 AM   #7
HL65

Quote:

You are welcome Brian!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 16 May 2024, 05:58 AM   #8
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Here’s my feedback Mike.

Early grats. Did your boutique come through again? I recall it was a legendary first purchase for you for the 321.

Oh, and no ~ thickness is not an issue on this one
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 06:23 AM   #9
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Early grats. Did your boutique come through again? I recall it was a legendary first purchase for you for the 321.

Oh, and no ~ thickness is not an issue on this one

Thank you

I had to go with a private sale on this one. I feel I got a very fair price (Brand new 2024).

The boutique was very kind in allocating the 321 (good memory). This one just wasn’t going to happen any time soon

Old 16 May 2024, 07:31 AM   #10
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Here’s my feedback Mike.

Quote:
Thank you

I had to go with a private sale on this one. I feel I got a very fair price (Brand new 2024).

The boutique was very kind in allocating the 321 (good memory). This one just wasn’t going to happen any time soon

Awesome news!!!! Huge (pre) congrats, Brian!
Cru Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 07:39 AM   #11
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Here’s my feedback Mike.

First of all congratulations Brian! Can't wait to see it.

But on the new Moonwatch sapphire sandwich I see 13.58mm quoted in a lot of places. Good point about a chunk of the thickness on both watches being the crystal.

Looks like we are only talking about roughtly 1 mm of difference, which is certainly not a deal breaker.

Debating on whether to get the new white dial or the Snoopy. Obviously cost is an issue since I can get two white dials for the price of one grey snoopy. Love the Snoopy ceramic bezel, the panda look, and the real silver dial is really cool. But the lacquered white dial with red details is fantastic too. And being thinner is a plus. Can't go wrong with either in the end.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 08:19 AM   #12
Vipes
"TRF" Member

It’s a big watch but I love it. It’s thick but the case shape and bracelet makes for a comfortable fit even on my small wrist. My Ed White is smaller but sits higher on the wrist and I think it’s due to case shape and straight lugs.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 08:29 AM   #13
HL65

Quote:

PS Congrats in advance Brian! Highly recommend wearing it on the polished bracelet for 3861 Sapphire.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 16 May 2024, 08:53 AM   #14
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post

Awesome news!!!! Huge (pre) congrats, Brian!

Thanks buddy … you were always in the know. You knew I needed some blue

Old 16 May 2024, 08:57 AM   #15
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
First of all congratulations Brian! Can't wait to see it.

But on the new Moonwatch sapphire sandwich I see 13.58mm quoted in a lot of places. Good point about a chunk of the thickness on both watches being the crystal.

Looks like we are only talking about roughtly 1 mm of difference, which is certainly not a deal breaker.

Debating on whether to get the new white dial or the Snoopy. Obviously cost is an issue since I can get two white dials for the price of one grey snoopy. Love the Snoopy ceramic bezel, the panda look, and the real silver dial is really cool. But the lacquered white dial with red details is fantastic too. And being thinner is a plus. Can't go wrong with either in the end.

I think you’re right Mike (although I haven’t seen the new white dial in person).

I will say that the silver dial is really beautiful. It has almost a sheen which when light hits at a certain angle it can look crème, white and shimmery silver

As for the thickness, the other thing I appreciate is the flatter caseback which just seems to work better for my wrist.

Old 16 May 2024, 08:57 AM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
PS Congrats in advance Brian! Highly recommend wearing it on the polished bracelet for 3861 Sapphire.

I thank you for that Ken, already ordered from our Omega Service Center here in Toronto

Old 16 May 2024, 09:02 AM   #17
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here’s my feedback Mike.

Brain hit the nail on the head.

The difference in thickness is less then half a mill, maybe 0.3mm at most. The moon watch is not 13.2mm.

I own this watch and trust me, when you see the caseback animation in person and share it with others you won't even care about the thickness. lol
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 09:13 AM   #18
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
Brain hit the nail on the head.

The difference in thickness is less then half a mill, maybe 0.3mm at most. The moon watch is not 13.2mm.

I own this watch and trust me, when you see the caseback animation in person and share it with others you won't even care about the thickness. lol

I hope Norma approves

Old 16 May 2024, 09:55 AM   #19
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Agree.
+1
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 10:04 AM   #20
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
I thought that was the default combination
So it comes standard with the brushed version?
What watch does the polished version come with?

Either way, it's nice
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 11:08 AM   #21
HL65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
I thought that was the default combination
So it comes standard with the brushed version?
What watch does the polished version come with?

Either way, it's nice
Polished is standard with sapphire and brushed w Hesalite.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 16 May 2024, 12:21 PM   #22
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Wearing mine now, and have owned the standard speedy, never noticed it was thicker.

Now that you mention it, I still don't.

Don't worry
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 08:22 PM   #23
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Not too thick in the least .. I have been wearing mine since I had gotten the call St Patty’s day 2023. I didn’t care for the standard strap so I ordered the deployment version from the boutique.