The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 February 2024, 04:01 AM   #31
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
Yeah - had my black sub date for a year, need a change up.

You really need both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 04:04 AM   #32
Gearjockey
"TRF" Member

I see a lot of talk about Sub-heft, or “comfort”. There’s nothing about either of these watches, Sub or GMT, that I would complain about WRT Heft. They are very light especially when you compare them with other brands. I just don’t get that. They are men’s watches, so be a man.
I like both of these models, and I will always be keeping both of them in my collection.
Gearjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 04:35 AM   #33
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
BLNR at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjockey View Post
I see a lot of talk about Sub-heft, or “comfort”. There’s nothing about either of these watches, Sub or GMT, that I would complain about WRT Heft. They are very light especially when you compare them with other brands. I just don’t get that. They are men’s watches, so be a man.
I like both of these models, and I will always be keeping both of them in my collection.

Yeah, I agree. My Sub actually fits better on my wrist than my GMT. My GMT fits great. Don’t get me wrong. But it’s ever so slightly too tight or too loose, not quite perfect. My Sub is perfect. Also, if the Sub is too hefty for you, then you might be on the wrong forum.

Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 04:37 AM   #34
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nads786 View Post
I would love to keep both but my Wife is going to veto that. So it’s gotta be one in one out for the time being.
Offered at retail? Buy it. Your wife can use the one you don’t

Last edited by madsitalia; 12 February 2024 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Misspelling
madsitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 04:42 AM   #35
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
I have both, I just acquired my Batman from my AD October 23 and I love them both. When I wanna dress up it's Batman, and when I'm casual it's Sub.
Polarexplorerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 04:46 AM   #36
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I would keep both if you can & if you’re not bonding w it then yes BLNR at retail is the way to go. I sold all my previous subs in the past only due to the normal bland black dial, why I have a hulk these days. As I grew more into the hobby I prefer color.
Old 12 February 2024, 04:57 AM   #37
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
That is really a shame as you can have a nice but small collection without having to go out and re buy a Sub again at some point. Talk to you wife about peace of mind and contentment. If that doesn't work maybe we can try to come up with another angle. LOL
I have two sons so there is a good argument this is it and I'm done. Until I turn 50 or some other superfluous reason to buy more :)
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 04:58 AM   #38
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg8dg7 View Post
Tried the sub and got the call for the BLNR on oyster. Take it. Its everything the sub was for me but with a touch of colour and the added function. Get rid of the sub for the GMT and I don't think you will regret it

The bracelet was less bulky and the easy link is actually perfect for me. Also a BB58 owner, transitioning to the GMT was seamless. It definitely fits a touch smaller than the new sub.Attachment 1419047

Sent from my SM-S916W using Tapatalk
Good insight on the BB58 vs the GMT. That was the transition I expected with the Sub.
Old 12 February 2024, 05:01 AM   #39
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I’m confused. Is it that you can’t afford to keep both? That, I totally get. If that’s the case, get the BLNR, and sell the sub. The BLNR is a nicer watch, with some color, and an extra complication. As you already found out, it is also more comfortable. If money is no issue, I fail to see a problem with owning both. Many of us have 2 or more Rolexes, and enjoy the variety.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm younger in my collecting journey and sometimes feel uncomfortable having two high end watches. It might be a mental thing for me. I have five total other watches and all are primarily to look at not to wear.

They also have a combined value of $700, mostly Hamilton, Orient and some gifts such as a wood watch for being a Best Man.

The thought of having two high end watches, one sitting on the shelf feels off to me for now at least.
Old 12 February 2024, 05:08 AM   #40
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
BLNR at Retail

Quote:
I'm younger in my collecting journey and sometimes feel uncomfortable having two high end watches. It might be a mental thing for me. I have five total other watches and all are primarily to look at not to wear.

They also have a combined value of $700, mostly Hamilton, Orient and some gifts such as a wood watch for being a Best Man.

The thought of having two high end watches, one sitting on the shelf feels off to me for now at least.

I see. I just switch them out, according to my mood. If you feel you should only have one Rolex, you will need to decide which you like better. Being a collector means having more than one. Please consider getting the BLNR, and keeping both, at least for a while. If it really messes with your head, you can always sell the one you like least.

Kat
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 05:12 AM   #41
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I see. I just switch them out, according to my mood. If you feel you should only have one Rolex, you will need to decide which you like better. Being a collector means having more than one. Please consider getting the BLNR, and keeping both, at least for a while. If it really messes with your head, you can always sell the one you like least.

Kat
That's where I'm heading in my mind, buy the BLNR wear them both for a few months and see if I have a strong urge to get rid of one or I can convince the Wife to let me hold on to both with some ridiculous two sons two watches concept even though they are 3 and 22 months old and treat my Sub as a chew toy.
Old 12 February 2024, 05:16 AM   #42
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

I still don’t get why people keep saying the GMT is more comfortable. I have both. If there’s a difference, it’s virtually imperceptible.

Old 12 February 2024, 05:17 AM   #43
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
I still don’t get why people keep saying the GMT is more comfortable. I have both. If there’s a difference, it’s virtually imperceptible.

the glidelock clasp is huge so that could be it
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 05:31 AM   #44
Tach24LMS
"TRF" Member

Agree with BLNR on Jubilee.

Just got mine at retail as well. Super comfortable.

Obviously the answer is keep both. But if your budget doesn't allow that, the GMT complication is far more usable.unless you dive more than you travel.

Tach24LMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 05:52 AM   #45
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
the glidelock clasp is huge so that could be it

I suppose if you have smaller wrists, that could be a factor. But I get a better fit on my wrist with glidelock FWIW.

Old 12 February 2024, 06:10 AM   #46
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tach24LMS View Post
Agree with BLNR on Jubilee.

Just got mine at retail as well. Super comfortable.

Obviously the answer is keep both. But if your budget doesn't allow that, the GMT complication is far more usable.unless you dive more than you travel.

Funny you mention travel, I’m about to do three weeks of work travel starting this week to San Diego back home, then Vegas, back home then Charlotte.

I usually appreciate tracking a second time zone especially when I’m on the west coast to FT my kids before bed.
Old 12 February 2024, 06:41 AM   #47
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

How is this even a question??? BLNR by a mile regardless of price point.
FYI: Market price is $18k+ and going up almost every week and they are selling as fast at that price.
Old 12 February 2024, 06:44 AM   #48
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Owned both as well:
Significantly better balanced with the GMT because the clasp it’s smaller BUT the caseback is flatter on the GMT and it sits lower as well. Two huge factors in why there is a difference.
The GMT on Jubilee is the closest in comfort to the SS Daytona which is the most comfortable professional model you can buy.
Old 12 February 2024, 06:56 AM   #49
Feseroni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have both. I wore the Sub yesterday. I’m wearing the GMT today. I’d never get rid of either.

If I were you I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Everyone’s wrists are different. I think the Sub is the most perfect fitting watch I have. But my GMT fits really good, too.

Great combo!
Feseroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 07:47 AM   #50
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would love to keep both but my Wife is going to veto that. So it’s gotta be one in one out for the time being.
Change wife
Mrngrz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 08:01 AM   #51
Gearjockey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
How is this even a question??? BLNR by a mile regardless of price point.
FYI: Market price is $18k+ and going up almost every week and they are selling as fast at that price.
Hmmm really?

I don’t see that. I see flat-line at $16.3K on watchcharts.

Where do you see $18k+ and rising?
Gearjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 08:31 AM   #52
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjockey View Post
Hmmm really?

I don’t see that. I see flat-line at $16.3K on watchcharts.

Where do you see $18k+ and rising?

Our trusted sellers. One particular seller just moved 5 pre owned BLNR in one week at a range of $16.5-$18.5. Patrick just sold a few this last week and has a new one up to replace it for $18.8 cash price. Chase had a lot of BLNR models and is currently completely out with selling his last BLNR of maybe 6 in the past two weeks. Than sold his last BLNR and is currently out of them. David is selling them at a higher premium of $21.3K new and $18k preowned and is moving them slower, but they are moving even at that price point.

I have spoken to enough of our sellers this past month to know they are on the uptick and selling fast including oyster bracelet models that are a bit lower in price but selling as well. I mentioned it awhile back the SS GMT is on the move up where others have stabilized in this slow after Christmas time. There was a Rolex allotment release of new 23/24 BLNR models this past month and they were bought up quickly. This is where the sudden TRF incoming of BLNR models we saw members get on the forum this last month. The way Rolex releases their allotments, it might be some time for another GMT allotment.

https://www.ocwatchguy.com/watch/rol...6710blnr/10451

https://www.ocwatchguy.com/watch/rol...6710blnr/10441
Old 12 February 2024, 02:26 PM   #53
Tach24LMS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Funny you mention travel, I’m about to do three weeks of work travel starting this week to San Diego back home, then Vegas, back home then Charlotte.

I usually appreciate tracking a second time zone especially when I’m on the west coast to FT my kids before bed.
I do the same. I travel to Chicago 4-5x a year, and usually out west once a year. I always set my watch GMT hand to East Coast home time. And the jump hour function is perfect for this watch when you land.

I've got 2 GMTs (LN and BLNR), and I want to add a 5-digit Coke (and have an OEM Pepsi bezel to swap), and Meteorite Pepsi before I'm done with the GMT Master set. I also want to pick up a 226570 Explorer II and put it on a gray Everest Rubber strap for a daily sport watch.

GMT functions really are the most usable function in a watch if you travel. Plus they just look damn cool.
Tach24LMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 03:32 PM   #54
Benjack
2024 Pledge Member

I'd jump on it! BLNR wears very nice, if you can't keep both sell the Sub and buy the BLNR IMO.
Benjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 05:57 PM   #55
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjack View Post
I'd jump on it! BLNR wears very nice, if you can't keep both sell the Sub and buy the BLNR IMO.
This
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 07:03 PM   #56
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I'd take a GMT over a Sub, although I would aim to keep both. I can't tell you which one you like best.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 07:09 PM   #57
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

BLNR on jubilee is the only Rolex I really want at the moment. Definitely do that if possible :-)
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 08:54 PM   #58
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
No brainer to buy the GMT. Wear both for a while and then make your own decision. If you can't keep both, I'm sure one will stand out.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 10:48 PM   #59
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I have both and would not get rid of either. If you have the resources to make the purchase, which you say you do, then get the BLNR and own both for a few months. I think you will find both great. Your two watches are financial assets that are as liquid as a phone call and you are in at retail. Just hold them, wear them and enjoy them. Also, educate your wife on the watch buying and selling. No reason to sell, just insure and enjoy.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 12:29 AM   #60
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and thoughts. I'm planning on purchasing and seeing which one I like better of ideally keeping both. I'm wearing my Sub this morning and it would be tough to move on from this piece.