The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 April 2023, 12:19 AM   #1
danjasinski
"TRF" Member

3186 issues?

I have a 2011 polar explorer 2, with a 3186 movement. I purchased it about 8 months ago without no known service history. I sent it to a Rolex plaque service AD late last year, and they told me it was good to go, no service needed. However recently, the watch is randomly stopping. I take it off every night, as I’ve done with this watch and my seamaster over the past 3-4 years, and have never had an issue with daily wear not giving it enough power reserve up until 2 weeks ago.

I took it to a local Rolex Plaque AD service center yesterday, and they put it on a timegrapher and opened the case back and said it’s running great, lubrication is good and the movement is clean. They did a full wind, so I got it home and let it sit, and it stopped after 20 hrs.

Maybe it wasn’t fully wound so I put it on a winder for a day and then I’ll let it sit again to see what happens.

Has anyone experienced this, or have recommendations? I appreciate the jewelers being honest and not recommending a service bc they say it’s not needed, but it just feels like something is not right with it.
danjasinski is offline   Reply With Quote