The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 June 2019, 09:36 PM   #1
bonsai-man
"TRF" Member

Deteriorating Patek quality, need ideas to stop my brand new blue 5711 from rusting

I have read about the deteriorating quality of the new Patek’s so I thought I’d share my experience and ask for advice. I got my blue 5711 from AD in April, it has the new blue dial, but 324 movement so must have been one of the last of that configuration issued.

Everything was fine until recently I noticed some marks on the edge of the bracelet, closer inspection shows it seems to be rust. The watch has been stored in a watch box, worn a handful of times and never been wet. Has anyone else had this? Are Patek using a cheaper steel? I have known some low-grade stainless steel to rust but I never expected this.

I took some pictures then used some WD40 to clean the links and it seems to have cleared it up, any thoughts on how to stop it getting worse
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2466.jpg (224.5 KB, 4111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2470.jpg (182.8 KB, 4065 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2471.jpg (134.6 KB, 4054 views)
bonsai-man is offline   Reply With Quote