The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 24 April 2020, 04:33 PM   #121
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevykor View Post
What do you mean my watch is too big for my wrist?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is that from ‘Top Secret’? Haven’t seen that in years.
Old 24 April 2020, 04:36 PM   #122
Bingofrank
"TRF" Member

Its funny how people get obsessive over size. For some people smaller is more beautiful, it somehow shows how refined you are and having a large one is brutish.

For others bigger is always better, more to look at and feel, weightier in the hand, more masculine.

Anyway that's enough about penis size in ancient Greece, what's all this about watches....?
Old 24 April 2020, 04:46 PM   #123
Megalobyte
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...me go broke
As a big wristed guy I get tired of the blanket statements you often see in social media about watch size. Do some wear a watch that’s large for their build? Of course some do. If they like it who cares? But the thing I get irritated by are the statements along the lines of, any watch over 40mm is too big, the sweet spot is 36 and big watches are silly and indicative of bad taste. It’s very self centered and really just plain condescending. Well, news flash. People come in different sizes. A 44mm on some people looks and wears like a 39-41 on others. I’m one of them. So just because a 44-47 looks big on some, it’s not on me. And in fact, a 41-42 looks too small on me. Does it mean I have no taste? That’s the implication. In reality it means some people, in fact a lot of people like bigger watches simply because they’re bigger people, and not because they can’t correctly appreciate a 36mm watch. It’s not really so hard to grasp. :)

Example, look how this 43mm behemoth wears on me. Looks a lot like a 40mm Sub, wouldn’t you agree? Watches are not one size fits all. And just because a person doesn’t like bigger watches on THEM, doesn’t mean those watches are too big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 24 April 2020, 04:58 PM   #124
aaronch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmarsenille View Post
OP’s post was needlessly provocative and utterly pointless, other than to perhaps expose his/her own insecurities.

Don't necessarily agree with op but I think a ban is abit much. After all, this is his thread.... If you guys aren't happy with his opinion, then don't read his thread. Simple as that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread