The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 March 2024, 01:58 PM   #1
edo
"TRF" Member

AP RO Perpetual 41mm

As per watch journalist the current perpetual calendar calibre 5134 goes out with the John Mayer perpetual - There's also the fact that this is the swan song for one of the most important calibers in Audemars Piguet's history, the caliber 2120/2800. Specifically, this is the last time we'll see the Calibre 5134, the brand's extra-thin perpetual calendar movement that was introduced back in 2015 and is based off the same legendary 2120 architecture Audemars Piguet first delivered in 1967. - let see all the models that are delivered through this 9 years...

I will start with the material that was, in this 41mm version, first time seen on AP perpetual calendars, the beloved ceramic. Not limited by exact numbers but limited in production, all of them are still sought after and I believe that ceramic skeleton is by most people considered the best 41 and one of the best AP perpetuals ever.

The jewelry collection was seen on 4 models, two RG and two WG.

Steel version included two green\teal limited editions, the first white and the blue that is changed at some point and not well represented on these AP renders. The first version had a pretty even colorization on dial/subdials and the second one have a slightly different hue and is much better looking. some of the fellow members here have this watch and shared some splendid pictures in these subforums...

RG version had also two blue versions, the Latin America limited and as in the steel version the least popular white dial.

YG included a blue dial and the one that is still mystery for me with green subdials and the 8. The 8 usually represents the Orchard road Singapore boutique but I never saw the confirmation for that.

All titanium versions were limited edition.

There were also 3 platinum editions, all limited.

WG included 4 WG and one WG frosted edition.

And for the end let's see Piece Unique editions delivered.

1.One drop auction - The RG version that resemble the Latin America one.

2.Only watch black ceramic with blue dial and silver subdials... not greatly represented on this render as the subdials are radiant silver.

3.Ed Sh white ceramic.

4.Austen platinum skeleton. The one that I never understood. As we all know the platinum perpetual in 39mm is one of the most important perpetuals in AP RO history. To miss that opportunity in 41mm and delivered the only metal skeleton as piece unique to influencer turned retailer is something I can't understand no meter how special FHB special friends are...

5. Travis Scott ceramic with jewels.

6. FHB piece unique as his AP exit watch...

I probably missed some models, so be free to share them...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unique only watch.jpg (292.2 KB, 1168 views)
File Type: jpg unique one drop.jpg (121.4 KB, 1163 views)
File Type: jpg unique ed.jpg (103.2 KB, 1178 views)
File Type: jpg ts.jpg (103.9 KB, 1178 views)
File Type: jpg unique austen.jpg (242.5 KB, 1190 views)
edo is offline   Reply With Quote