The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 14 September 2014, 03:33 PM   #1
lgking
"TRF" Member

Breitling Aerospace F65062 questions...

I have been taken by the somewhat 'vintage' looks of this Breitling Aerospace F65062 with the 'pro' bracelet. Current asking price is $937.00, and looks in clean and very good condition (from the photos) with all original boxes and papers from original owner.

I know that the watch is from 1996-2000 and is non-COSC, but same movement as later COSC. It has the 'Navy colored' dial with gold lettering, non-italic number fonts, 18k gold 15 minute markers on bezel. I am also aware of the possible moisture issues with the 'pressed-on back'.

It radiates to me like an old but comfortable pair of quality made shoes, if that makes any sense. Got 'unique daily beater' written all over it.

Any current/past owners have anything I should know about why I possibly should not go see (and purchase) this watch...?

Link/photos: http://forum.expert-watch.com/index.php?topic=29206.0
lgking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2014, 08:41 PM   #2
The Joker
"TRF" Member

I'm no expert, but not sure that bracelet is even Breitling, clasp looks suspect. And is not two-tone like the Bezel. Look at the braclet in the pic of the manual.

Personally I think this watch looks a bit dated, I like the ones from about 2005 onwards, but obviously will be more money. Check out Breitlingsource

http://www.breitlingsource.com/models/professional.html
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2014, 08:12 AM   #3
lgking
"TRF" Member

"Please note it is not uncommon to see Aerospaces with bracelets either earlier or later than the watch. (This can happen if a dealer fits an older design bracelet for a customer when the watch is new, or fits a newer design to an Aerospace originally sold on a strap). Usually though the bracelet type can help give a good indication of the age of a watch."

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f39/bre...dating-73.html
lgking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2014, 11:54 AM   #4
david9962000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 16570
Mine has the same bracelet, I purchased it new in in 2002. And I still love it, I don't wear my Milgauss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0097.JPG (35.7 KB, 98 views)
david9962000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2014, 02:15 PM   #5
WANNAMILGAUSS
Banned

Mine is similar only with gray dial and no gold. Bought new and had them swap out bracelet for OEM kevlar band. It is about 10 years old and I have probably spent about the same on bands as I did the entire watch at $200 each.

I use watch almost every day rotating others maybe once a week. It looks new and I have banged it around quite a bit. Once dropped and internals popped out. Tourneau wanted $900 to fix other watch shop simply snapped back together, that was 5 years ago.

Only issue was Bainbridge did last battery change and now if you tap on rear case you hear a looseness. I will not take in water till it gets fixed.

Great watch that keeps going and still gets plenty compliments. I wouldn't think it was worth more then $500. It was approx $1600 new.
WANNAMILGAUSS is offline   Reply With Quote