The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Which one you Take home ?
15703ST 39 42.86%
5167A 52 57.14%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 August 2014, 04:21 PM   #121
Kadhytia
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX, AP, and PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by diver2012 View Post
I personally think the PP looks cheap and boring compared to the Driver.

I don't find the dial remotely interesting and don't think the rubber strap looks right (especially with the butterfly clasp).

I've never liked the Aquanaut...you can probably tell...

I somehow agree with this
Kadhytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2014, 07:53 PM   #122
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
If you want a second beater I personally would get either Rolex BLNR, not a sub but still a Rolex, been swimming with mine since 10 days in Thailand, since I don't go more than 10 feet under the water the WR on it is just fine, the only thing is the PCL's, am thinking if ever I decide to keep it, will depend on getting the RO or not, to put a sub bracelet which seems possible, or to get it brushed, I also don't like PCL's on a sport watch, or would get a sub c no date, those are beaters, the PP not really, the AP maybe, except I won't mind getting a scratch or bump on a 10K watch, whereas on a 20K+ it would seriously bother me.

I see your point, but I wont add a watch with PCL's specially if it is activity related. And since I am into modifying or altering models then there is no chance that I can add a Rolex on the activity /rougher department.
And the more the time pass by, I can see more clearly outside the itch and realize that this potential purchase of the AP diver more than a 2nd activity watch is more to have something extra in the the collection, something fun, an oversized watch to give an alternative choice to the Hulk. And the key word here is " extra " . That's all it is an extra watch, that yes it could be fun but I really don't need. Will see time will tell .......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2014, 08:55 PM   #123
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I was wearing my cousin's Diver yesterday and it still feels great on me even tho I have lost quite a bit of weight this year and my wrist is now 7 inches but the lugs do not overhang the edges of my wrist and the dial is rather small. My white dial 41mm ROC actually wears slightly larger I feel, has a wider dial.

What is your wrist size Jorge?
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2014, 09:12 PM   #124
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I was wearing my cousin's Diver yesterday and it still feels great on me even tho I have lost quite a bit of weight this year and my wrist is now 7 inches but the lugs do not overhang the edges of my wrist and the dial is rather small. My white dial 41mm ROC actually wears slightly larger I feel, has a wider dial.

What is your wrist size Jorge?

7 inch

image.jpg

Albert Einstein
Old 31 August 2014, 11:58 PM   #125
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCCW View Post
You'll be fine then.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2014, 01:53 AM   #126
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Once you brainstorm ideas and you believe is the right watch for you, that's when you have to give it more time to see if indeed matches your wearing habits.
I just posted this pic on another thread

image.jpg

And I thought would I wear the AP diver for this ? Probably not. Then I understood that yes the AP can't compete with any watch of my lineup. That doesn't mean is not an awesome watch. I still think it's the best fit for my collection, but I also have to understand that once I buy it (which is quite possible anyway) it will be the watch that will fit the less on my stable.

Cheers !

Albert Einstein