The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 October 2023, 08:40 PM   #1
G-dog
"TRF" Member

How Rolex supply the AD's

Stubbled across an interesting conversation about the supply chain process for AD's and how they order stock. Worth a watch if you're currently engaged in the 'wait list' tango....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMvukNuTiGI
G-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2023, 11:23 PM   #2
MegaXray
Banned

Interesting. I don't think it would change anything being on a wait list. Nobody should be 'that guy' saying "Oh, I know how the business works, blah blah blah"

But it's discouraging when you know how it works and you don't get selected. My AD told me that he doesn't expect me to come in and spend a lot of money first. He was fairly direct about that. He just wants me to keep in touch so he remembers me and that I am interested. It's still a game. One thing my AD told me that I'm certain is false is that they do not know what they get - Rolex just ships them watches randomly. That's a little ridiculous to believe when the AD has to buy them from Rolex. It's most likely that particular SA thinks it's random because the owner/manager keeps a tight lip.
It was mentioned that the AD keeps high demand watches separate to offer customers as a 'treat' if they do spend a lot of money. It would be nice if an AD turned their thought process around and offered me the watch I'm asking for, then I'd be more likely to come back and pay a premium for other jewelry because they did me right. Just an opinion...
MegaXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2023, 11:44 PM   #3
G-dog
"TRF" Member

Agreed. That 'Master code' order process was of most interest. I don't believe all AD's use the same playbook in terms of how they allocate to customers and not all SA's are the same. That can't be dictated as an exact science by Rolex so you'll always be at the behest of your AD, but the fact they can order specific models within defined quotas isn't the full story most of us get told.

I guess information is key. Maybe some of the points raised act as a good sense-check as to whether a SA is giving you BS excuses.
G-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2023, 11:52 PM   #4
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-dog View Post
Agreed. That 'Master code' order process was of most interest. I don't believe all AD's use the same playbook in terms of how they allocate to customers and not all SA's are the same. That can't be dictated as an exact science by Rolex so you'll always be at the behest of your AD, but the fact they can order specific models within defined quotas isn't the full story most of us get told.

I guess information is key. Maybe some of the points raised act as a good sense-check as to whether a SA is giving you BS excuses.
AD's are free to sell to whomever they wish essentially. Rolex is NOT telling them who gets a Daytona for example. They most certainly do not all use the same playbook. This is why, despite some people decrying it, "establishing a relationship" with a good AD is so essential.

Conversely, it's why when an AD loses its franchise, or your sales associate leaves and no one else at the AD knows you, you have to start at ground zero. There is no master history that Rolex will share with a new AD. We're all on our own.
Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote