The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 April 2024, 11:51 AM   #1
thughes
"TRF" Member

Why not call out AD's

Forgive my ignorance, but this is something I've been curious about for a while. Folks complain on here about the treatment they receive from some AD's, but never call them out by name. As long as you are describing your experience truthfully there is no liability, is there? I'm not a lawyer, so forgive me if I am wrong here. I, and others I'm sure, have named an AD that has treated me well. Why not let the world know who's treated you poorly. Maybe not wanting to piss them off, still hoping to "get the call".
thughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 11:58 AM   #2
Sephiroth
"TRF" Member

To what end? That’s not going to get you a coveted watch any faster at msrp. Besides, the shitty retail experience is pervasive.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 12:00 PM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
It's the Internet, nothing is real.
Old 17 April 2024, 12:17 PM   #4
thughes
"TRF" Member

To what end, really? I'm not sure, but I would bet some of these AD's keep an eye on forums.
thughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 12:17 PM   #5
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Watches of Switzerland - I don't like them.

My actual local AD where I shop ... I won't name them as to not identify too much about me personally but they are wonderful people.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 12:35 PM   #6
Sunny Arizona
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613
My favorite is Meridian Jewelers in Aspen. Purchase X 2 with them.
Old 17 April 2024, 12:42 PM   #7
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
When burning the crops isn’t enough let’s salt the earth. What a way to build community.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 01:12 PM   #8
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
If a store is a bad experience, I just don't go back. One in particular, I went to management and sorted it. I'll likely not go back, but they did make me whole. I don't feel the need to put them on blast on a world-wide forum. They are a successful business, I'm sure my experience isn't common there.
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 01:12 PM   #9
Malum
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 D-Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by thughes View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but this is something I've been curious about for a while. Folks complain on here about the treatment they receive from some AD's, but never call them out by name. As long as you are describing your experience truthfully there is no liability, is there? I'm not a lawyer, so forgive me if I am wrong here. I, and others I'm sure, have named an AD that has treated me well. Why not let the world know who's treated you poorly. Maybe not wanting to piss them off, still hoping to "get the call".
Be careful Squire to many the AD is the third rail .
Malum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 02:52 PM   #10
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
My experience has only been positive at my AD. They are a privately owned business, with numerous locations, 3 of which are Rolex ADs. I have been to 2 of the three. Both were awesome to me. Having said that, I don’t ask for GMTs or SS Daytonas.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 03:04 PM   #11
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I think many of the old schoolers here prefer not to mention their store because their experience may not be the same as another customer’s. I did have a crappy experience at WOS Hudson Yards and told about it here. The next time I went there a year later it was totally different for the better.
My history with my AD is pretty different from the status quo I hear about often. My spend history is not stratospheric and has all been SS Rolex. Not worth mentioning its name, they have plenty of customers already.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 03:32 PM   #12
Bazil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nicknames �
I’ve only had a great experience, I’m not sure name and shame would achieve much ..

Some people cause happiness wherever they go ; and others whenever they go ..
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 03:35 PM   #13
"TRF" Member

My AD is the best I love them so much, kisses
881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 05:23 PM   #14
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
I came name and shame: once, Chrono-Time, in Geneva, didn’t give me service chocolates. ��
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 05:52 PM   #15
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

It's highly subjective. Some customers behave like entitled idiots and so do some SAs. People have good days and bad days. Some people can read body language and others just plough on regardless. You would have to be there to call it but if the customer is offended, not exaggerating and not making an accusation which they cannot support, they should name the AD. This is potentially useful because other forum members who know the AD might reinforce or refute the OP's characterisation allowing a bigger and more informed picture to emerge. This sometimes happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thughes View Post
Maybe not wanting to piss them off, still hoping to "get the call".
Whinging doormats and everywhere in life, Again, you have to be there. Some people don't like it when someone else gets something they want. They think it's some sort of personal slight that the AD has gone out of their way to commit. Without an account from both sides it's weak. Most people in here know this.

Easier to dismiss are posters who accuse ADs of trading out the back door and other sharp practice, yet will not name nor supply facts. No proof no truth. When asked to name and shame they mumble things like liability and deformation, indicating that they already know they would be committing it if they actually had to prove what they were claiming.

I've been brushed off by a couple of ADs. One of them, Stephanides Luxury Nicosia, was so keen to get me back on the street it was a bit comical A friend who lives in Cyprus tells me they treat their local regulars like Royalty, I can't remember the other one, it wasn't important.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 09:42 PM   #16
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
No issue with having a discussion about poor service or personal interaction at an AD/Trusted Seller/Watch Shop.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 10:04 PM   #17
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Who could ever forget Jaztime

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=747810
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 10:28 PM   #18
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

I'll call out Mayors in Tampa, specifically Nick... for being an amazing gentleman. His care and service over the past nearly nine years has been exceptional

In fact Mayors (and Watches of Switzerland at Wynn in Vegas) has been wonderful for both my wife and i. Happy wife, happy life
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 03:56 AM   #19
Cosmic Charlie
"TRF" Member

I'll chime in.

Davis Jewelers in Louisville. Specifically Erica. They suck.

I went in 2022 Christmas Eve with wife. She was trying to source me a Sub Date for a 30 years military retirement. Erica blew us off until she heard military retirement. She left and came back and said we would get the next one in. She was very convincing that we were getting hooked up. Even to the point of "don't worry about checking in, I have you covered".

Long story short, my wife didn't trust her and put in a second request with another AD. That one scored for us.
Cosmic Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 04:18 AM   #20
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

I'll call out South Coast Plaza AD in Costa Mesa California. I have spent over $100,000 in that AD. With each purchase, I have given an envelope with money in it ranging from $200-$400 because I am grateful to get the call. I have been with this AD since 2019.

I have bought the full RG Rootbeer, full white gold Day Date olive dial, Submariner Date, two tone submariner black, 5 OPs (black, silver, blue, green, red, pink), white explorer 42mm, wimbledon datejust 41mm, black datejust 41mm. All models that are not too hard to get.

I have never been offered a SS Daytona or SS GMT.
rolesor2022 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 04:30 AM   #21
rolexandlange
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolesor2022 View Post
I'll call out South Coast Plaza AD in Costa Mesa California. I have spent over $100,000 in that AD. With each purchase, I have given an envelope with money in it ranging from $200-$400 because I am grateful to get the call. I have been with this AD since 2019.

I have bought the full RG Rootbeer, full white gold Day Date olive dial, Submariner Date, two tone submariner black, 5 OPs (black, silver, blue, green, red, pink), white explorer 42mm, wimbledon datejust 41mm, black datejust 41mm. All models that are not too hard to get.

I have never been offered a SS Daytona or SS GMT.
This is absolutely insane and your SA would get fired for taking that. It is not allowed.

I am also a customer of this AD and I have never done such a thing. I have spent more (10+ watches SS/PM including the 116500LN white dial and 126710BLRO) plus a bunch of pre owned higher end pieces, and am generally pleased, but it has never been suggested that I need to "pay to play."
rolexandlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 04:43 AM   #22
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
I'll call out Mayors in Tampa, specifically Nick... for being an amazing gentleman. His care and service over the past nearly nine years has been exceptional

In fact Mayors (and Watches of Switzerland at Wynn in Vegas) has been wonderful for both my wife and i. Happy wife, happy life
This! Tampa has 2 ADs, one is a family owned small AD and mayors. Mayors is awesome!!!! Other one not so much.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 09:27 AM   #23
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexandlange View Post
This is absolutely insane and your SA would get fired for taking that. It is not allowed.

I am also a customer of this AD and I have never done such a thing. I have spent more (10+ watches SS/PM including the 116500LN white dial and 126710BLRO) plus a bunch of pre owned higher end pieces, and am generally pleased, but it has never been suggested that I need to "pay to play."
I know it's not allowed so I won't call out the name of the SA but you can all imagine how disappointed and annoyed I am of the situation. Sigh, such is life.
rolesor2022 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 09:50 AM   #24
rolexjackson
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, Daytona
Seems like a negative Google review would do the same job.

Life is short, buy the watch.
rolexjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 11:59 AM   #25
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexjackson View Post
Seems like a negative Google review would do the same job.

Life is short, buy the watch.
Yelp reviews too.
kopi-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 12:03 PM   #26
gerry100
"TRF" Member

I think WE are frustrated
When you are ready to spend min $5k and cant!
Patience this year
gerry100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 12:35 PM   #27
goodolejr
"TRF" Member

One reason to not name and shame is that ADs talk to each other. If you post something inflammatory about your experience, the offending AD can likely deduce who penned it and send out a warning signal to other local ADs not to do business with you.

This could make getting the watch your seeking even tougher.
118238 (white)
124200 (silver)
Ω De Ville Jumping Hours 4853.61
goodolejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 02:38 PM   #28
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie View Post
I'll chime in.

Davis Jewelers in Louisville. Specifically Erica. They suck.

I went in 2022 Christmas Eve with wife. She was trying to source me a Sub Date for a 30 years military retirement. Erica blew us off until she heard military retirement. She left and came back and said we would get the next one in. She was very convincing that we were getting hooked up. Even to the point of "don't worry about checking in, I have you covered".

Long story short, my wife didn't trust her and put in a second request with another AD. That one scored for us.
I wouldn't complain if my AD blew me off lol
Old 18 April 2024, 02:55 PM   #29
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post

That son of a!!.....oh wait, you said "amazing gentleman". Carry on.
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 03:15 PM   #30
321Forever
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
My experience with the Singapore Raffles Hour Glass Boutique has been stellar, same SA since 1997. Lots of goodies offered for purchase over the years. I also love my SA at the Short Hills NJ Omega Boutique.

My experience with the 3 Rolex ADs in Orange County California has been abysmal. -Zero success since 2022. I no longer consider giving them my business.
321Forever is offline   Reply With Quote