The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 13 March 2024, 04:52 AM   #1
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

I think the NTTD at one point were even going above retail because the hype was so high.

I remember the older Apollo 11 DSOTM also was going above retail very briefly due to hype.

Both watches have significantly come down 1-2 years post release.
gamingdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 05:35 AM   #2
Pablito
"TRF" Member

What is the NTTD sorry ?
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 05:41 AM   #3
raclaims
"TRF" Member

No Time to Die - bond ti version
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 09:03 AM   #4
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
No Time to Die - bond ti version
Thank you!
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 09:27 AM   #5
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 126334 Silver
I'm really curious if anyone that placed a full deposit/pre-order down last week/over the weekend has heard anything further about availability of actually getting their watch. I figure I'll give my OB about two weeks before I call them and ask if they've got any information on when I might see the watch. They quoted 'up to two months'.
Midlifegoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 12:54 PM   #6
misochew
"TRF" Member

Watch: n+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlifegoals View Post
I'm really curious if anyone that placed a full deposit/pre-order down last week/over the weekend has heard anything further about availability of actually getting their watch. I figure I'll give my OB about two weeks before I call them and ask if they've got any information on when I might see the watch. They quoted 'up to two months'.

I went to an OB today to look at it. Asked to be put on waitlist expecting a request for deposit. She never asked. Of course after leaving I started to wonder if I’m on the real list or not.
Old 13 March 2024, 01:01 PM   #7
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ve got a full deposit down and plan to visit the OB tomorrow to try their display model on. I’ll ask her and post an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCD1979 View Post
I agree that waiting 1-2 years will likely result in paying a lower price; however new watches will be released, and omega will continue raising MSRPs. I’m going to shell out at the current MSRP and enjoy the new speedy soon as possible. To each their own, but that will be my path. Cheers!
Same. I’m buying now, knowing it will probably depreciate. I want the watch and I can comfortably afford the depreciation.
yetione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 05:44 AM   #8
djtheot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIC
Quote:
Just picked mine up today
djtheot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 06:02 AM   #9
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheot View Post
Just picked mine up today

Nice!! From an Omega Boutique in the states or elsewhere? Curious how many they got in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 March 2024, 06:18 AM   #10
djtheot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIC
Quote:
Nice!! From an Omega Boutique in the states or elsewhere? Curious how many they got in.

UK boutique

djtheot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 12:50 PM   #11
NCD1979
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I agree that waiting 1-2 years will likely result in paying a lower price; however new watches will be released, and omega will continue raising MSRPs. I’m going to shell out at the current MSRP and enjoy the new speedy soon as possible. To each their own, but that will be my path. Cheers!
NCD1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2024, 10:05 AM   #12
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I’m starting to feel FOMO on this one, I might have to order it.
codecow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2024, 04:36 AM   #13
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
I’m starting to feel FOMO on this one, I might have to order it.
Why? This will be below retail before you know it.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2024, 07:06 AM   #14
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Why? This will be below retail before you know it.

How many Rolexes are above retail these days? Off the top of my head I can think of 3 that I couldn’t get within 3 months, at retail or below.

DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 10:02 AM   #15
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
New white speedy pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
How many Rolexes are above retail these days? Off the top of my head I can think of 3 that I couldn’t get within 3 months, at retail or below.

Omega doesn’t have nearly the brand awareness that Rolex has.

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 07:46 PM   #16
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Omega doesn’t have nearly the brand awareness that Rolex has.

Not sure that is correct. The speedmaster is the most famous chronograph in the world, ever!

I would have agreed that Rolex has more prestige.

Listen I love Rolex. I have loads of them. This idea that you shouldn’t buy the new white speedy because it will depreciate is what rattles me a little. I am just pointing out that nearly every Rolex you buy now at retail, will depreciate as well as soon as you leave the shop. Of course over time the retail price will go up which helps and as others on this thread have pointed out, this will happen to the white speedy as well. We shouldn’t however be feeding the myth that getting any Rolex is a cash cow and any omega is a poor choice. That just adds to the problem.

My boxing coach said to me 2 weeks ago, can you get me a Rolex as I need to spread my investments?! I spent 10 mins explaining to him where the watch market is. We landed on a Batman, as it’s clear he wanted a GMT anyway, and I will help him get one but I said on a few occasions he should be speaking to a financial advisor, not me!

Apologies if this has become a rant. I know a lot of you feel the same way as me and I know I am privileged to have the watches I have and enjoy the hobby the way I do. Omega have nailed this watch and the more people that buy it and appreciate it, the happier that makes me as a WIS.

Old 15 March 2024, 10:58 PM   #17
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

[mention]yetione [/mention] totally plausible, and yet I desperately hope you’re wrong! Haha

I’ll be curious to see when the second round of folks start getting watches. I was hoping it would be this week, but I haven’t seen much activity. Not very many YouTube videos or Instagram reels of folks with watches in-hand.

Holding out a glimmer of hope that my full deposit gets fulfilled in the order it was placed…

Old 15 March 2024, 11:13 PM   #18
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
[mention]yetione [/mention] totally plausible, and yet I desperately hope you’re wrong! Haha

I’ll be curious to see when the second round of folks start getting watches. I was hoping it would be this week, but I haven’t seen much activity. Not very many YouTube videos or Instagram reels of folks with watches in-hand.

Holding out a glimmer of hope that my full deposit gets fulfilled in the order it was placed…

Based on what I was told, the OB's have almost no idea what their delivery schedule will be. It sounds like the super VIPs have their watches already but round 2 /deposit people / could take 6 months. I remember the associates using the word "patience" several times lol.

I was among the very first deposits at my OB, albeit with a relatively limited spend history, and will be happy to provide an update when I get called.
Old 15 March 2024, 11:22 PM   #19
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetione View Post
Based on what I was told, the OB's have almost no idea what their delivery schedule will be. It sounds like the super VIPs have their watches already but round 2 /deposit people / could take 6 months. I remember the associates using the word "patience" several times lol.

I was among the very first deposits at my OB, albeit with a relatively limited spend history, and will be happy to provide an update when I get called.

Yeah, my OB also had no idea. They quoted me 1-3 months, but were up front about not having a clue. I have zero spend history (but been in several times shopping for my first Omega), which is why I figure if they don’t go chronologically, I’ll be waiting a while.

Old 15 March 2024, 11:17 PM   #20
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

I am not sure they will play games with this for too long. My bet is by Xmas you will be able to buy one just like the black dial. I hope so anyway.

Old 15 March 2024, 11:40 PM   #21
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am not sure they will play games with this for too long. My bet is by Xmas you will be able to buy one just like the black dial. I hope so anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzlQCiWzV1U&t=12s

Here's a pretty solid look behind the curtain at the market, and what the guys in the executive suites who pull the levers are thinking about. Whole video is worth watching but Rolex and Omega come in around 3:53. In a nutshell though, Omega will be doing things that help them increase their average price/unit sold. They have this massively popular hero product which, if they can drive full retail price sales, will help them significantly in doing that. Part of that though is to be very careful so as not to oversupply the market.
Old 15 March 2024, 11:56 PM   #22
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Here's a pretty solid look behind the curtain at the market, and what the guys in the executive suites who pull the levers are thinking about. Whole video is worth watching but Rolex and Omega come in around 3:53. In a nutshell though, Omega will be doing things that help them increase their average price/unit sold. They have this massively popular hero product which, if they can drive full retail price sales, will help them significantly in doing that. Part of that though is to be very careful so as not to oversupply the market.

Send me a Xmas present if I am correct!

I get your point though. Let’s see.

Old 16 March 2024, 12:18 AM   #23
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Send me a Xmas present if I am correct!

I get your point though. Let’s see.

Well, the two concepts aren't mutually exclusive. The perfect level of supply is one which matches demand, meaning you should be able to walk in and buy one for Christmas. But they shouldn't have pieces in the back they can't sell, and they shouldn't have to offer discounts. That's the goal, anyways.
Old 16 March 2024, 02:38 AM   #24
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Excellent video. I’m hoping they rush enough out the door to fill my allocation and what they do after that is their business! Haha

Old 16 March 2024, 03:07 AM   #25
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Excellent video. I’m hoping they rush enough out the door to fill my allocation and what they do after that is their business! Haha

Ha! you and me both
Old 16 March 2024, 04:49 AM   #26
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wow...that dudes analysis is so accurate. People will happily and easily upgrade to TT or PM in Rolex, but other brands? NO CHNACE.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2024, 06:11 AM   #27
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Wow...that dudes analysis is so accurate. People will happily and easily upgrade to TT or PM in Rolex, but other brands? NO CHNACE.
From what I've gathered he works in professional consulting so his insight is spot on. Highly recommend his channel.
Old 16 March 2024, 06:13 AM   #28
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

What do you guys think resale price will be in a couple of months?
GrailTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2024, 06:44 AM   #29
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffs View Post
What do you guys think resale price will be in a couple of months?
Theo and Harris just predicted initial resales over $20k, with stabilization in the $15k-$20k range.

Personally, I think that's high. Maybe the first few outliers trade in the $20's, but I'd guess two months from now ... maybe 11-12k? and then hover around 10k until they're readily available.
Old 16 March 2024, 06:51 AM   #30
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Theo and Harris just predicted initial resales over $20k, with stabilization in the $15k-$20k range.

Don’t know these guys (sound like Flip and Flap) but this prediction seems to be ridiculous with an unlimited production.

bibbi
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote