The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 28 August 2015, 11:41 PM   #1
S Cameron
"TRF" Member

Icon10 AP Diver New Strap

Have ceramic Diver for a while but hardly wear it due to original rubber strap did not fit my wrist well. After got a new ROO Navy, new Navy got more wrist time. New rubber strap feel softer and curve more toward my wrist.

The new hunt for new rubber strap for Diver began last month. Since new rubber strap will not fit original Diver buckle. I had to order the whole new set of strap to fit Diver.

Here are some pictures of new rubber strap compare with original strap. Now, I can wear the Diver more comfortable and it does look sharp with the new style rubber.

S Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 01:28 AM   #2
simongpaez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Some
What is the difference?
simongpaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 01:43 AM   #3
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
More tapered near the buckle
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 02:35 AM   #4
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Is it more malleable as well? I noticed that my diver strap is stiffer than the one on the 44mm
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 02:39 AM   #5
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Glad it fits better, the Ceramic Diver is such a fantastic looking watch.
Old 29 August 2015, 04:46 AM   #6
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Ok I am very interested as I want to order a blue OEM from AP, the navy strap fits the diver as I understand, and maybe a black one also, the strap you ordered is original AP? Is it the same as original but small size? if it's from different AP model which one? If it's not AP can you please tell me from what company? Thanks in advance for your answer as I will get 1 or 2 soon
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 05:06 AM   #7
Amme
Banned

I had the old diver strap on my ROO and didn't like the feel on the inside of my wrist. Now I know why! :)
It was ascetic but as you say it didn't curve so well and felt hefty on the inside
Amme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 06:35 AM   #8
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Cameron View Post
Have ceramic Diver for a while but hardly wear it due to original rubber strap did not fit my wrist well. After got a new ROO Navy, new Navy got more wrist time. New rubber strap feel softer and curve more toward my wrist.

The new hunt for new rubber strap for Diver began last month. Since new rubber strap will not fit original Diver buckle. I had to order the whole new set of strap to fit Diver.

Here are some pictures of new rubber strap compare with original strap. Now, I can wear the Diver more comfortable and it does look sharp with the new style rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Ok I am very interested as I want to order a blue OEM from AP, the navy strap fits the diver as I understand, and maybe a black one also, the strap you ordered is original AP? Is it the same as original but small size? if it's from different AP model which one? If it's not AP can you please tell me from what company? Thanks in advance for your answer as I will get 1 or 2 soon
Hi S Cameron.....Arnaud (Lapince) and I would like to know more please. Appreciate all the information you can give.

Cheers

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 09:49 AM   #9
Joe.King
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I have a question for you guys. The strap that comes on the Ceramic diver, I series. Is it tapered or straight? Same strap as the SS diver?
Joe.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 01:30 PM   #10
Sso
"TRF" Member

Nice one
Sso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 02:30 PM   #11
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.King View Post
I have a question for you guys. The strap that comes on the Ceramic diver, I series. Is it tapered or straight? Same strap as the SS diver?
Well it's almost straight, it's the one I have
Old 29 August 2015, 06:06 PM   #12
S Cameron
"TRF" Member

Icon10

Hi Arnaud and Clive,

This strap is AP original strap, it is exactly the same strap that comes with ROO Navy 26470ST but in black. The color also come in navy and grey (not sure). You will need to order the SS pin buckle 20mm as well. The original Diver buckle will not fit this strap.

This strap is softer than original Diver strap and more flexible at lug end. So, it fits more comfortable for small wrist people.

Hope the information is helpful for you.
Old 30 August 2015, 03:24 AM   #13
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Arnaud and Clive,

This strap is AP original strap, it is exactly the same strap that comes with ROO Navy 26470ST but in black. The color also come in navy and grey (not sure). You will need to order the SS pin buckle 20mm as well. The original Diver buckle will not fit this strap.

This strap is softer than original Diver strap and more flexible at lug end. So, it fits more comfortable for small wrist people.

Hope the information is helpful for you.
Thanks a lot, will write an email to my AP dealer and ask him to order them…
Old 30 August 2015, 03:41 AM   #14
lapince
"TRF" Member

OK it's already starting, I wrote an email to the director of the AP showroom in Paris saying that I wanted to get 2 straps like yours', one black and the other blue, and he tells me that they are not compatible with my diver, yeah right, on the case side the width is 28mm on the navy and on the diver, so they are compatible, I think it's the same story as brands don't like it when you want to "tune" your watch, they want the watch to stay the same, so I guess I'll have to order them from another AP AD not saying I have the diver, it's getting tiring, you put that kind of money into a watch I should be able to put the strap I want, even pink if I wanted to…

Just sent one to one of the AP AD in Paris asking him to order the 2 straps with buckle, will see what they say, black is cool but blue is awesome with the CE diver, got a cheap one for 69$ just to see and it looks great, so I want the original one…
Old 30 August 2015, 04:47 AM   #15
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OK it's already starting, I wrote an email to the director of the AP showroom in Paris saying that I wanted to get 2 straps like yours', one black and the other blue, and he tells me that they are not compatible with my diver, yeah right, on the case side the width is 28mm on the navy and on the diver, so they are compatible, I think it's the same story as brands don't like it when you want to "tune" your watch, they want the watch to stay the same, so I guess I'll have to order them from another AP AD not saying I have the diver, it's getting tiring, you put that kind of money into a watch I should be able to put the strap I want, even pink if I wanted to…

Just sent one to one of the AP AD in Paris asking him to order the 2 straps with buckle, will see what they say, black is cool but blue is awesome with the CE diver, got a cheap one for 69$ just to see and it looks great, so I want the original one…
I have never had a problem buying straps from AP....some dealers can be stubborn though. Sorry to hear that they were being silly like this.

I mean if you want a full gold bracelet or a buckle etc etc they will sell it to you...they aren't silly like Rolex with their accessories.
sturgeon123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2015, 06:06 AM   #16
yjfang
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 1680
This is very cool. I guess when I send my CE Diver in for the pressure test / warranty extension, I will ask APSC to add the new rubber strap and the smaller tang buckle that comes on the newer ROO Chronographs.
yjfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2015, 11:48 AM   #17
S Cameron
"TRF" Member

Icon10

Quote:

Sorry to hear that you have trouble order this strap. I got mine from APSC in Singapore. They advise me about compatible and ordered this set for me. One of best crew around here.

Good luck with your order.
Old 30 August 2015, 05:26 PM   #18
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Ahh, I see now. It seems quite a lot narrower towards the buckle?

I do like the wideness of the "original" diver buckle myself.
Old 30 August 2015, 05:49 PM   #19
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon123456 View Post
I have never had a problem buying straps from AP....some dealers can be stubborn though. Sorry to hear that they were being silly like this.

I mean if you want a full gold bracelet or a buckle etc etc they will sell it to you...they aren't silly like Rolex with their accessories.
Yeah I also find this silly but not super surprised, of course if I was to order a gold bracelet for the CE diver, would look AWFUL, I'm sure there would be no compatibility problems

Quote:
Sorry to hear that you have trouble order this strap. I got mine from APSC in Singapore. They advise me about compatible and ordered this set for me. One of best crew around here.

Good luck with your order.
Thanks, I will eventually get one just won't say for what watch I want it, sent the AP guy an email saying that they were 100% compatible as I knew someone who had the black and blue strap on his diver, if he still says it's not will get from other place, some brands are just incredible, Panerai which has many models with see through case back told me when I wanted to order one "if Panerai made it like that it's meant to stay like that…."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
Ahh, I see now. It seems quite a lot narrower towards the buckle?

I do like the wideness of the "original" diver buckle myself.
Well it is cool being large but when you wear it tight the buckle does tend to dig in your wrist, plus if the rubber is more supple it's probably much nicer to wear….
Old 30 August 2015, 11:12 PM   #20
Lower Saxony
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712,15707,PAM233
When I purchased my 15707 black ceramic in the AP Boutique in Paris last year I soon realized that the rubber strap was a bit too long and, much more, really too uncomfortable for my wrist. So I asked for a shorter version which they delivered on the next day. Having it mounted the watch immediatedly fitted much more better because the shorter strap is not so balky and restive as the longer one. This might be the solution for those who have rather a lady-sized wrist...
Lower Saxony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2015, 01:16 AM   #21
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lower Saxony View Post
When I purchased my 15707 black ceramic in the AP Boutique in Paris last year I soon realized that the rubber strap was a bit too long and, much more, really too uncomfortable for my wrist. So I asked for a shorter version which they delivered on the next day. Having it mounted the watch immediatedly fitted much more better because the shorter strap is not so balky and restive as the longer one. This might be the solution for those who have rather a lady-sized wrist...
Well can't say I have a lady wrist but I have 6.9 or 17.5cm so it's in between, I wear the diver either on the last hole if I want it tight or before the last hole if want it a little loose, the problem is when it's tight the large buckle tends to dig into my wrist, I think with a shorter strap and smaller buckle the comfort will be much better, and I absolutely want a blue strap, looks great with the CE diver
Old 31 August 2015, 01:59 AM   #22
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Personally I prefer the less-tapered look of the OEM Diver strap. To me, too much taper throws off the balance of the strap to head size-wise, which makes the watch look more top-heavy when viewed from the side.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote