The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 April 2024, 08:20 AM   #1
spinnaker226
"TRF" Member

Reeds Jewelers-Wilmington, NC

Moderators-please delete if this is not allowed or there's a duplicate discussion. New member here.

A few months ago, I expressed interest at my local AD in purchasing a Stainless Submariner (black bezel, black dial, no date). I currently own an older reference that was handed down, so this will be my first Rolex purchase from an AD and I am mainly curious to see if anyone has any experience in dealing with Reeds, what the typical wait time is for the 124060, and what the purchase experience typically entails should one be allocated to me.

I have no major purchase history with the dealer other than an Omega SMP Diver 300 about 10 years ago and some other misc. items. During the visit, the staff was fantastic and welcoming, and I basically got the rundown as far as how the market has been over the past few years.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
spinnaker226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 08:47 AM   #2
BlondesNwatches
"TRF" Member

Rolex pretty much dictates the buying experience they want their customers to have. At some point, your AD may call or text to let you know they have the watch or something similar that you talked about and you can set an appointment to go in and view/buy the watch. Some ADs may offer a beer or other beverage and the SA will show you the watch and can explain how it works, setting the time/date, etc and they can size it for you after removing the stickers.
BlondesNwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 12:19 PM   #3
Uppersouth
"TRF" Member

Watch: SWISS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnaker226 View Post
Moderators-please delete if this is not allowed or there's a duplicate discussion. New member here.

A few months ago, I expressed interest at my local AD in purchasing a Stainless Submariner (black bezel, black dial, no date). I currently own an older reference that was handed down, so this will be my first Rolex purchase from an AD and I am mainly curious to see if anyone has any experience in dealing with Reeds, what the typical wait time is for the 124060, and what the purchase experience typically entails should one be allocated to me.

I have no major purchase history with the dealer other than an Omega SMP Diver 300 about 10 years ago and some other misc. items. During the visit, the staff was fantastic and welcoming, and I basically got the rundown as far as how the market has been over the past few years.

You’ll need to keep going in and reminding them. Be top of mind without being annoying. It’s a balancing act.
-ROBERT FROST
Uppersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 03:29 PM   #4
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppersouth View Post
You’ll need to keep going in and reminding them. Be top of mind without being annoying. It’s a balancing act.

Stop by monthl, just to check in, try on exhibition pieces. Above all, be warm and friendly, talk about other things. Befriend your SA, if you will. It really does work, despite the naysayers. If you need jewelry, for someone, buy it there. Do whatever you think will make them want to sell you a watch. Good luck!

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 12:07 AM   #5
Schn3ll
"TRF" Member

I have experience with Reeds in Greenville.

I stop in frequently, and am very friendly with the staff and have even had some other jewelry purchases. I gave the SA a few Rolexes I wanted to buy and so far it’s been about 2 years and not one call.

I went to another Rolex AD and first visit got a DJ41 fluted jubilee

I just don’t get it. Open the vault for me Reeds! I live 1 mile away and will be back as much as I can to continue to buy. At this point I’m looking for a RO.
Schn3ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 05:03 AM   #6
spinnaker226
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Stop by monthl, just to check in, try on exhibition pieces. Above all, be warm and friendly, talk about other things. Befriend your SA, if you will. It really does work, despite the naysayers. If you need jewelry, for someone, buy it there. Do whatever you think will make them want to sell you a watch. Good luck!

Kat

I'll make it a plan. Thank you!
Old 8 April 2024, 06:14 AM   #7
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Did they tell you they will get the watch for you with a timeframe? Just acknowledging one's interest may not mean much to a lot of ADs.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 06:23 AM   #8
OldLume
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Kat

100%. Be genuine if you are genuinely interested. Don’t kid yourself, they know the difference between real interest and flex piece shoppers.
OldLume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 06:52 AM   #9
themacman
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Kat

Best advice.

Just keep towards the front of their minds.
themacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 06:53 AM   #10
themacman
"TRF" Member

I think ADs like shoppers that will be regulars. If you give them the impression that you are a one and done buyer, that sub may go to the man/lady who wants to buy for their wife or family.
themacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 10:23 AM   #11
thatswhatshesaid
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I live not far from there and it's a tough area because that is the only AD in the area and there is a ton of money on the coast. Best of luck to you though.
thatswhatshesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 10:37 AM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Welcome to the forum and best of luck
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 11:42 AM   #13
spinnaker226
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
I live not far from there and it's a tough area because that is the only AD in the area and there is a ton of money on the coast. Best of luck to you though.
Yeah, it doesn’t help that we have Landfall neighborhood, Wrightsville Beach, and figure 8 island all within 15 mins of the store lol. No judgement to them whatsoever, but the people that live in those areas have mountains of disposable income. Last time I was in the store, there were a handful of people looking to buy or be waitlisted for multiple high end pieces at one time, and there I was just wanting a no date sub
Old 8 April 2024, 11:57 AM   #14
Patekfinder
Banned

Reeds Jewelers-Wilmington, NC

Doesn’t help you have 90,000 Marines about 45 minutes north and half of them want a Rolex to commemorate something.

Yeah, get on the list at Reeds, but also don’t waste your time taking time out of the day to go check in and hang out. Just get on the lists at other ADs in NC when you travel like Raleigh and Charlotte as well.
Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 06:32 AM   #15
spinnaker226
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patekfinder View Post
Doesn’t help you have 90,000 Marines about 45 minutes north and half of them want a Rolex to commemorate something.

Yeah, get on the list at Reeds, but also don’t waste your time taking time out of the day to go check in and hang out. Just get on the lists at other ADs in NC when you travel like Raleigh and Charlotte as well.
Yeah, and all of those marines come down to Wilmington to blow their entire years salary on luxury items like watches, sports cars, clothes, etc. A year later, all of those items and vehicles end up on Facebook Marketplace.

I'm planning on stopping by Schiffman's in Winston-Salem this coming weekend, so hopefully things may pan out better.

I saw you're in Miami. How's the watch market in your area? I'm from there and just got back from visiting but didn't have time to drop by any AD's while i was out and about.
Old 9 April 2024, 07:45 AM   #16
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

OP
I finally landed s SubLV from an AD. Found out from the very pleasant sales associate that the owner of the store controls the allocation of Rolex watches. Find out at Reeds who this person is, speak with them, otherwise you are spinning your wheels.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 07:48 AM   #17
Patekfinder
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, and all of those marines come down to Wilmington to blow their entire years salary on luxury items like watches, sports cars, clothes, etc. A year later, all of those items and vehicles end up on Facebook Marketplace.

I'm planning on stopping by Schiffman's in Winston-Salem this coming weekend, so hopefully things may pan out better.

I saw you're in Miami. How's the watch market in your area? I'm from there and just got back from visiting but didn't have time to drop by any AD's while i was out and about.

I know, I was one of those Marines 20 years ago haha. Bought my first and second Rolex from Reeds. They don’t even have me in their database which was pretty annoying. The Miami ADs are brutal, I don’t even waste my time. I typically go with an AD from Illinois.
Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 08:20 AM   #18
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
Reeds is a chain so the owner may be in another state. I'm not sure how they allocate watches, whether it goes to corporate who sends it to various stores or whether each store gets its own allocations. I've seen it both ways with chains.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 09:05 AM   #19
Kiddodoc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15 and counting!
Have bought most of my Rolex watches from Reeds. Have had great experiences with them.
Kiddodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 12:10 AM   #20
NeedHelp
"TRF" Member

I have had great dealings with Reeds in Fayetteville prior to them losing Rolex. NC is a tough market. There are few AD's and many locals that are or hope to be customers. Reeds is a great store and the staff is always super friendly. I wish you the best of luck.
NeedHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 04:37 AM   #21
spinnaker226
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddodoc View Post
Have bought most of my Rolex watches from Reeds. Have had great experiences with them.
That's good to hear! fingers are crossed for a short wait time. from what ive been seeing online, the wait times for no date subs are getting a little bit shorter nowadays