The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 April 2024, 12:11 PM   #1
Farsh14
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Green Sub
Tudor Revisitation

I'm pretty sick of waiting for Rolexes and have been seeing a lot of buzz from some watch guys that Tudor is now considered "cooler" than Rolex. Here in mid 2024, where are people at with Tudor? May any owners please post some wrist shots of for example the Black Bay or the Pelogas?

Sorry if this thread already exists I just don't have good search skills on this forum. But I hope I can bring some Tudor enthusiasm on this thread for the sake of it!
Farsh14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 12:18 PM   #2
dubins930
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

You can actually buy them. Take a look at the latest releases from both brands and you’ll see where the buzz is coming from.
dubins930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 12:25 PM   #3
capybara
"TRF" Member

I own a sub and now I'm getting tempting by the BB54
capybara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 12:25 PM   #4
Farsh14
"TRF" Member

Yeah good call. Theres one accross the street from me I'll just stop being shy and try all of them on lol
Old 23 April 2024, 12:34 PM   #5
S’portEye
"TRF" Member

Picked up a Pelagos 39 several months back. Great tool watch and gets more wrist time than my 124060.
S’portEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 12:39 PM   #6
Farsh14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S’portEye View Post
Picked up a Pelagos 39 several months back. Great tool watch and gets more wrist time than my 124060.
Yeah! I actually had first on my list to try the Blue one. It would complement my Sub LVc nicely (bright blue and bright green) along with some black dials I already own.

Would love to see some wrist shots of these among others :)
Old 23 April 2024, 12:42 PM   #7
herefortheattachment
"TRF" Member

Love their watches and new releases, but can’t get over the fact their movements are disposed of and replaced at service. I understand why some people are unbothered by that, but to me, it’s unromantic and utilitarian and the antithesis of what draws me to mechanical watches in 2024.

When researching this about Tudor, however, I’ve learned OMEGA and Cartier both do the same practice sometimes- but at least I have the option to take my OMEGA to an OMEGA certified watchmaker with a parts account and get it serviced. https://www.rolexforums.com/member.php?u=20904
herefortheattachment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 12:51 PM   #8
Watchsprings
"TRF" Member

I enjoy my Tudors and they are a nice change of pace from my Rolex pieces.
Pelagos 39
Black Bay Pro
Black Bay Chrono
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4521.jpeg (190.0 KB, 788 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_1552.jpeg (103.8 KB, 785 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2284.jpeg (159.5 KB, 787 views)
Watchsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 12:59 PM   #9
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
I don’t give a shizzle about what “some watch guys” say about what’s cool, I buy what I like because I want it, it’s an emotional choice not a logical choice. Having said that I own two Tudors of the ETA variety that I purchased before the “buzz.”
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 01:04 PM   #10
Farsh14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
I don’t give a shizzle about what “some watch guys” say about what’s cool, I buy what I like because I want it, it’s an emotional choice not a logical choice. Having said that I own two Tudors of the ETA variety that I purchased before the “buzz.”
I see where you're coming from. BUT, it's hard to track every single interest of mine in life. So sometimes I see a buzz I draw my attention to it just to see if I need to revisit it. It's a great life hack because brands change every what 5 years or so and you gotta give each one a shot.

For example, a lot of car manufacturers will lose me for a few years but if I start to see more and more of that brand and the look is cool to me, I want to learn more to see what's changed!
Old 23 April 2024, 02:08 PM   #11
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
The new Tudor’s look ok but for me the older ones are way better
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 03:28 PM   #12
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsh14 View Post
I see where you're coming from. BUT, it's hard to track every single interest of mine in life. So sometimes I see a buzz I draw my attention to it just to see if I need to revisit it. It's a great life hack because brands change every what 5 years or so and you gotta give each one a shot.

For example, a lot of car manufacturers will lose me for a few years but if I start to see more and more of that brand and the look is cool to me, I want to learn more to see what's changed!
It sounds like a lot of work to track your interests and hack your life. I just follow mine around and do what they tell me to. And it’s the buzz that usually tells me what to avoid.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 03:37 PM   #13
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post

I like vintage Tudor Rose pieces, and a few newer vintage look Tudors.
Some of their new watches are just too blocky. I am intrigued by their new GMT release. I have not heard any buzz. These are just my thoughts from seeing pics and Watching video reviews. I love my BB58, and would get the 54, if I didn’t already have the 58.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 04:03 PM   #14
richardlo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Having owned Rolex it was nice when you could go into a AD or boutique and walk out with one.
Thats whats still great about Tudor you can walk in and for the most part any of the models you want to buy are available for purchase. I have yet to run into a situation where you can see one but told its being held for someone else or there is a wait time for a BB or Pelagos. The design of a Tudor might be different but I dont feel you are not getting a lesser quality watch.
richardlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 06:35 PM   #15
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I don't care what's cool, I just like what I like.

I particularly like this one.

The finish and build quality are excellent at the price point. Availability was a nice bonus. I wasn't remotely interested when there was a waiting list and buyers were obliged to collect in person. As soon as it went on the website for immediate purchase and courier delivery I bought it.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 06:56 PM   #16
Tylerlsu2008
"TRF" Member

Quote:
been seeing a lot of buzz from some watch guys that Tudor is now considered "cooler" than Rolex.
Tylerlsu2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 08:04 PM   #17
Bazil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nicknames �
The World has changed and to some it matters what’s ‘cool’, same as how people live their whole life out on social media instead of ‘living A life’
I suppose as an elder statesman I’ve noticed such a huge change in my life looking back to the 70’s, 80’s .. I like Tudor, I like what they do, I would like the new pink dial but need to see if the flesh first ..
Like you say, you do have to wait for Rolex unless you go grey .. fact of life I suppose, I’ve been fortunate in two from my AD in a space of a year between the two …
But I’d endorse other brands maybe before Tudor like omega or even Zenith, El Primero my list piece ..

Some people cause happiness wherever they go ; and others whenever they go ..
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 09:30 PM   #18
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Wrist shots you say???
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26th copy.JPG (273.7 KB, 605 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9381 copy.jpg (277.2 KB, 604 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9225.jpg (272.7 KB, 603 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 09:40 PM   #19
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I really enjoy my Tudor watches and I have about a dozen or so. They were not as expensive. Fit and wear is great and most, if not all, are strap monsters. I am a huge Rolex fan also and if Tudor had been on the scene the way they are now I might not have gone so deep with Rolex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191013_103828 (002).jpg (196.4 KB, 597 views)
File Type: jpg 20191013_104158 (002).jpg (245.2 KB, 593 views)
File Type: jpg 20191126_083350 (002).jpg (222.5 KB, 582 views)
File Type: jpg 20230915_114015 (002).jpg (78.8 KB, 593 views)
File Type: jpg 20230401_140141 (002).jpg (54.8 KB, 593 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 09:43 PM   #20
TBS
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 & Pelagos42
Tudor was getting all my wrist time with my pepsi BBGMT and my Pelagos M25600TN until I got my SD43. Now they all three have a week each.
TBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 09:44 PM   #21
slide13
"TRF" Member

Tudor is great, they’re making some fantastic watches for the money right now. No, they aren’t of the same level of fit, finish, and refinement as Rolex…but they get fairly close for a fraction of the price. I think they present a better value proposition than many other watch brands.

I currently own a Sub Date 126610, Tudor Blakc Bay 58 blue, and a recently acquired Tudor FXD black. Lately my wrist time has been split beteeen the Sub and the FXD.

I love that Tudor does things Rolex wouldn’t do, like the FXD. It’s the closest I’m ever going to get to my dream watch, a MilSub, and it’s a pretty great alternative really. Love the fixed bar design and light weight of the Ti, fantastic combo that wears effortlessly on a nato.
slide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 10:18 PM   #22
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
...a lot of buzz from some watch guys that Tudor is now considered "cooler" than Rolex.
Awesome, and you know you really want to be a Kool Kid to ensure you're part of the buzz. Hurry up, you're missing it!

Ceramic_Black_Strap.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 10:34 PM   #23
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Love Tudor. Tough as nails, not to be babied. Enjoy!

20230127_072111(0).jpg
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 12:05 AM   #24
Jagamov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex:2 Tudor: 3
Just got the Tudor NATO for my BB58.

Got the Pelagos 39 a few weeks ago. Impulse buy after trying it on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bb581.jpg (103.8 KB, 527 views)
File Type: jpg pel.jpg (81.8 KB, 524 views)
Jagamov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 12:10 AM   #25
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

Whenever they get around to releasing the Pelagos 39 in blue it will be right there toward the top of my wishlist.
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 12:13 AM   #26
Farsh14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
The World has changed and to some it matters what’s ‘cool’, same as how people live their whole life out on social media instead of ‘living A life’
I suppose as an elder statesman I’ve noticed such a huge change in my life looking back to the 70’s, 80’s .. I like Tudor, I like what they do, I would like the new pink dial but need to see if the flesh first ..
Like you say, you do have to wait for Rolex unless you go grey .. fact of life I suppose, I’ve been fortunate in two from my AD in a space of a year between the two …
But I’d endorse other brands maybe before Tudor like omega or even Zenith, El Primero my list piece ..
Yeahhh but you're missing the point here. In my experience, it's always going to be beneficial to tap into what is trending out of curiosity. It doesn't mean you run to a watch store or wherever and buy something, rather, remaining curious on things and gain knowledge and new perspectives.
Old 24 April 2024, 12:40 AM   #27
ppierce
"TRF" Member

Just got a sub no date after a year. Now i feel like i can begin a collection with other brands like Tudor and Omega. Just wanted to start it off with a Rolex for whatever reason.
ppierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 02:17 AM   #28
dukie748
"TRF" Member

I find myself getting more excited for new Tudor releases than I do new Rolex releases - I like what they are doing, their watches are accessible, they're a little more 'tooly' and the prices are reasonable.

I would imagine Tudor have greatly benefited from the scarcity of Rolex allocations.
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 02:25 AM   #29
Lightsped
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, OP41, DJ x 4
While in Milan, walked into the Tudor AD and walked out with this Ranger. Couldn't be happier. The quality of this watch feels equal to the various Rolex watches in the collection. An additional Tudor will probably appear in the collection before too long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240224_170040.jpg (199.0 KB, 440 views)
Lightsped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 02:44 AM   #30
WatchTimes

Watch: It's a Rolex!
If you like Tudor more, but it...
Not for me.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is online now   Reply With Quote