The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 June 2008, 01:58 AM   #1
ZROLEX

Regulation Question NYC Rolex

Hi guys!
I have a question for those who regulated their watches in NYC Rolex Service. I'm thinking to regulate my GMTIIC as it loses -4 secs in 24Hrs. It doesn't bother me that much but I believe it should be more precise and I heard a lot form different members that there's GMT's are spot on for a weeks.
I was wondering how this process works? Can I just show up there and ask them to regulate the watch or I need to make an appointment? I really don't want to send it there so I was hoping I can just stop by next time i'm in NYC. Also another question is that even though my GMT is still within cosc would they do the job? I know it's under warranty but it's within cosc (-4) and that considers normal. Would they refuse re-regulation or charge for it?
Thank you very much for the answers in advance. Really would love to hear your experience with the service.
ZROLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2008, 03:13 AM   #2
mike
"TRF" Member

I'm sure they would give it a tweak. Should be able to walk in and pick it up later that day.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2008, 04:12 AM   #3
jimroe
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 571211A-001
I stopped by BHRSC with my GMT IIc last January - it was losing 3.5 seconds a day - and had them regulate it. They (or rather the girl at the front desk) gave me a small lecture about how good this really was and that it is a mechanical watch after all, but ended up putting it on the machine and touched it up. The whole process took about 20 minutes.

The results are outstanding and I couldn't be happier.
Old 9 June 2008, 04:20 AM   #4
Marrk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
That girl at that front desk at RSC B.H. is the worst thing that has ever happened to Rolex. Every time I go in there, she wants to argue about what I want done to my watches. I wish they would fire her.

I live in L.A., but from now on, all of my watches go to N.Y. for service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimroe View Post
I stopped by BHRSC with my GMT IIc last January - it was losing 3.5 seconds a day - and had them regulate it. They (or rather the girl at the front desk) gave me a small lecture about how good this really was and that it is a mechanical watch after all, but ended up putting it on the machine and touched it up. The whole process took about 20 minutes.

The results are outstanding and I couldn't be happier.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2008, 07:58 AM   #5
ZROLEX

thanks for your answers! i will give it a try when in ny. hope it's gonna be ok.
Old 9 June 2008, 08:19 AM   #6
ZROLEX

i have one more question. since they will need to open the case and remove the bracelet to regulate the watch, then assemble everything is there a possibility they can mess up anything? like scratch the lugs while removing the bracelet? i think rolex service will do the best they can but does anyone has other experiences with it? any inputs will be highly appreciated!
Old 9 June 2008, 06:05 PM   #7
BiG JeEzY
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT I/EXP II/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrk View Post
That girl at that front desk at RSC B.H. is the worst thing that has ever happened to Rolex. Every time I go in there, she wants to argue about what I want done to my watches. I wish they would fire her.

I live in L.A., but from now on, all of my watches go to N.Y. for service.
You should try the "independent" RSC here too in San Francisco Mark. They will even work on vintage timepieces no questions asked. When my watches will be due for service, I plan to just send it to them in person.
-Vintage Longines Automatic La Grande Classique
-Vintage Seiko 6138 Automatic Chronograph with "Kakume" Dial
BiG JeEzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2008, 09:17 PM   #8
Fordex
"TRF" Member

I walked my 168000 into NYC RSC last Tuesday for a new bezel. $51 and about 20 minutes later I was out the door. They gave me a new polishing cloth as well. (OK I asked for one) There was a man in there having a lengthy conversation about his watch needing to be regulated and he was being somewhat obnoxious to the lady behind the desk. She notified him that she had been there 20 years and would take great care to make sure that everything would be done to correct the situation. She was very professional and a tribute to customer service.
Fordex is offline   Reply With Quote