The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 March 2024, 04:49 AM   #1
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

strange post
rolesor2022 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 07:23 AM   #2
sammyboi
"TRF" Member

Best of luck in both your recovery and Daytona journey!
sammyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 07:40 AM   #3
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Excellent work staying on top of your own health. Doctors will blow off people all the time. You have to stay engaged in your own outcome.

As for the infatuation with the Daytona, have you seen one in person? Put one on your wrist and looked at it? If not, you may not even like it. If you haven't seen it, go to a reseller like DavidSW and try one on. There are some others in FL as well.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 07:42 AM   #4
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Good luck, I wish you all the best.

I dont really know how to respond to the question other than to try and think what I would do in your shoes. If I really wanted something so bad, I would just speak to my AD. There are some watches I want that I currently dont own but if I had such news, I think I would be at peace with not ever owning them, I'd try to ask once and just let it be.

I would probably focus primarily on experiences. I say this because my brother in law was diagnosed with liver cancer 16 months ago and he has travelled so much and packed in almost a lifetimes worth of experiences in that time. Thankfully his latest markers are trending in the right direction despite a slight relapse between the conclusion of his last treatment and November. He started a new chemo program which is showing some gains.

As I say, I wish you well.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 03:48 PM   #5
Tbird
"TRF" Member

Terrible news, I hope you stay strong. There was another man this week on the forum with the same disease. I hope you can relate somewhat. Also hope that a watch can help you through tough times a bit.
Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 04:54 PM   #6
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

The easier route would probably be to take a bank loan. If you have 15k cash, I don't see why a bank wouldn't lend you the last ~10 to go grey.
VonSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 05:07 PM   #7
Cracker123A
"TRF" Member

Stay strong and wish you all the best.
Cracker123A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 11:13 PM   #8
Eagles
"TRF" Member

As a man of around the same age gives me some food for thought in regards to getting properly checked out. Seems rather silly to be scared of a colonoscopy given the consequences of avoiding it.

And I would agree with several other posters with being honest with an AD about your diagnosis. If anyone deserves to be at the front of a queue for a Daytona it's you! And I'd hate to think a sales associate wouldn't be respectful of that too.

In the meantime keep on moving forward with your recovery, no doubt you'll beat this thing!
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 01:00 AM   #9
watchnlaw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
As a man of around the same age gives me some food for thought in regards to getting properly checked out. Seems rather silly to be scared of a colonoscopy given the consequences of avoiding it.

And I would agree with several other posters with being honest with an AD about your diagnosis. If anyone deserves to be at the front of a queue for a Daytona it's you! And I'd hate to think a sales associate wouldn't be respectful of that too.

In the meantime keep on moving forward with your recovery, no doubt you'll beat this thing!
I couldn't agree more. If I had one done at 30 I'd be in a completely different situation right now. It's annoying you have to fast for a day, but once it's done colon cancer is so slow growing you'll be covered for the next 7+ years. Seems like a no brainer to me which is why I keep recommending to everyone I run into to get one done.

I did reach out to my local AD and sales associate I have a relationship with. The SA told me he'd see what he can do but couldn't make any promises he could source one. I told him I'd be over the moon with either color, I kind of like the idea of leaving it up to fate. We know eachother pretty well at this point so I'm sure he'll go to bat for me. Fingers crossed but if it doesn't happen it's ok too.

Colton
watchnlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 01:05 AM   #10
jedione65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post

Some people, my mother included are somehow scared of getting a bowel prep.
It's necessary and everyone should get screened at 45 or earlier if you have symptoms or a genetic predisposition/risk.

I'm sorry but I don't think many sales associates would really empathize with that situation. They rarely even know much about the watches they sell.
jedione65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 01:00 AM   #11
jedione65
"TRF" Member

I see this all the time in my practice, young people with advanced colon cancer, since I work in surgical oncology. However even advanced metastatic colon cancer can be very treatable these days, depending on the situation. It is a difficult journey but don't give up. You need an aggressive medical team at a well established cancer center however.

With respect to the watches, I somehow understand your predicament, but should not a priority right now, especially since you have a family and children. I was also recently burglarized and both mine and my wife's watch collections stolen so we are both heartbroken but trying to move on and rebuild.
jedione65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 02:41 AM   #12
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C Date, Pepsi
Stay strong Colton, I wish you and the family nothing but the best as you take on this fight head on. Fingers crossed that the right AD / grey dealer catches word of your story and is able to help out!
REQUIEMnJADED4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2024, 10:52 AM   #13
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Colton, any updates? Any luck sourcing a recent model SS Daytona at MSRP?

Know lots of folks were pulling for you. Personally I think the trusted seller angle was a good option.

Would like to hear a happy ending to your quest.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2024, 12:26 PM   #14
kane818
"TRF" Member

unfortunately i cannot help but wishing you the best with your recovery
kane818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2024, 03:33 PM   #15
James84
"TRF" Member

John 11:25

Prayers for a speedy recovery
James84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2024, 06:11 PM   #16
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Good luck with everything and your recovery. Does it have to be an SS Daytona or could it be ok to get a two tone one. I am sure that would be easier to buy and cheaper going grey.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2024, 07:05 PM   #17
Flying Doctor
"TRF" Member

Good luck and take care.
Somehow I do think and AD somewhere will try to help you out with this one but like others, I don't have any influence to help.
FD.
Flying Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2024, 08:16 PM   #18
Dhiren
"TRF" Member

Wishing you a speedy recovery and will keep you in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dhiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2024, 08:22 PM   #19
ROLEX MAN
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: you? "YES PLEASE"!
Stuff the watch!

Look after yourself and your Familiy!

it's not just about telling the time...

happy rolexing...

I'm just a man with a passion
ROLEX MAN is offline   Reply With Quote