The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 December 2021, 02:12 AM   #1
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
Wife got the text…just not the one I wanted

A couple of months ago, my wife contacted our AD about a Tudor GMT on the brown leather strap. They didn’t have one at the time, my wife tried to buy it from Watchmaxx but they couldn’t get it to her by my birthday so it didn’t happen.

My wife also called about the watch I really want: BB Chrono, panda dial, on bracelet.

This weekend, the AD texted her saying my Tudor came in. She got all excited only to find out it was for a GMT on leather. I really like that watch, and may pick one up someday, but my heart is set on the Chrono.

So, my wife declined and the AD said she’d let us know when an unallocated Chrono comes in.

Bummer, but I must say, I have a great wife!
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 02:31 AM   #2
HJZS2K
"TRF" Member

I honestly didn't think there was still a wait. It's so inconsistent everywhere, but yes you have an awesome wife!
HJZS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 02:49 AM   #3
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJZS2K View Post
I honestly didn't think there was still a wait. It's so inconsistent everywhere, but yes you have an awesome wife!
Perhaps some ADs don’t have a wait but we didn’t have any luck and grey prices for my desired configuration are still 20-25% above retail.

I also don’t have a ton of spending history so I doubt I’m terribly high on the priority list.

I’ll just keep being patient.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 03:53 AM   #4
SaintMickey
Banned

There is no wait on any Tudor that I know of. Although AD's are holding BB58 and Chrono in back many times...they just haven't realized.
SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 03:58 AM   #5
sp5702
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJZS2K View Post

The new chronos still aren’t really hitting the cases, but they’re trading at little to no premium between grey dealers. So I think you’ll see them start to hit the cases soon.
sp5702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 04:09 AM   #6
Potawatomi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMickey View Post
There is no wait on any Tudor that I know of. Although AD's are holding BB58 and Chrono in back many times...they just haven't realized.
I have my name at 2 ADs for the chrono. Both ADs I have spend history with. One of those ADs I have spent close to 40k USD and have purchased a fair share of jewelry in that spend. They cant get me a chrono.
Potawatomi is offline   Reply With Quote