The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 March 2009, 07:33 AM   #31
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
Hey Mosco, My guys are coming up to Cleveland Tuesday.
are they going to catch a game?

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2009, 07:54 AM   #32
GinGinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirt1957 View Post
Don't get exicted about the NBA until June. March Madness is a lot more fun.

+10000000000...................................

Jeannie, who always goes MAD in March
GinGinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2009, 10:33 AM   #33
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date
Need NJ to lose tonight, then NY vs NJ Wed at MSG, maybe no Devin Harris, hopefully Duhon back, LET'S GO KNICKS!!! PLEASE DAMMIT!!! Get swept by Clev in the 1st, that's fine, just make the playoffs!!
tszyu#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2009, 10:35 AM   #34
chenx15
"TRF" Member

i was a huge NBA fan but sadly the NBA died when Michael Jordan left the game the second time
17/18 of the last GS finals, 237 consecutive weeks #1
5 consecutive wimbledon + 1 = 6 cups
5 consecutive US open
4 Australian open
1 Sweet french open
a crown for every achievement
The Greatest Of All Time loves Rolex
chenx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2009, 10:49 AM   #35
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
i was a huge NBA fan but sadly the NBA died when Michael Jordan left the game the second time
Ehhhh....I see your point, but when Magic and Bird were done, you could've said the same....love him or hate him, Kobe is as close to MJ, though that could be considered sacrilege...MJ is the greatest ever, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, the future of the NBA is far from dead...especially since NY freed up enough salary room to get maybe Lebron, Bosh, Amare, Wade in 2010...would be nice to get all of them..
Old 17 March 2009, 10:54 AM   #36
chenx15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tszyu#1 View Post
Ehhhh....I see your point, but when Magic and Bird were done, you could've said the same....love him or hate him, Kobe is as close to MJ, though that could be considered sacrilege...MJ is the greatest ever, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, the future of the NBA is far from dead...especially since NY freed up enough salary room to get maybe Lebron, Bosh, Amare, Wade in 2010...would be nice to get all of them..
that was the legendary golden age. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Horace grant, karl malone, charles barkley, scottie pippen
17/18 of the last GS finals, 237 consecutive weeks #1
5 consecutive wimbledon + 1 = 6 cups
5 consecutive US open
4 Australian open
1 Sweet french open
a crown for every achievement
The Greatest Of All Time loves Rolex
chenx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2009, 11:02 AM   #37
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
that was the legendary golden age. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Horace grant, karl malone, charles barkley, scottie pippen
Indeed it was...especially the Dream Team of 1992...although Grant in that list looks a LITTLE out of place put Stockton in there Drexler, Isiah Thomas (WORST coach ever, living legend on the court) and maybe Chris Mullin
Old 17 March 2009, 11:05 AM   #38
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
I went to see MJ play on his last visit to Orlando when he was with the Wizards. It was interesting to see that he sat on the end of the bench by himself, didn't talk to his team mates at all and went in and out as he saw fit.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2009, 11:06 AM   #39
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Need NJ to lose tonight, then NY vs NJ Wed at MSG, maybe no Devin Harris, hopefully Duhon back, LET'S GO KNICKS!!! PLEASE DAMMIT!!! Get swept by Clev in the 1st, that's fine, just make the playoffs!!
Man - I would hate to be a Knicks fan... Love NY, hate the Knicks, with the exception of Nate R. I mean, can they PLEASE give the fans something to be excited about!

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 17 March 2009, 11:10 AM   #40
vegaseddie
"TRF" Member

Big NBA fan here. Have the NBA package and watch and bet lots of games. D-Wade is have an awesome year, started with the Olympics. Last couple of seasons were tough on him with knee and shoulder issues. I think LeBron is MVP with wade a close 2nd. Lakers & Cavs in the finals. 7 games. Lakers win.

16030A, 16013, 116520
vegaseddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2009, 11:11 AM   #41
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Man - I would hate to be a Knicks fan... Love NY, hate the Knicks, with the exception of Nate R. I mean, can they PLEASE give the fans something to be excited about!
....it hasn't been easy!! Ever since James Dolan and co. started ruining the team, bringing in Thomas as President, then Coach, all the scandals, Marburygate...we traded our 2 highest scorers-Crawford and Zach Randolph, and we're still in the hunt for a playoff spot, but it's nice to have D'antoni, and trading them to free up salary cap hurt, but was the right move...we MUST get James, Amare, Wade, Bosh, somebody who can lead the team..David Lee is #1 or 2 with double doubles, but to put the load on little Nate is asking alot....we will get through this!
Old 17 March 2009, 11:14 AM   #42
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaseddie View Post
Big NBA fan here. Have the NBA package and watch and bet lots of games. D-Wade is have an awesome year, started with the Olympics. Last couple of seasons were tough on him with knee and shoulder issues. I think LeBron is MVP with wade a close 2nd. Lakers & Cavs in the finals. 7 games. Lakers win.
Now that would be AWESOME!!!! Screw Boston, hate the Celts, but glad KG finally got his ring...I gotta give the edge to LA as well if it came down to those two in the finals.
Old 17 March 2009, 11:25 AM   #43
vegaseddie
"TRF" Member

It will be interesting. I think Boston will probably lose in the 2nd round. Orlando looks good and may overtake Celtics, but I'm not a fan of the Magics guards. If Cavs just play well in the playoffs I think they will go to the finals. Lakers will have to watch out for Spurs and the hot Jazz, but I think the Lakers have the best talent in the west and sould make the finals. Heat, Hawks, Rockets, Hornets may make a run and win a series or maybe 2 but thats it. Nuggets, Pistons, Bulls, Suns, Mavs, Blazers, are all 1 and done if they make the playoffs.

16030A, 16013, 116520
Old 17 March 2009, 11:37 AM   #44
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now that would be AWESOME!!!! Screw Boston, hate the Celts, but glad KG finally got his ring...I gotta give the edge to LA as well if it came down to those two in the finals.
I never liked the Celts until KG got traded there. I always liked Pierce, think he is an incredible player, always liked Jesus Shuttlesworth - I mean Ray Allen and Rondo was my boy in Kentucky. Plus Posey - liked him since Miami, sucks he got traded

But Cavs are who I am pulling for this year.. Probably won't make it past 2nd round, but I like the whole squad except for West - what a thug...

Old 17 March 2009, 11:37 AM   #45
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It will be interesting. I think Boston will probably lose in the 2nd round. Orlando looks good and may overtake Celtics, but I'm not a fan of the Magics guards. If Cavs just play well in the playoffs I think they will go to the finals. Lakers will have to watch out for Spurs and the hot Jazz, but I think the Lakers have the best talent in the west and sould make the finals. Heat, Hawks, Rockets, Hornets may make a run and win a series or maybe 2 but thats it. Nuggets, Pistons, Bulls, Suns, Mavs, Blazers, are all 1 and done if they make the playoffs.
Well Jameer..is he still out? I always like Rafer and think he meshes well with Orlando's offense....Suns?? Talk about ruining a team...they were always good for 2nd, 3rd rd, now they're fighting for 8th spot? Trading Marion.. Diaw and Bell for J Richardson????...Suns will be lucky to make it in! Ginobli is still out? Roger Mason is great...I really haven't been paying close attention around the league except to MY KNICKS!!!
Old 17 March 2009, 11:40 AM   #46
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I never liked the Celts until KG got traded there. I always liked Pierce, think he is an incredible player, always liked Jesus Shuttlesworth - I mean Ray Allen and Rondo was my boy in Kentucky. Plus Posey - liked him since Miami, sucks he got traded

But Cavs are who I am pulling for this year.. Probably won't make it past 2nd round, but I like the whole squad except for West - what a thug...
Agreed on most, Boston was high not to resign Posey...except I like Delonte...on Fight Night for xbox, I used to create as funny looking characters as possible, and one came out looking like West! With the fro, not the cornrows...surprised you don't think Cavs will make it that far...interesting..
Old 17 March 2009, 11:46 AM   #47
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agreed on most, Boston was high not to resign Posey...except I like Delonte...on Fight Night for xbox, I used to create as funny looking characters as possible, and one came out looking like West! With the fro, not the cornrows...surprised you don't think Cavs will make it that far...interesting..
BTW - Keep your paws off LeBron, he's ours!

Old 17 March 2009, 11:56 AM   #48
vegaseddie
"TRF" Member

As for LeBron here are my thoughts. If my team is close and I need a player for the next 2 or 3 years to compete for titles then I think Kobe is the man. He is clutch! If I need a a player for the next 12 years it's LeBron hands down. He's almost as good as Kobe now but not quite. When LeBron becomes a better free throw shooter late in games and when he hits more meaningful shots at the end of games then he will be "the man". It's coming, but he is not there yet. Kobe has a better supporting cast now. It's amazing what LeBron does with that roster. He is like Michael early to mid career. Put an all star and a boarderline all star around LeBron and look out. He is so much better this year than the past. I think he is figuring things out on how to win. Cavs make finals. Goes 7 games.

16030A, 16013, 116520
Old 17 March 2009, 12:05 PM   #49
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
BTW - Keep your paws off LeBron, he's ours!
You can have...Jefferies, Q Richardson, Harrington, Gallinari, Hughes(he did well in Cleveland, albeit inconsistent), Wilcox, Duhon, Chandler and Curry...I want to keep Lee and Nate...9 for 1 trade is fair...James, Nate and Lee, we'll play with 3 on the floor! Wait, throw in Z please, we need a center
Old 17 March 2009, 12:09 PM   #50
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As for LeBron here are my thoughts. If my team is close and I need a player for the next 2 or 3 years to compete for titles then I think Kobe is the man. He is clutch! If I need a a player for the next 12 years it's LeBron hands down. He's almost as good as Kobe now but not quite. When LeBron becomes a better free throw shooter late in games and when he hits more meaningful shots at the end of games then he will be "the man". It's coming, but he is not there yet. Kobe has a better supporting cast now. It's amazing what LeBron does with that roster. He is like Michael early to mid career. Put an all star and a boarderline all star around LeBron and look out. He is so much better this year than the past. I think he is figuring things out on how to win. Cavs make finals. Goes 7 games.
LA definitely has the better overall team, but Mo Williams might be one of the most underrated players along with Tayshaun Prince, Wally can shoot, Sasha can shoot, West can shoot, and even big Z can shoot the ball...then you have the wildman who hustles his ass off for off. rbds, Cleveland has a decent squad, not as deep as LA, but enough to go all the way. Man, I'd like to see an LA/Cleveland final, and would LOVE to see the Cavs take it all
Old 17 March 2009, 12:15 PM   #51
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You can have...Jefferies, Q Richardson, Harrington, Gallinari, Hughes(he did well in Cleveland, albeit inconsistent), Wilcox, Duhon, Chandler and Curry...I want to keep Lee and Nate...9 for 1 trade is fair...James, Nate and Lee, we'll play with 3 on the floor! Wait, throw in Z please, we need a center
Now you're killing me! Z and LeBron? No way. Sorry!

Old 17 March 2009, 10:21 PM   #52
Mosco
"TRF" Member

WOO HOOO! Oklahoma beat the Spurs! What an effort by Durant - I think he's great, wish he had a better supporting cast...

Old 17 March 2009, 11:39 PM   #53
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Durant is a monster already and he's what 20? NJ lost last nite, we gotta beat NJ tomorrow and we'll win it all.... :)
Old 17 March 2009, 11:47 PM   #54
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Durant is a monster already and he's what 20? NJ lost last nite, we gotta beat NJ tomorrow and we'll win it all.... :)
'Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree...."

Old 18 March 2009, 12:06 AM   #55
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
'Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree...."
stop it, I detect sarcasm....:chu ckle:

Remember we were 8th and beat #1 Miami in 90 something...it's blurry with the Bulls Pacers Heat rivalry all through the 90's...yes the team was 5000x better, but you never know....
Old 18 March 2009, 01:09 AM   #56
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Steve - I hope you're right, I just think Thomas messed this team up for a few years... BTW, I am flying out to NY today - is there a home game tonight?

Old 18 March 2009, 01:37 AM   #57
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Steve - I hope you're right, I just think Thomas messed this team up for a few years... BTW, I am flying out to NY today - is there a home game tonight?
TOMORROW!!! VS NJ!!! I might be at the game, if time permits...
Old 18 March 2009, 02:25 AM   #58
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Crap - I am leaving tomorrow evening - would love to be at that game...

Old 18 March 2009, 02:45 AM   #59
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Used to have season tix 3 yrs ago, woulda loved to bring u!
Old 18 March 2009, 03:07 AM   #60
Mosco
"TRF" Member

That is very nice of you, THANK YOU!