The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 April 2024, 09:48 PM   #61
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
This 3 years of solid solid hard 24 hours a day wear. (Minus occasionally wearing others in between)

So for anyone who’s interested to see what a rolex worn without a care in the world for three years looks like it’s really not that bad :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking forward to the after polish pictures
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 06:33 AM   #62
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Show me some prove that Rolex have ruined watches with a normal routine Polish at normal service time they must service a million plus watches over a ten year service period.
I am with Peter ,I see a quote once from the Legend that is Mike Wood he sent one of his Milsubs to Rolex letting them work there Magic. I’m sure some people who claim to Polish cases have really messed some up. But surely Rolex have the correct tools and experience
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 06:57 AM   #63
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

It was in new condition and you wore it hard and scratched it up so if you have it polished you will be back to square one. Only you can decide.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 08:46 AM   #64
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
Well Padi, here is the proof you requested...

Time to top trump all this silly talk with pictures of your workhorse SD, which has spent many years under water and counting, you can even tell us the story again about when you realised the crown was open underwater when responsible for a crew of divers...
Exactly. Always repeating the same anti polish syndrome and stuff
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 08:48 AM   #65
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Picture below of my own working tool 16600 SD, I am sure this watch has seen more use and sometimes abuse than todays pampered watches will see in ten life times. Picture taken after last service it was its fourth service and polish by various RSC world wide. And having serviced many many watches over the plus 50 odd years of owning and wearing Rolex watches never ever had a bad service or bad polish from any RSC. But must admit I don't have a high powered loupe to expect every minute area of any watch I have ever owned.

Just stop always repeating the same non sense. You LOVE polishing your watches and you don’t want to admit some watches are getting destroyed by bad polished by Rolex RSC. You are providing wrong information. Just stop please
Old 28 April 2024, 06:08 PM   #66
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karleone View Post
Just stop always repeating the same non sense. You LOVE polishing your watches and you don’t want to admit some watches are getting destroyed by bad polished by Rolex RSC. You are providing wrong information. Just stop please
I am entitled to post on this subject as much as I like now if you don't not like it, simple answer do not read or reply to my posts now you have a nice day. And with many today the tiniest mark the slightest scratch there watches have been like you put destroyed. Someone shows one example of a watch supposed to be badly polished by RSC then its automatically they destroy watches if polished. I wonder how many millions of watches has the RSC polished without any problems. Life s full of risks you could get knocked down by a car crossings the road or being struck by lightning and being struck by lightning IMHO is about the same odds as any RSC destroying a watch in normal routine service polish.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 10:50 PM   #67
Gregdaytona997
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I don’t understand the anti-polish sentiment. I would get it done without hesitation, and if they do something wrong, then I am sure it will be corrected/rectified, just take good pictures before you send it if this is something that you are so concerned about.
Gregdaytona997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 02:01 AM   #68
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: GP Laureato
Quote:
Picture below of my own working tool 16600 SD, I am sure this watch has seen more use and sometimes abuse than todays pampered watches will see in ten life times. Picture taken after last service it was its fourth service and polish by various RSC world wide. And having serviced many many watches over the plus 50 odd years of owning and wearing Rolex watches never ever had a bad service or bad polish from any RSC. But must admit I don't have a high powered loupe to expect every minute area of any watch I have ever owned.

As true as the day is long! Thank you Padi
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 02:22 AM   #69
majidessa
"TRF" Member

I will polish it, RSC will do a great job especially if it has surface scratches. You had it for 8 years and if you keep it without polishing it will look way too beaten up and you might not like it, so I think it is time to freshen it up and don't worry about scratching it again
majidessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 03:03 AM   #70
topslop1
"TRF" Member

I wouldn't polish but that's me.
topslop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 03:45 AM   #71
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am entitled to post on this subject as much as I like now if you don't not like it, simple answer do not read or reply to my posts now you have a nice day. And with many today the tiniest mark the slightest scratch there watches have been like you put destroyed. Someone shows one example of a watch supposed to be badly polished by RSC then its automatically they destroy watches if polished. I wonder how many millions of watches has the RSC polished without any problems. Life s full of risks you could get knocked down by a car crossings the road or being struck by lightning and being struck by lightning IMHO is about the same odds as any RSC destroying a watch in normal routine service polish.
Read post 34
Old 29 April 2024, 04:14 AM   #72
stevestil
"TRF" Member

If I was to polish my watch I don’t think I’d feel comfortable letting RSC do it. Plenty of EXTREMELY talented individuals that can polish way better than RSC, and can also laser weld where necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevestil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 04:32 AM   #73
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
Quote:
Originally Posted by karleone View Post
Read post 34
Exactly Karleone. Can’t always trust the guy on the forum who doesn’t like to be wrong
jgottsman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 04:43 AM   #74
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Wrong damn thread, sorry.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 04:49 AM   #75
Stan Cooper
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
I'd have it polished and continue wearing it as you currently do.
This is what I'd do too.
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 10:05 PM   #76
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Interestingly enough I found this forum when I was trying to determine whether to have my (at the time) 18 year old 16613lb polished during its first servicing.
It was a daily wear and I never thought about the scratches.

Decided to have it done with the full service and it came back looking like new. No regrets. I no longer own that piece, but it put me in the camp of having any watch I send in for service being polished in the future.
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2024, 03:33 AM   #77
Besttime
2024 Pledge Member

I will have it polished and treat it like new.
Besttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2024, 04:28 AM   #78
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
If it was a gift from the Pope, I wouldn't polish it. Otherwise, I'd have it polished.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2024, 04:46 AM   #79
Fishbro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 panda
I see both sides of the coin here and don’t hold it against anyone who want to polish or not polish. It’s really a personal preference, scratches are a good thing because it means you wear it as it was intended. Personally I like the idea of passing my watches to my son if I’m ever blessed to have one and him knowing the scratches come from his fathers life and his father live a full life! in both office work days and garage projects we will do together. He will know his father lived a life that involved scratches. My Daytona panda got its first scratches at the club with my brother during a round of bottle service in NYC, I love those scratches because that night was epic and remind me I live an amazing life. My sub no date got beat up in similar fashion in a Miami pool and night club. I remember how cool it felt to have a sub in Miami and every scratch is a memory in my eyes. But to each their own. My main point is Don’t baby your toys, and remember whoever dies with the most toys wins;)
Fishbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2024, 11:23 PM   #80
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
You are a braver man than me, my brother...asking a question using the "P" word on this forum.

Kidding aside, I kind of look at it this way. If it's done by a professional as part of a routine service interval, I'm okay with it. Yeah, I fully understand there are going to be more scratches, but it's like washing your car. Yes, it's going to get dirty again, but still...

You get the point.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2024, 11:32 PM   #81
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
You are a braver man than me, my brother...asking a question using the "P" word on this forum.

Kidding aside, I kind of look at it this way. If it's done by a professional as part of a routine service interval, I'm okay with it. Yeah, I fully understand there are going to be more scratches, but it's like washing your car. Yes, it's going to get dirty again, but still...

You get the point.
Well it’s gone in for a polish now Larry so we shall see :)

I think that having it essentially completely fixed up but leaving the visible part didn’t make much sense to me :)
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 12:00 AM   #82
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
Well it’s gone in for a polish now Larry so we shall see :)

I think that having it essentially completely fixed up but leaving the visible part didn’t make much sense to me :)
Yeah, I don't get that either. But hey, different strokes.

Can't wait to see the after pics.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 12:08 AM   #83
Watch-Geek
2024 Pledge Member

A friend of mine just had his Explorer II serviced and polished at our AD

Before and after - I'm definitely on the YES, POLISH IT camp

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk
Watch-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 12:15 AM   #84
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I'd let Rolex do their thing. It's not a rare watch.

If you don't polish, I'm wondering why it's running slow. If it's not too bad (like 10 secs per day), I'd just wait for 10 years, which is the normal service interval.
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 02:22 AM   #85
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
I'd let Rolex do their thing. It's not a rare watch.

If you don't polish, I'm wondering why it's running slow. If it's not too bad (like 10 secs per day), I'd just wait for 10 years, which is the normal service interval.
God knows. Maybe something to do with the 32 movement. It’s been running slow for a while I’ve been setting it 5 mins fast

I was picking up a new watch so I decided it was time for it to go in.
Old 3 May 2024, 02:40 AM   #86
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch-Geek View Post
A friend of mine just had his Explorer II serviced and polished at our AD

Before and after - I'm definitely on the YES, POLISH IT camp

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk
Great before and after but today most Rolex watches get a very pampered life,and many report the slightest scratch as deep gouges and it's the end of the world to get it polished.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 03:06 AM   #87
colonelpurple
2024 Pledge Member

What have you got against the Polish ? I like Hungarians as well

Seriously, I wouldn't polish a watch generally. I mean you will just scratch it up again, and then you will have lost two coats for the subsequent service.
colonelpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 05:59 AM   #88
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great before and after but today most Rolex watches get a very pampered life,and many report the slightest scratch as deep gouges and it's the end of the world to get it polished.
Look mate, I started this thread because I wanted some opinions to make my own informed opinion on what I would like to do with my watch, amongst other watch enthusiasts. This is the fourth time in my thread alone, which you have interjected your negative attitude. Respectfully, if I do make a thread again I don’t need your opinion for future notice.
Old 3 May 2024, 08:00 AM   #89
4dough
"TRF" Member

pictures?. id allow RSC to polish
4dough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 08:33 AM   #90
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dough View Post
pictures?. id allow RSC to polish
Uploaded some pics on the last page I believe - although not great ones!