The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 January 2024, 07:59 AM   #31
Bmats
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

That’s insane to me. It took me around 6 to 8 months after I asked. My purchase history probably is a little more but not so very much so.

I hope you get it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 08:09 AM   #32
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyandwet View Post
If your AD ever mention "the list" again, I'd ask to see it "just so I can see where I am on this list" and watch his reaction. Then you'll know what's what.
The annoying thing is that in March of 2018 when I first asked for it, he said my position wasn't too bad since I was one of the first to contact him.
Old 29 January 2024, 08:24 AM   #33
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post

Was visiting a little more frequently at the start, but then would call or email since we moved further away and it was tough to drive an hour and a half just to show my face.

Your email is amongst all the randos, lost in the shuffle.
Unfortunately it's out of sight, out of mind mate.
Old 29 January 2024, 08:26 AM   #34
thatswhatshesaid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The annoying thing is that in March of 2018 when I first asked for it, he said my position wasn't too bad since I was one of the first to contact him.
Wow, that's brutal. Even a small AD is going to get 10/year so you've been passed over at least 60 times. I'd probably have a talk with the GM and explain your position politely. It may or may not help but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease if don correctly.
thatswhatshesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 09:11 AM   #35
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
Wow, that's brutal. Even a small AD is going to get 10/year so you've been passed over at least 60 times. I'd probably have a talk with the GM and explain your position politely. It may or may not help but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease if don correctly.

OP stated that they haven't been to the store in person in years due to living further away now, that makes a HUGE difference.
Old 29 January 2024, 09:17 AM   #36
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsdorfNDavis View Post
OP stated that they haven't been to the store in person in years due to living further away now, that makes a HUGE difference.
I think so too. So many potential buyers calling, texting, emailing. At some point the AF is going to forget who’s who.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 09:34 AM   #37
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
[QUOTE=Syed117;13127944]I think the sub date was 2 years before the blro came out. Then both DJ41s were the year before and the tudor was the same year. Haven't bought anything from them in 6 years. To be honest, I don't think they really earned more business with the constant false hope that I was in line for the gmt.

Was visiting a little more frequently at the start, but then would call or email since we moved further away and it was tough to drive an hour and a half just to show my face.

Since you moved away and now contact them by phone or email, I would think you are off any real list for this watch. (If you were ever on it). I would find a new dealer or simply save up for one on the secondary market.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 09:36 AM   #38
Patekfinder
Banned

Just realized you have been there in six years and haven’t bought anything in six years. Yeah no kidding you didn’t get anything man. Come on. Anytime I travel, even to places I used to live, it takes no effort to pop into the local AD. I’ve gotten so many watches from ADs who *think* I live locally when I live on the other side of the country but pop in every six months when I’m traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 01:17 PM   #39
painexpert
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That's one of the last things my AD told me the last time I emailed him asking about a BLRO.

The first time I asked him was the day it launched in March 2018.

This March will be 6 years. 6 years of being on a "wait list". Yes, I know wait lists aren't really a thing.

He hasn't responded to my last few emails.

Previous purchase history is a sub date, dj41, two tone dj41, black bay 58. Not a big spender by any means, but 6 years is a long time.

To be fair, I don't really care that much and only check in a few times a year, but 6 years?

Anyway, just a little random venting. Don't mind me.
6 years is absurd. Just buy gray and be done with it.

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"-Oscar Wilde

"Never Allow Someone To Be Your Priority While Allowing Yourself To Be Their Option"-Mark Twain
painexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 01:23 PM   #40
painexpert
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
I would phone AD and tell them their behaviour is down right rude and totally unacceptable , probably won't get you your watch but perhaps make you feel better
It will make you feel better for 30 seconds.

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"-Oscar Wilde

"Never Allow Someone To Be Your Priority While Allowing Yourself To Be Their Option"-Mark Twain
painexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 11:50 PM   #41
Flint
"TRF" Member

I did same over being messed about by WOS over a 36mm Explorer . Ha was a fantastic 30 seconds though !
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 12:23 AM   #42
Smokinjoe
"TRF" Member

thats the feeling I get, when I talk to ADs it they are always excited to sell you something and promise you whatever..all the mind games and thats why i gone grey too.
Smokinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 12:25 AM   #43
Smokinjoe
"TRF" Member

On a side note my friend who works in an AD in Perth said better to just pay the grey price now, save the trouble and probably cheaper too unless you really want some of the other stuff
Smokinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote