The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 May 2024, 01:27 AM   #1
Duke10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub Date
Best grey dealer in Dallas

Headed over for the weekend to take my 9 year old daughter to see Caitlin Clark and going to try and check out some watches. Any recs on best spot with inventory to try on/look at? Would love if they carry more than just Rolex as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duke10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 03:37 AM   #2
Socal Runner
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: RG Day-Date
Grand Caliber
Socal Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 03:37 AM   #3
Socal Runner
2024 Pledge Member

Ask for Victor - great guy.
Old 4 May 2024, 04:12 AM   #4
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Runner View Post
Grand Caliber
I would be hesitant given the whole Anthony fiasco.
Giovannibravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 05:24 AM   #5
Socal Runner
2024 Pledge Member

The whole Anthony fiasco was him on his own, unrelated to these guys. I've done several deals with them and have been nothing but professional. To each is their own though.
Old 4 May 2024, 05:32 AM   #6
Duke10
"TRF" Member

Thank you. Will check them out!

Old 4 May 2024, 06:51 AM   #7
LarryB
"TRF" Member

I second Grand Caliber. Bought a Sub from Vic. Great transaction.
LarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 06:56 AM   #8
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Third for Grand Caliber - Marco is a solid guy.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 07:27 AM   #9
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Best grey dealer in Dallas

Time Piece Gentleman

Well the best entertainment anyway…
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 09:46 AM   #10
DJH1977
"TRF" Member

Bachendorf's at Northwest Highway and Preston has a good selection of high quality preowned timepieces. They own the Rolex boutique, for better or worse. You could trust their selection.
DJH1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 12:18 PM   #11
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Another one for grand caliber! Marco is great to deal with!
dnd2984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 12:56 PM   #12
Nico81
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
The whole Anthony fiasco was him on his own, unrelated to these guys. I've done several deals with them and have been nothing but professional. To each is their own though.

Marco was part of the fiasco and the blackout
Dont forget TPG sold many watches to happy customers for years, until ..it happened

Nico81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 02:48 PM   #13
mikea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
Second Grand Caliber. I’ve done many transactions with Alfred, top notch

Wolvyn seems to be doing things right as well
Old 4 May 2024, 10:52 PM   #14
Txrgr1911
"TRF" Member

I’m In Dallas also, will look into these grey dealers.
Txrgr1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 12:34 AM   #15
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Interesting to see who was mentioned. More interesting was,to see what dealers were not.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 01:24 AM   #16
BigTex22
"TRF" Member

Grand Caliber prices look high, having just glanced at their website. $19k for a worn TT Root beer?

BigTex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 01:55 AM   #17
gummy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: AP PP Rolex
Grand Caliber without any hesitation.

All great dudes and if you have a vintage itch to scratch...Marco can help
gummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 06:47 AM   #18
Duke10
"TRF" Member

Successful trip. Grand Caliber was wonderful to deal with and I may be making a purchase from them. Also went to AP boutique, VC boutique, omega, tag huer, Tudor, and of course Rolex. Had very pleasant experiences at all of them. So many great time pieces. I am going to do a small write up on my experience and some pics of the pieces I tried. Thanks for the input!

Old 6 May 2024, 07:43 AM   #19
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico81 View Post
Marco was part of the fiasco and the blackout
Dont forget TPG sold many watches to happy customers for years, until ..it happened

Marco always seemed to be the brains behind the operations and a true watch enthusiast.

Something about guilty by association though that I can’t look past. I’m not sure if those videos are still on YouTube but there were a lot of cringe worthy moments that Marco was involved in.

Good to see they are legitimate now though.

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 08:54 PM   #20
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Are people already forgetting that Marco Nicolini was directly involved with a "robbery" that Anthony later admitted never happened? Not the home invasion in Los Angeles, but the earlier one back in Dallas where Marco claimed he was held up at gunpoint and $1.1m worth of watches was taken.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85E8e_4jVXA

Then after everything came crashing down on Anthony, he finally admitted in a recorded phone call that he's "too smart" to ever get robbed.

Link: https://www.businessinsider.com/fall...e-rolex-2024-2

So if Anthony was saying no robberies ever happened, then why would Marco (his partner at the time) say he was held up at gunpoint and lost $1.1m of watches? It's now looking like they had to get rid of the watches to pay off some people in their ponzi scheme and made it look like a robbery to commit insurance fraud so a portion of their debts can be "taken care of" by insurance.

Also that whole "blackout" where the entire gang, including Marco, simply disappeared. People who wired them money or consigned their watches couldn't get ahold of them. Then a week later, they showed up again claiming that it was all just a publicity stunt for social media awareness.

And let's not forget the whole "buyout" which led to the split between Marco and Anthony. Jimmy (the Grand Caliber CEO) later admitted that they had to do a lot of "clean ups" as part of the buyout terms and make whole several unpaid consignors.

And of course, all the little stuff that Jimmy later admitted to such as: watches and cash disappearing and reappearing (not always in that order) with no paper trail or explanation, unpaid taxes, unreconciled books, Victor backing out of deals, Chris (who is no longer with the company) being unprofessional on camera where the video had to be eventually taken down due to backlash, etc.

I won't provide links for all of those because there are too many and I will be typing all day and night. See the subreddit r/thetpgentleman and comments by u/jimmy-grandcaliber if you want to have a better idea of the scale of shenanigans they were a part of and how they seemed to keep messing up over and over again.

I can forgive if someone trips up once or twice. But with Grand Caliber, there were just way too many red flags which is why I will never deal with that company ever. Even if Grand Caliber is now trying to clean up their act, there are a lot of better trusted dealers out there.

For me, it's just not worth it and for all of you, I implore to at least look closer at their history before you hand over your hard-earned cash to them.
bay_area_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 09:29 PM   #21
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Thank you for this detailed information.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 03:47 AM   #22
Porkbelli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_area_kid View Post
Are people already forgetting that Marco Nicolini was directly involved with a "robbery" that Anthony later admitted never happened? Not the home invasion in Los Angeles, but the earlier one back in Dallas where Marco claimed he was held up at gunpoint and $1.1m worth of watches was taken.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85E8e_4jVXA

Then after everything came crashing down on Anthony, he finally admitted in a recorded phone call that he's "too smart" to ever get robbed.

Link: https://www.businessinsider.com/fall...e-rolex-2024-2

So if Anthony was saying no robberies ever happened, then why would Marco (his partner at the time) say he was held up at gunpoint and lost $1.1m of watches? It's now looking like they had to get rid of the watches to pay off some people in their ponzi scheme and made it look like a robbery to commit insurance fraud so a portion of their debts can be "taken care of" by insurance.

Also that whole "blackout" where the entire gang, including Marco, simply disappeared. People who wired them money or consigned their watches couldn't get ahold of them. Then a week later, they showed up again claiming that it was all just a publicity stunt for social media awareness.

And let's not forget the whole "buyout" which led to the split between Marco and Anthony. Jimmy (the Grand Caliber CEO) later admitted that they had to do a lot of "clean ups" as part of the buyout terms and make whole several unpaid consignors.

And of course, all the little stuff that Jimmy later admitted to such as: watches and cash disappearing and reappearing (not always in that order) with no paper trail or explanation, unpaid taxes, unreconciled books, Victor backing out of deals, Chris (who is no longer with the company) being unprofessional on camera where the video had to be eventually taken down due to backlash, etc.

I won't provide links for all of those because there are too many and I will be typing all day and night. See the subreddit r/thetpgentleman and comments by u/jimmy-grandcaliber if you want to have a better idea of the scale of shenanigans they were a part of and how they seemed to keep messing up over and over again.

I can forgive if someone trips up once or twice. But with Grand Caliber, there were just way too many red flags which is why I will never deal with that company ever. Even if Grand Caliber is now trying to clean up their act, there are a lot of better trusted dealers out there.

For me, it's just not worth it and for all of you, I implore to at least look closer at their history before you hand over your hard-earned cash to them.
Thanks for the detailed info.
Porkbelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 04:34 AM   #23
Socal Runner
2024 Pledge Member

Marco and Grand Caliber were not involved in Anthony and TPG consigning watches and ultimately stealing the funds. As far as past incidents I can't comment - does anybody really know whats true and what's not? Yeah events like the media blackout they did was ridiculously stupid.

All I am saying, like plenty of others on this thread is that we've done good business with Grand Caliber recently and they are a reputable company within the space.
Old 7 May 2024, 04:04 PM   #24
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Quote:
Marco and Grand Caliber were not involved in Anthony and TPG consigning watches and ultimately stealing the funds. As far as past incidents I can't comment - does anybody really know whats true and what's not? Yeah events like the media blackout they did was ridiculously stupid.

All I am saying, like plenty of others on this thread is that we've done good business with Grand Caliber recently and they are a reputable company within the space.
Jimmy himself admitted to a lot of the shenanigans that happened while Anthony was still with them and after the split. Search reddit for u/jimmy-grandcaliber and read his old comments. A lot of them were also documented in r/thetpgentleman. Unprofessional behavior, videos that were taken down, non-payment/late-payments of consignors, etc.

Also read/watch the links I provided above. A lot of the investigation around Anthony went far back in time, including the time before Grand Caliber when Marco and Anthony were still partners.
bay_area_kid is offline   Reply With Quote