The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 February 2024, 03:46 AM   #1
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

NYC / NJ AD Recomendation Please

Hi

Im looking for a DJ 41 fluted currently.

I have not buying history in the US. I moved here from London a few years back. I bought a Sub date in 2016 in London and my wife has a DJ.

Been to a few ADs around 5th Ave NYC to register interest. Quite honestly, it feels like they write your info on a card before throwing it in the trash.

Anyone have any recommendations or contacts in NYC or NJ?

Thanks
GrailTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 03:50 AM   #2
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
I got mine from this dealer (via C24, but they have an actual store) https://www.chrono24.com/dealer/labe...elry/index.htm
https://timepiecesbylabelle.com/collections/rolex

Good communication, fast shipping, 100% real, no stories, box & all papers. They're ~45min due west of midtown.

Wishlist: 128236; 5396G; 15550ST; 384.029
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 04:48 AM   #3
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I’ve always been treated courteously by NYC Rolex stores but have never pressed to buy anything. Anecdotally I have heard the Bucherer owned Boutique in the Meatpacking District is pretty straight up as is their store at Bryant Park. Maybe Wempe on 5th Ave.
I wouldn’t think a Datejust would be an impossible ask.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 05:09 AM   #4
JDPNY2023
"TRF" Member

I've had very good service from Hartgers in NJ.
JDPNY2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 05:13 AM   #5
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
WOS American Dream. Maxime.
Old 6 February 2024, 09:59 AM   #6
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T

Try the Rolex Boutique in the Short Hills Mall, in NJ, 1200 Morris Turnpike, about 30 miles west of NYC. I used to shop at the Omega Boutique there, back when I lived in NJ, which was my home for many years. The Rolex Boutique is run by London Jewelers, so maybe you would be welcomed there. Open 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 01:22 PM   #7
BMess
"TRF" Member

Highly recommend against Hartgers. They treated me and my wife very poorly. Judgmental and arrogant.

Leonardo is my go-to. My family has been dealing with them for three generations. Feel free to PM if you want more info.
Old 6 February 2024, 08:33 PM   #8
2thdock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Try the Rolex Boutique in the Short Hills Mall, in NJ, 1200 Morris Turnpike, about 30 miles west of NYC. I used to shop at the Omega Boutique there, back when I lived in NJ, which was my home for many years. The Rolex Boutique is run by London Jewelers, so maybe you would be welcomed there. Open 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.

Kat

Agree! I bought two there and had a great experience. Christopher Grey was my SA. Good communication. Lots to look at. Not like any of the other experiences at Jewelry stores. Beautiful mall.
Old 6 February 2024, 09:50 PM   #9
Pboned

Watch: SD43
I would recommend Watches of Switzerland at Hudson Yards. Ive always had a good experience visiting them.

I also went to the Watches of Switzerland at American Dreams Mall. They were polite and friendly. I haven’t purchased anything from them though.

I visited London at short hills mall but haven’t had a good experience with them.
Pboned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 10:40 PM   #10
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pboned View Post
I would recommend Watches of Switzerland at Hudson Yards. Ive always had a good experience visiting them.

I also went to the Watches of Switzerland at American Dreams Mall. They were polite and friendly. I haven’t purchased anything from them though.

I visited London at short hills mall but haven’t had a good experience with them.
WOS in hudson yards is by far the worst AD in nyc and maybe even anywhere lol, the SAs there don't wanna talk to anyone

the best ones in nyc are tourneau bryant park and wempe, but the chances of you getting anything with no relationship at wempe are slim. the tournaeu by bryant park seems to work the best with walk ins and looks like they actually have a list. can't speak for jersey anymore, i had a great AD there but they no longer sell rolex as of like 2021
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 12:43 AM   #11
mfnj
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Kat

that may have been true at one time but no more! You will be welcomed by a rope and a bevy of people scrutinizing you from top to bottom. they may let you in immediately but more likely will make you wait. best to call ahead and set up an appointment if you want to go there to eliminate any unknowns.
mfnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 12:46 AM   #12
EndlessEight
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Quote:

Kat

Absolutely not.

You will be forced to wait outside like a plebeian until you are beckoned inside.
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 12:47 AM   #13
EndlessEight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfnj View Post
that may have been true at one time but no more! You will be welcomed by a rope and a bevy of people scrutinizing you from top to bottom. they may let you in immediately but more likely will make you wait. best to call ahead and set up an appointment if you want to go there to eliminate any unknowns.
Lol. I didn't see your post.
Old 7 February 2024, 12:49 AM   #14
Robb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR
I can only give you an amazing grey dealer reference for that area. If interested, PM me
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 12:52 AM   #15
EndlessEight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdock View Post
Agree! I bought two there and had a great experience. Christopher Grey was my SA. Good communication. Lots to look at. Not like any of the other experiences at Jewelry stores. Beautiful mall.
We have the same SA, who I am very fond of. Sold me several Rolexes at the other location including a BLRO.

I provided a wish list when the boutique opened. Was invited to the private opening. Was offered a Wimbledon DJ 41.

Have not been offered anything on my wish.

Provided another a separate wish list for my 40th. Crickets. A separate source informed me the process is "very political" for allocation.

I don't have the time to hang around outside like a simp to express interest. Went next door and bought Omega. Haven't looked back.
Old 7 February 2024, 01:03 AM   #16
EndlessEight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot View Post
WOS American Dream. Maxime.
Was unaware there was one in American dream.

Also haven't been there.

Good to know.
Old 7 February 2024, 01:06 AM   #17
watchboynyc
"TRF" Member

https://www.bucherer.com/about-us/ne...meMachine.html
watchboynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 02:03 AM   #18
cdmorenot

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post

Also haven't been there.

Good to know.
Yes! And they're an absolutely delight.
Old 7 February 2024, 02:08 AM   #19
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Lots of great information here OP, good luck
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 03:45 AM   #20
KatGirl

Quote:
We have the same SA, who I am very fond of. Sold me several Rolexes at the other location including a BLRO.

I provided a wish list when the boutique opened. Was invited to the private opening. Was offered a Wimbledon DJ 41.

Have not been offered anything on my wish.

Provided another a separate wish list for my 40th. Crickets. A separate source informed me the process is "very political" for allocation.

I don't have the time to hang around outside like a simp to express interest. Went next door and bought Omega. Haven't looked back.

Love the Omega Boutique there, as well.

Kat

Old 7 February 2024, 04:49 AM   #21
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdock View Post
Took your advice and wife and I visited London at Short Hills Mall. Was treated really well.

2thdock - What did you buy? When? And how long did it take?
Old 7 February 2024, 04:53 AM   #22
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffs View Post
Took your advice and wife and I visited London at Short Hills Mall. Was treated really well.

2thdock - What did you buy? When? And how long did it take?

I knew it would be a good fit for you guys. May I further suggest that you stop in monthly, just to chat, try on watches, and further solidify your relationship, with your SA. That will help, IMO. Others don’t believe in establishing a personal connection. It has worked well, for me, and others, as well. I hope you get what you want, very soon. Good luck.

Kat, AKA Jersey girl….

Old 7 February 2024, 05:07 AM   #23
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Lots of great information here OP, good luck
Agree, loads of good info. Much appreciated. I have been to some of the ADs, so i will share where im at.

Some background, looking for a DJ41, fluted. Pref Green or Slate. Prefer Oyster. Always go into the AD dressed well, wearing my sub date. My wife has her DJ36. We bought both from UK AD's, which means little to the NYC AD's it seems.

My wife is trying to buy for me for our 10th anniversary. We are also celebrating 10 years in USA and have a baby on way in April, so a lot of reasons, i would hope, for AD to consider us "worthy" of spending over $10k with them!!!

Bucherer Bryant Park. Visited at the start of the year with wife. Greeted by a SA at the counter. Nice guy, but not the sit down and coffee. Registered interest and provided my model wishes. Makes me write info on a card, so who knows what they do with that!! I feel that location is way too busy and have too many tourists going in to really stand a chance. Obviously the tourists wont be put on waitlists, but because they are dropping in, locals dont get the full attention.

Wempe 5th Ave Visited early Jan solo. Nice SA. Gave her my wish list. She seemed very interested in spend history.

Bucherer 57th Again, went in early Jan solo. Struck up a good convo with a SA. She told me the best way is to text her. I texted her yesterday and find she has left. She told me to call the store. I did and another SA took my wish list. Will make sure to go in and meet the new SA.

WOS Dream Mall Really nice SA. My wife and i stuck up a good convo with her. She took my preferences. My wife pushed a little bit to see if there is anything to buy. She went away and came back with a mix metal DJ41 wimbledon, fluted, jubilee. Had to pass as yellow gold is just not for me. I would have taken it if full steel.

Londons at Short Hills Mall Great SA. Spent a lot of time with wife and I. She struck up a good vibe with my wife. Hopefull that this could be the place where we buy from.

I hope the call comes!!!
Old 7 February 2024, 05:15 AM   #24
KatGirl

Quote:
Agree, loads of good info. Much appreciated. I have been to some of the ADs, so i will share where im at.

Some background, looking for a DJ41, fluted. Pref Green or Slate. Prefer Oyster. Always go into the AD dressed well, wearing my sub date. My wife has her DJ36. We bought both from UK AD's, which means little to the NYC AD's it seems.

My wife is trying to buy for me for our 10th anniversary. We are also celebrating 10 years in USA and have a baby on way in April, so a lot of reasons, i would hope, for AD to consider us "worthy" of spending over $10k with them!!!

Bucherer Bryant Park. Visited at the start of the year with wife. Greeted by a SA at the counter. Nice guy, but not the sit down and coffee. Registered interest and provided my model wishes. Makes me write info on a card, so who knows what they do with that!! I feel that location is way too busy and have too many tourists going in to really stand a chance. Obviously the tourists wont be put on waitlists, but because they are dropping in, locals dont get the full attention.

Wempe 5th Ave Visited early Jan solo. Nice SA. Gave her my wish list. She seemed very interested in spend history.

Bucherer 57th Again, went in early Jan solo. Struck up a good convo with a SA. She told me the best way is to text her. I texted her yesterday and find she has left. She told me to call the store. I did and another SA took my wish list. Will make sure to go in and meet the new SA.

WOS Dream Mall Really nice SA. My wife and i stuck up a good convo with her. She took my preferences. My wife pushed a little bit to see if there is anything to buy. She went away and came back with a mix metal DJ41 wimbledon, fluted, jubilee. Had to pass as yellow gold is just not for me. I would have taken it if full steel.

Londons at Short Hills Mall Great SA. Spent a lot of time with wife and I. She struck up a good vibe with my wife. Hopefull that this could be the place where we buy from.

I hope the call comes!!!

Sounds like you didn’t need any of my advice. You know the score. Do bring up the Anniversary and new baby. They love those stories. It could really help. I’m confident you will get the call, before too long.

Kat

Old 7 February 2024, 05:42 AM   #25
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sounds like you didn’t need any of my advice. You know the score. Do bring up the Anniversary and new baby. They love those stories. It could really help. I’m confident you will get the call, before too long.

Kat

No, i did, because only went to Short Hills today. Much appreciated.
Old 7 February 2024, 06:15 AM   #26
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4
[QUOTE=BMess;13140383]Highly recommend against Hartgers. They treated me and my wife very poorly. Judgmental and arrogant.

I wouldn't waste time making the trip up to Wycoff to go to Hartgers I used to go up there all the time trying to get a watch for my son - got the usual buy jewellery - the funny thing got my son a Submariner from WOS Hudson Yards - no history within 6 months - complete luck - that was 13 months ago - I havent heard from them since
hgg43c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 08:01 AM   #27
EndlessEight

[QUOTE=hgg43c;13141279]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMess View Post
Highly recommend against Hartgers. They treated me and my wife very poorly. Judgmental and arrogant.

I wouldn't waste time making the trip up to Wycoff to go to Hartgers I used to go up there all the time trying to get a watch for my son - got the usual buy jewellery - the funny thing got my son a Submariner from WOS Hudson Yards - no history within 6 months - complete luck - that was 13 months ago - I havent heard from them since
They are due to be phased out soon.
Old 7 February 2024, 11:50 AM   #28
KatGirl

Quote:

Quote:

I’m so glad you had a good experience. I think they will come through for you. Congrats on the Anniversary, and your upcoming bundle of joy.

Kat

Old 7 February 2024, 12:06 PM   #29
lawyerdude
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=EndlessEight;13141400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgg43c View Post

They are due to be phased out soon.
Not sure about that. They just started a huge capex project to make Rolex happy. I have watched the thread and will say that they sold me the model the OP wants in a few months while the store at short hills hasn’t after almost 7 months. Despite being lovely everytime I came to visit. So, you never know.
Old 7 February 2024, 12:23 PM   #30
Tqmb79
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Also haven't been there.

Good to know.
I had a horrible experience there. Basically told me to buy Omegas or a Tudor instead.
Tqmb79 is offline   Reply With Quote