The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 11 June 2022, 05:59 AM   #1
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4c0ipmElYI
mikemargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2022, 07:03 AM   #2
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post

Thanks Mike, really enjoyed the video and continue to be excited about the future of the brand (and my order)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2022, 06:23 AM   #3
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing Mike. some good close ups of the ice blue in there. I am hoping to try on the antarctique soon and confirm my pre-order. It does look really good.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2022, 11:28 AM   #4
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Thx Mike, great new video!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2022, 08:27 PM   #5
Schweinwerfer
"TRF" Member

I can't watch the video since it's private :(
Schweinwerfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2022, 09:03 PM   #6
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweinwerfer View Post
I can't watch the video since it's private :(
Hmmm, someone changed the YT permissions since posted. Weird.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11 June 2022, 10:16 PM   #7
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Works fine for me

Great video, thanks. Waiting patiently for mine.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2022, 12:05 AM   #8
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Video works fine for me. Great detailed shots on the dial and showing the hour marker twinkle which is a checklist item for me.
Old 12 June 2022, 02:37 AM   #9
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Nice morning in the garden. I just love how this dial and the indices play in the light with a slight tilt of the wrist.

uscmatt99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2022, 02:41 PM   #10
Patek_collector
"TRF" Member

Glacier blue...

did anyone receive his Glacier Blue? mine is scheduled for Sept but i am sure there will be delays. if anyone got it, share with us some pictures!

have a great day.
Patek_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 11:05 AM   #11
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek_collector View Post
did anyone receive his Glacier Blue? mine is scheduled for Sept but i am sure there will be delays. if anyone got it, share with us some pictures!

have a great day.
I have not yet delivered one Glacier Blue in Americas.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:21 PM   #12
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek_collector View Post

have a great day.
Not yet - waiting for Glacier Blue and a Salmon (originally supposed to be June)
londonpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2022, 06:05 PM   #13
Noahgraph
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Yesterday finally had a hands on with the PdD in black-inck. I was very happy with the end-result. Blown away. I would say it comes close to Royal Oak-territory. Rubber-strap is amazing too. Really stoked. Expecting mine in April 23’. Cheers guys.
Noahgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 03:28 AM   #14
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Icon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahgraph View Post
Yesterday finally had a hands on with the PdD in black-inck. I was very happy with the end-result. Blown away. I would say it comes close to Royal Oak-territory. Rubber-strap is amazing too. Really stoked. Expecting mine in April 23’. Cheers guys.
Where were you able to do a hands on?
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 04:19 AM   #15
Noahgraph
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Where were you able to do a hands on?
AD in the Netherlands.
Old 13 June 2022, 02:08 AM   #16
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Life's A Beach :)

Monochrome_Beach_Cigar.jpg

Old 13 June 2022, 08:24 AM   #17
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

I ordered the Rattrapante in October (paid in full) and still waiting. Keep getting excuses of delays at the factory.. but it has been over 7 months now... Is anyone else waiting on this one
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 11:08 AM   #18
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchucallit View Post
I ordered the Rattrapante in October (paid in full) and still waiting. Keep getting excuses of delays at the factory.. but it has been over 7 months now... Is anyone else waiting on this one
Status from the boss as of May 11:

Rattrapante:
Chronode has faced an issue with the split-second mechanism and had to interrupt the production to modify two components: the tube and the axis transmitting the movement to the second and the split-second. Re-production of these two components has been launched. We will get pre-series in a week and test them. On May 19 we will get a precise timing on the schedule of the deliveries. Assembly should resume by June 15. We will be delivering some pieces in June and a many more in July. All the pieces already delivered have passed successfully the tests. In any case any issue would be taken care of as the usual.
Our delivery objective: all Silver Grey should be delivered by the end of September. When Silver Grey is fully delivered, we will immediately continue with the Ice Blue. The last Ice Blue batch should be delivered in early 2023.
Old 13 June 2022, 03:57 PM   #19
Finly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
Status from the boss as of May 11:

Rattrapante:
Chronode has faced an issue with the split-second mechanism and had to interrupt the production to modify two components: the tube and the axis transmitting the movement to the second and the split-second. Re-production of these two components has been launched. We will get pre-series in a week and test them. On May 19 we will get a precise timing on the schedule of the deliveries. Assembly should resume by June 15. We will be delivering some pieces in June and a many more in July. All the pieces already delivered have passed successfully the tests. In any case any issue would be taken care of as the usual.
Our delivery objective: all Silver Grey should be delivered by the end of September. When Silver Grey is fully delivered, we will immediately continue with the Ice Blue. The last Ice Blue batch should be delivered in early 2023.
This is great. I love seeing that they'd rather fix issues rather than shipping them out with issues just to get production numbers up. Big plus from me.
Finly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 11:16 AM   #20
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

Mike ..Thanks so much for this information.. Helpful to know
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 10:28 PM   #21
Finly
"TRF" Member

Someones bespoke strap. Looks nice.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ceu9vBgvqZH/
Finly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 04:48 PM   #22
huydoan
"TRF" Member

Watch: pp and only pp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finly View Post

Someones bespoke strap. Looks nice.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ceu9vBgvqZH/

I know both the watch owner and strap maker. Placed a few straps for my PP from this strap maker and happy with their quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
huydoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 01:04 AM   #23
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

I’m sure Jean Rousseau and Camille Fournet would make you whatever strap you wanted…
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 02:47 AM   #24
Noahgraph
"TRF" Member

So guys here me out. I was able to get my hands on a PdD black ink (just to try!) I shared some pictures on a forum local to my country of origin and the Rolex and AP-army went full metal jacket on the photos, claiming it is absolutely dramatically finished (especially the bracelet) and so. Ever since Czapek became a villain on this mentioned forum and people are making constant fun of the finishing on the watch since it costs quite a dime.

Now I know what I saw, and I was absolutely delighted to finally see one in the flesh, but I also like to hear some perspectives from you guys, especially the people owning one, and preferably also other high end watches (with integrated bracelets).

Cheers in advance!!
Old 18 June 2022, 04:52 AM   #25
thewatchidiot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So guys here me out. I was able to get my hands on a PdD black ink (just to try!) I shared some pictures on a forum local to my country of origin and the Rolex and AP-army went full metal jacket on the photos, claiming it is absolutely dramatically finished (especially the bracelet) and so. Ever since Czapek became a villain on this mentioned forum and people are making constant fun of the finishing on the watch since it costs quite a dime.

Now I know what I saw, and I was absolutely delighted to finally see one in the flesh, but I also like to hear some perspectives from you guys, especially the people owning one, and preferably also other high end watches (with integrated bracelets).

Cheers in advance!!

There are a lot of owners on this post that have discussed their watch. I’m sure you’ll get the impression of owners by reading all the posts from the beginning.
I’m curious on what forum you’re referring to that has such negative Czapek discussion’s. Please share

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thewatchidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2022, 05:40 AM   #26
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Over the decades have had various pieces, tho yes please go back some pages and read everyone's comments. I'm very, no, make that eXXXtreeeeeeemly happy with the Czapek Monochrome White.

As for comments on the internet, even my own, always think for yourself. And since you've taken the time and effort to see one, you know what you experienced. Enjoy your time

Old 16 June 2022, 03:12 AM   #27
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Rolex and AP army are hardly watch connoisseurs.. while I love my Rolex' most people buy them for the name, hype, and upside. Czapek has their own style.. is the bracelet Royal Oak level.. no but thats also the Royal Oaks claim to fame. A newcomer will always be compared to the old guard but as a watch the Czapek really has nothing to feel inferior about. Finish on Czapek is definitely finer than a Rolex... durability probably not but Rolex is a tractor
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2022, 04:53 AM   #28
thewatchidiot
"TRF" Member

Here’s an interesting story!

“The Collector's Series – The Beauty of Custom-Made, with Dr. Ayham Refaat’s One-Of-A-Kind Czapek Antarctique Alpha” via @watchville https://api.watchville.co/v2/posts/71835/click

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thewatchidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 04:33 AM   #29
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Am a HUGE believer in wearing 'em daily, so for me that also means having strap choices. Not sure if anyone has ever really photo'ed them all and posted online... so here we go :)

HUUUGE thanks Mike for helping me order these.

And yes, the Czapek Monochrome White is a STRAP MONSTER

Straps_All.jpg

Straps_Back.jpg

Straps_Leather_Back.jpg

Straps_Leather_Front.jpg

Straps_With_Watch1.jpg

Straps_With_Watch2.jpg

Old 23 June 2022, 09:29 AM   #30
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Great pics. Love the white strap
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote