The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 March 2020, 07:00 PM   #1
miket-nyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16800
Malfunction of Date on my Sub?

A few times recently, I've noticed that the number in the date window of my 16800 Submariner was crooked. Once I ignored it and the following day it was fine, and recently I tried tapping gently on the crystal, which caused it to "pop" straight again.

Is this normal or is it the beginning of a malfunction? I bought this watch from Bob's Watches in mid-June of last year, and for the most part it performs splendidly, gaining 2-3 seconds per day. But it came with a one-year guarantee, and if this issue with the date is going to turn into a problem, I want to send it for repair before the guarantee runs out.
miket-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 07:28 PM   #2
bigdavep
"TRF" Member

Had a similar thing with my DSSD, date would sometimes get stuck slightly. Unfortunately it needed a service. That was over 2 years ago and it's been fine ever since.
bigdavep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 07:32 PM   #3
Hotrod297
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Sounds like the Jumper Lever is going bad. May need to replace. Do you know if this part was changed out the last service with Bobs?
Old 2 March 2020, 08:58 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miket-nyc View Post
A few times recently, I've noticed that the number in the date window of my 16800 Submariner was crooked. Once I ignored it and the following day it was fine, and recently I tried tapping gently on the crystal, which caused it to "pop" straight again.

Is this normal or is it the beginning of a malfunction? I bought this watch from Bob's Watches in mid-June of last year, and for the most part it performs splendidly, gaining 2-3 seconds per day. But it came with a one-year guarantee, and if this issue with the date is going to turn into a problem, I want to send it for repair before the guarantee runs out.
Possible a bit of oil on back of date wheel try cycling the date around a few times might cure it but if not not a huge problem.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote