The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 June 2015, 01:01 AM   #1
Invictus Maneo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
New to pens! Need some guidance.

Hello my TRF friends! This is my first time posting on the "Pens" forum so please be gentle with me!

I am looking to start a pen collection. As of this moment I have a Waterman BP and a Parker BP (it's around here somewhere). I have no idea of what names or model #'s they are. I don't believe either are extremely valuable but the Waterman is sentimental as my ex-wife gave it to me about twenty years ago.
Anyway, I'm looking to start collecting but want to start off slow and relatively inexpensive.

I work in the medical profession and plan on using it at work. I also plan on carrying a few spare Uniball throw aways to give to patients and colleagues to use which occurs very, very often . I have also recently re-started journaling in a Moleskein binder.

To date, I really like using a RB, certainly more than a BP. I haven't used a fountain pen in years and probably wouldn't go that route to start, at least in the work setting. I could certainly see myself learning to use one for my journal entries though.

So, I'm looking for suggestions on what to start with. I write A LOT at work so I'm looking for something that will be enjoying to write with but that I won't be devastated if I lose/break while I'm in the process of developing "pen discipline"! Once I get that (discipline) I will probably up my game.

There are no exclusively pen/stationary stores where I live but plenty of places that sell high end writing instruments if one is willing search a bit.

So what do you guys/gals suggest to start me on my journey? I'm most definitely a WIS and I guess I want to learn how to be a PIS.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated including websites that are good to use and give good or great prices.

Thankyou!
Ken
Invictus Maneo is offline   Reply With Quote