The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 February 2006, 03:32 AM   #1
MiamiRolex

Warranty certificate??

As you guys know I just bought my first Rolex and noticed that I dont have a "warranty certificate".. The watch came in a green box with a datejust booklet,a book titled "factory service:the care of your Rolex" but I dont see a seperate piece of paper that is a warranty certificate... What else should come with the box?
MiamiRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2006, 03:35 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRolex
As you guys know I just bought my first Rolex and noticed that I dont have a "warranty certificate".. The watch came in a green box with a datejust booklet,a book titled "factory service:the care of your Rolex" but I dont see a seperate piece of paper that is a warranty certificate... What else should come with the box?
That's the most bloody important document, MR. You should have also got the red chronometer round seal, a green "Swimpruf" plastic thingy, a booklet on the special watch itself. Could you post a picture of the whole ensemble? That might help us in determining as to what is missing.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2006, 03:40 AM   #3
MiamiRolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
That's the most bloody important document, MR. You should have also got the red chronometer round seal, a green "Swimpruf" plastic thingy, a booklet on the special watch itself. Could you post a picture of the whole ensemble? That might help us in determining as to what is missing.

JJ
Ok, well I did get the red chronometer round seal, and a booklet on the datejust watch. I dont see a "swimpruf" plastic thingy..It also came with two different types of clothe.....

Right after I started the thread I called Mayors and they told me that the warranty would arrived through the mail in about 14 days. The lady said not to worry about it.. She said that if it doesnt arrive within two weeks to just give them a call back. She seemed very relaxed about the whole thing.

Last edited by MiamiRolex; 3 February 2006 at 03:41 AM..
Old 3 February 2006, 03:45 AM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 3 February 2006, 03:47 AM   #5
MiamiRolex

Am I right when I assume that they are just printing my name and info on the warranty before they send it???
Old 3 February 2006, 03:48 AM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Am I right when I assume that they are just printing my name and info on the warranty before they send it???
That seems to be the rule in the USA....not in most other parts of the world.

Old 3 February 2006, 03:51 AM   #7
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, ah........yeah, pretty much. Kinda impersonal...don't you think? Hell, mine was hand written in.

Last edited by C.J.; 3 February 2006 at 03:52 AM..
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2006, 12:05 PM   #8
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
By no means the norm, but I do know two AD's that do it that way. Mine types it up as you wait. As long as you get it all will be fine.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2006, 03:38 AM   #9
Atomic

Quote:
Double check inside the green leather 'wallet' thingy. It might be folded up in there.
Old 3 February 2006, 03:40 AM   #10
C.J.
"TRF" Member

MR, I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. It came with all you mentioned plus a certificate with the model (GMT) and serial number, the two year warranty and the chronometer certification, as well as, the name of the AD. It should be in a small green sleeve with the serial number showing through a cut out window.
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2006, 04:50 AM   #11
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Okay MR?
Your heart back to it's normal pace?
You watch should beat at 28,000 not your heart.

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote