The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Closed Thread

Old 10 December 2007, 01:59 AM   #1
jimroe
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 571211A-001
WTS: GMT Master 16753 -SOLD-

As I am more a "user" than a "collector" of Rolex (and I JUST got the GMT IIc last week) I would like to sell my vintage GMT Master to fund the purchase of a new Ladies Rolex for my wife.

The watch was purchased new by me in the early 1980's from an AD, model number 16753, serial number 629xxxx which places the mfg date around 1979-1980. The model and serial numbers are clearly intact between the lugs. As you can see in the pictures, this watch has the original nipple dial and has never been "refurbished" at an RSC - it also still has the original acrylic crystal and the original bezel. The hands were replaced by an AD in the mid 1990's (and the watch serviced at the same time) as the tritium (now completely depleted) had fallen off but I have the old original hands which will accompany the watch. The movement supports the "hack" function and IS a quick-set date movement. Everything else is totally original and includes the box, hang tags, some literature and the manual (but sorry - no original chronometer attestation) and about 2 links removed when it was sized for my wrist. The watch has been on my wrist a lot so there are some scratches on the sides of the case, but the case has never been polished by anyone and all the angles are sharp. The bracelet has some stretch but otherwise is in good shape.

Pics are below - I have a few more for any interested party.

Asking price is $4050 to TRFers - these have sold for a lot more recently. You can contact me via PM or email to jimroe at penn dot com.

Thanks for looking!

Old 10 December 2007, 09:03 PM   #2
jimroe
"TRF" Member

WTS: GMT Master 16753

Price drop $3250 - will consider reasonable offers.
Old 29 February 2008, 11:23 PM   #3
jimroe
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the delayed questions about this watch. It is no longer available - I traded it on my wife's new DJ.