The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 April 2024, 09:06 AM   #91
Silvio_86
"TRF" Member

there is something in this story that does not fit right
Silvio_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2024, 11:37 AM   #92
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Next Rolex, Extremely Lucky Situation - Help Me!

If you’re not going to flip it, what does it matter? If you like the Sub better, get that. And then do something nice with the extra 4500 dollars. Don’t get into these games about market values. If you’re planning on getting it to wear, get the one you like best. If you like them equally you may as well get the cheaper one.
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2024, 12:26 PM   #93
thetahoess
"TRF" Member

BLRO, no brainer.

B
thetahoess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2024, 12:57 PM   #94
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
give him 20.5k for the ND sub and Pepsi. One of the best duos
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2024, 01:50 PM   #95
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvio_86 View Post
there is something in this story that does not fit right
Agreed
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2024, 02:27 PM   #96
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Blro
Old 28 April 2024, 01:45 AM   #97
Encepholopod
Banned

Watch: 5712/1R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x308 View Post
Just looking for casual advice and thoughts and am open to any commentary whatsoever.

I've found myself in the incredibly fortunate position to purchase a steel Rolex sports model from a friend who's consolidating his collection in pursuit of diversifying into independents.

I have my choice between the 126710BLRO GMT on Jubilee, the 126610LV Starbucks Sub, or a 124060 No-Date Sub. Unfortunately he's keeping his black dial 126500LN, which I don't blame him for, but that would have been my obvious choice if it was an option.

To top it off, only the 124060 has been worn. The Pepsi and Starbucks are both essentially brand new, having been purchased and stashed away without being worn, which is making this even more difficult of a decision.

I can't make up my mind. I'd love the 126710BLRO as I'm in the consulting field and always working on projects with clients located around the globe where tracking another timezone is critical. In addition to being a somewhat frequent traveler as a byproduct of my career, it means the GMT would shine in its practicality - plus I love the Jubilee bracelet, which I have on my blue dial 126200 DJ and love.

On the other hand, either Sub model makes sense for me as I live in south Florida with a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach. I'm big on getting out and doing anything involving the water and the Sub is the obvious choice given how often I find myself in the water or near it, plus I love the idea of it being so robust that it could be an easier daily wear, above my DJ and likely above the GMT.

Which should I pick? I know the availability and desirability of the 126710BLRO might make some immediately say to opt for it in lieu of either Sub, but I just don't know. Both models fit my lifestyle and hobbies, so they're on par with each other in my mind... and I recognize how this is probably a once-in-a-lifetime scenario so I'm keen to capitalize on this as best as possible.

Please, tell me what you kind folk think.

Really depends on your comfort level with spend. An unworn pepsi is 100% the choice here however it's twice as much or just about than the Sub. Starbucks isn't extremely common like the sub so if you're looking for more wow than the sub but less price than the pepsi, then starbucks is your answer.

Price is really the determining factor here.
Encepholopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 03:15 AM   #98
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
GMT.

Get a 124060 later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 04:00 AM   #99
2thdock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post
give him 20.5k for the ND sub and Pepsi. One of the best duos
I like this idea
Old 28 April 2024, 05:32 AM   #100
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
He, like the watches, is gone with the wind.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 09:10 AM   #101
karleone
"TRF" Member

So which one did you get?
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:56 AM   #102
0x308
"TRF" Member

Well, I settled on the 126610LV! I've had it for a little bit now and have grown to love it... As much as I probably should have gone with the Pepsi, I just wanted the watch that I originally had my sights set on, even above the ND Sub. I couldn't be any happier. I know this will probably upset a lot of folks considering that probably 80-90% of the replies were to go with the GMT, but I just went for what I wanted most before this whole thing happened and tried not to factor resale value into the equation since I can't see myself letting this go at any point in the future. Unfortunately I can't upload a picture without manually resizing it so I'll do that when I get home today and I'm back at my personal PC. Thanks again everyone - really.
0x308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:49 AM   #103
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Congrats! The gmt was the best deal but definitely right just to pick the one you really want and will wear the most.

Buying from a friend at retail in some ways is more of a commitment than buying from an AD - they’ll definitely realise if you buy it then flip it!
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:04 AM   #104
0x308
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ben View Post
Congrats! The gmt was the best deal but definitely right just to pick the one you really want and will wear the most.

Buying from a friend at retail in some ways is more of a commitment than buying from an AD - they’ll definitely realise if you buy it then flip it!
Thank you! Yep, totally agree... I know the GMT was for sure the better "deal" but I'd been set on owning the LV before this so I just went for it and have no regrets about it. I'm sure I can get a GMT down the line since I'm on a list with a few ADs and have been for some time now.

Also, excellent point. We see each other a handful of times every year so I'm sure he'll be eyeing my wrist and curious where it is next time we see each other if I'm not wearing it.
0x308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:05 AM   #105
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I’d get the BLRO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote