The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 April 2024, 12:30 PM   #30
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjockey View Post
C24 is off the list I see.
Yeah, I left off Chrono24 because of horror stories I've heard of buyers falsely claiming to have received a different watch.

As a seller in Chrono24, you ship the watch directly to the buyer so you are at the mercy of what the buyer says. If the buyer starts to make false claims, it's your word against the buyer's. Unfortunately, Chrono24 sides with the buyer for most cases and all the funds in escrow goes back to the buyer. So the buyer keeps their money and your watch.

With eBay's Authenticity Guarantee, you don't ship anything to the buyer. Instead, you ship the watch to eBay's authenticator. So if the buyer starts claiming a fake or different watch was shipped, it's their word against eBay. As a seller, your only responsibility is shipping the exact watch to eBay's authenticator. Once they confirm to have received your watch, it's their responsibility to authenticate, insure, and ship your watch to the buyer.

Basically, you have the protection of a middleman with eBay but not Chrono24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjockey View Post
Would you mind explaining why MODA is high learning curve, please?
Their have their own system which newbies need to learn. Newbies need to learn the vouching system and reference system (they are separate), the Mazal system, who is RWB/MDA and who is not, the difference between the two and how to handle each separately. Properly communicating with Moda mods, learning how to use Nazar's services and knowing when to use it and when not to use it.

It's basically a huge BST network and similar to the system that watch dealers use in the Diamond District.

There are no tutorials in Moda, just a few guidelines and you have to learn the rest by experience and/or from long-time members.
bay_area_kid is offline   Reply With Quote