The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 June 2022, 10:55 AM   #1
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

The BB58 is a really confounding mysterious watch to me

I picked up my first one about a year ago, the blue dial. On paper AND on wrist, it was an amazing watch. Amazing proportions, 39mm size and thickness is JUST right. Comfortable, nice modern movement with great accuracy and PR.

But after a while I wasn't really wearing it much, and I couldn't really figure out why I didn't like it more than I did. It maybe the only watch I've ever owned where I felt that way, other watches I can articulate something I don't like or a deal breaking feature. Couldn't do it with the BB58, but something just left me cold. I ended up selling it.

But I kept thinking about the watch, so about a month ago I picked up the "OG" black/gilt version, thinking maybe it was the blue dial of my first that I wasn't bonding with. But I'm kind of having the same issues. It's not making its way on to my wrist as much as I think it should, and I honestly can't figure out why.

It's not the whole "should have gotten a Sub" thing, as I've owned both 5 and 6 digit Subs in the past. Definitely not the faux rivets, they don't bother me at all.

I guess the watch and design can be a bit "boring" or "sterile", but that's not it either. I've owned plain 3-handers that I've really enjoyed in the past like the Explorer I.

I guess this sometimes happens with watches, but honestly this is the first one. By all accounts the BB58 should be one of my all-time favorite watches, but it's not.

Ever have a similar feeling about a watch?
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote