The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 October 2023, 10:41 AM   #1
AlabamaLawyer1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Fully stickered Rolex in 2023?

I couldn’t help but notice that there is a fully stickered 116500 for sale on the forum with a card dated August of this year.

And here I was thinking all stickers are removed at the AD, that’s at least been my experience for the watches I’ve picked up in the last couple of years.

In all seriousness, I just find it impossible that an AD would forget to remove the stickers in 2023, much less on the fabled panda Daytona.

Wonder how much spend the original purchaser dropped at their AD to pull that off??

DM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 October 2023, 10:44 AM   #2
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Who knows . But however much was spent , a good chunk was recouped by the flipper selling to a used watch dealer who will then sell at an even higher mark up. So really it’s only the end user who gets the shaft. Never understand why ppl partake in the used watch market as it currently is

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2023, 10:49 AM   #3
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Mine was all removed from the AD, and link sized to be worn as I left the store.

These fully stickered watches could have been reapplied from the secondhand seller as used but advertised new?
kopi-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2023, 10:53 AM   #4
AlabamaLawyer1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopi-c View Post
Mine was all removed from the AD, and link sized to be worn as I left the store.

These fully stickered watches could have been reapplied from the secondhand seller as used but advertised new?

I would say you’re onto something but this particular watch was listed by Takuya and I’ve never read anything but the most positive of reviews so I’m sure the integrity of the watch and it’s description is not compromised.

Just mind blown that someone apparently made it out of an AD with a fully stickered example during these times.

DM

Old 27 October 2023, 11:12 AM   #5
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
if the ADs are willing to sell to grey, they are willing to leave all the stickers on for a price.
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2023, 11:22 AM   #6
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

TAKUYA Rolex Boutique, wow there is a dedicated classified sub forum for this guy... lol

In the posting "I am just a watch collector and independent watch seller. And I am not affiliated with Rolex USA in anyway. My watches come from various dealers in the US and around the world..."

Yeah sounds like unauthorized retail arbitrage this person is engaging as well as others putting up their sale BNIB watches.
Old 27 October 2023, 11:27 AM   #7
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Depends … I convinced the local AD to leave stickers on for my wife’s watch. Her 30th is coming up so I wanted her to experience the joy of peelings stickers off. They’re holding on the warranty card. Only way they accepted to leave stickers on.
Old 27 October 2023, 11:53 AM   #8
russ86
"TRF" Member

I buy in few different AD’s, and my main AD usually removes stickers leaving behind some, on a sides or on a bracelet etc, but once when I was purchasing my Panda, they left all the stickers, I mean ALL of them.
russ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2023, 01:14 PM   #9
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Dealers are not all the same period. The stickers mean nothing to me, my dealer removes them and sizes my watch and I walk out happy. Maybe they’d leave them on if I asked or let me take them off…but I’ve never asked.
I don’t think this constitutes a conspiracy, Takuya’s reputation here is quite solid.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2023, 11:40 PM   #10
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
Dealers are not all the same period. The stickers mean nothing to me, my dealer removes them and sizes my watch and I walk out happy. Maybe they’d leave them on if I asked or let me take them off…but I’ve never asked.
I don’t think this constitutes a conspiracy, Takuya’s reputation here is quite solid.
Takuya is trying to pass off as an Rolex AD or Rolex Boutique?

Could he chime in this thread as I am curious why the stickers were not removed.
Old 27 October 2023, 11:49 PM   #11
DAGMoney
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Two-tone Sub
Just received a Sub date from my AD, and all stickers had been removed before I even showed up in the store. That is SOP, and I understand Rolex tells their ADs they are supposed to do so. Of course, that doesn't mean it always happens....
DAGMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 12:56 AM   #12
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:

Could he chime in this thread as I am curious why the stickers were not removed.
Perhaps you should read up a bit more on the forum how it works here before making funny claims. .

As for stickered watches last year I bought a new one on the grey market fully stickered.
Not all AD’s follow silly ‘rules’ and still prioritize the customer wishes instead
Old 28 October 2023, 01:00 AM   #13
garg
"TRF" Member

Quote:

He obtained it from a dealer or a reseller who obtained it from a dealer who did not remove the stickers.

I see a fair amount of fully stickered watches in greys around my area. Obviously many dealers do not follow the "rule" of fully removing stickers before it leaves the shop

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk
garg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 01:06 AM   #14
Podmornica
Banned

Back door sale as with any popular reference .. Could be someone was having a moment to peel when changing hands and many watches involved ..
Podmornica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 01:09 AM   #15
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Stickered watches are not that rare
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 01:16 AM   #16
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Probably from overseas but I bought a stickered one this year that wasn't even advertised as stickered by the seller. Collectors in NY.
Old 28 October 2023, 01:42 AM   #17
slide13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGMoney View Post
Just received a Sub date from my AD, and all stickers had been removed before I even showed up in the store. That is SOP, and I understand Rolex tells their ADs they are supposed to do so. Of course, that doesn't mean it always happens....
That's how it was when I picked up my Sub earlier this year. I was coming in from out of town to visit family, had gotten the call earlier in the week and paid over the phone so that might be part of it. Walked in and they pulled out the watch in the box, stickers all removed already. No bracelet adjustment needed thanks to glidelock so it took a total of about 3minutes.

I do kinda miss the experience of peeling the stickers off myself, but oh well, kinda fun to walk in, slide the watch on the wrist and walk out immediately wearing it too.
slide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 01:48 AM   #18
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post
if the ADs are willing to sell to grey, they are willing to leave all the stickers on for a price.
Bingo.
Tim Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 01:57 AM   #19
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Rolex watches get into the used markets with stickers on. Why is anybody’s guess, but it happens.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 01:58 AM   #20
jackminny15
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changin'
The suggestions of something nefarious by Takuya -- even if unintentional -- are wholly uncalled for. He has one of the most solid reputations on these forums and has been a trusted seller for a very very long time.
126613LB Submariner "Bluesy" | 126610LN Submariner Date | 126610LV Submariner "Cermit" | 126500LN Daytona "Panda" | Omega Seamaster Diver 300 green | Tudor Black Blay 41 jubilee | Omega Aqua Terra "Summer Blue"
jackminny15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 02:09 AM   #21
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

There are stickers still left on brand new watches at the point of sale. It’s more rare the last 2 to 3 years but it still happens.
Old 28 October 2023, 02:13 AM   #22
Jasb
"TRF" Member

Picked up my sub 2 weeks ago and they pulled the stickers off in front of me, sized it and sent me on my way. They didn’t do the green Rolex bag, instead it was a brown bag from a pet store in the mall for “my safety”.
Jasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 02:18 AM   #23
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

My AD has always removed all stickers from, sized and set every watch they sold me going back to 2009 because it's store policy. Or at least it was until they were unusually busy and running hours behind, which is what happened when I last bought a watch from them. I had an appointment but they were slammed. I was happy to do the peeling and sizing when I got it home.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 03:38 AM   #24
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollie_rollie View Post
who knows . But however much was spent , a good chunk was recouped by the flipper selling to a used watch dealer who will then sell at an even higher mark up. So really it’s only the end user who gets the shaft. Never understand why ppl partake in the used watch market as it currently is.
+1.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 06:00 AM   #25
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot View Post
Depends … I convinced the local AD to leave stickers on for my wife’s watch. Her 30th is coming up so I wanted her to experience the joy of peelings stickers off. They’re holding on the warranty card. Only way they accepted to leave stickers on.
Can not tell if this is a joke or not.
If not, I can promise you, with basically 100% certainty, that your wife will derive no 'joy' from peeling off a sticker. Instead she will forever remember the beautiful gift you got her for her 30th birthday.
Old 29 October 2023, 01:47 AM   #26
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Fully stickered Rolex in 2023?

If you’re going to wear it then take the stickers off at the AD yourself. I can’t think of any reasons other than two obvious 1) flipping to gray or 2) safe queen to be flipped at a later date.

rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 07:38 AM   #27
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
TAKUYA Rolex Boutique, wow there is a dedicated classified sub forum for this guy... lol

In the posting "I am just a watch collector and independent watch seller. And I am not affiliated with Rolex USA in anyway. My watches come from various dealers in the US and around the world..."

Yeah sounds like unauthorized retail arbitrage this person is engaging as well as others putting up their sale BNIB watches.
What's your point? Takuya has been a very reliable seller for many many years. What is stated in your quoted language is very accurate. Dealers world-wide "leak" watches into the secondary market. This has been going on for DECADES. Rolex, AP, Patek, you name it . . .

There are many reasons retailers do this. Reasons including that on the hottest pieces they can move them for over MSRP. For cooler pieces they can move them quickly.

Again, what is your point? Or maybe you're just learning of this wide-spread practice?
Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 07:41 AM   #28
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Why on Earth would you write that when you previously quoted him as posting,
"I am just a watch collector and independent watch seller. And I am not affiliated with Rolex USA in anyway. My watches come from various dealers in the US and around the world..."

Do you have a specific gripe with this gentleman? It seems like you have an agenda.

Because this aspect of the watch market is so well known and has been operating for decades, that ignorance of it seems unlikely.
Old 29 October 2023, 07:43 AM   #29
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoNeal View Post
Can not tell if this is a joke or not.
If not, I can promise you, with basically 100% certainty, that your wife will derive no 'joy' from peeling off a sticker. Instead she will forever remember the beautiful gift you got her for her 30th birthday.
+1000

If I gave my wife a watch with stickers she'd look at me and say, "I can't wear this like this...please take the stickers off."

We've sat together for her taking delivery of her RO and her 7118. She never once asked about "stickers" I can report.
Old 29 October 2023, 08:20 AM   #30
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:

1. No
2. Because the AD didn’t remove them

Very simple.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote