The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 April 2020, 06:56 AM   #1
jyhwker
"TRF" Member

DJ 126233 owners, need your help!

Looking to add the gorgeous 126233 and wanted to see the different combinations that live out there in the TRF community. Any particular pointers/things to note on your combo and why you love it? Pics would be helpful. The one I’m leaning towards is the white dial, index markers. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jyhwker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 09:39 AM   #2
ibz_s_b
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhwker View Post
Looking to add the gorgeous 126233 and wanted to see the different combinations that live out there in the TRF community. Any particular pointers/things to note on your combo and why you love it? Pics would be helpful. The one I’m leaning towards is the white dial, index markers. Thanks all!

I've got the 36mm Champagne dial with stick hour markers i.e. the traditional Rolex Datejust...Wouldn't have it any other way! I put a picture up in the WRUW of Thursday 23rd April!
ibz_s_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 10:11 AM   #3
jyhwker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_s_b View Post
I've got the 36mm Champagne dial with stick hour markers i.e. the traditional Rolex Datejust...Wouldn't have it any other way! I put a picture up in the WRUW of Thursday 23rd April!

Just took a look, beautiful mate! With the bimmer too! Makes me want it even more now haha

Old 25 April 2020, 10:17 AM   #4
ibz_s_b
"TRF" Member

It’s definitely a gorgeous watch. I also had a 2 tone 5 digit 36mm datejust which had the champagne tapestry dial ie the American Psycho watch. It was gorgeous and definitely a conversation starter but after I got my modern stainless steel blue dial 116234 I couldn’t wear the 5 digit DJ anymore felt too flimsy so I sold it and bought the 126233.

I was thinking of adding the 126233 with the black dial and diamond hour markers that’s a beauty too!

Old 25 April 2020, 10:27 AM   #5
jyhwker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s definitely a gorgeous watch. I also had a 2 tone 5 digit 36mm datejust which had the champagne tapestry dial ie the American Psycho watch. It was gorgeous and definitely a conversation starter but after I got my modern stainless steel blue dial 116234 I couldn’t wear the 5 digit DJ anymore felt too flimsy so I sold it and bought the 126233.

I was thinking of adding the 126233 with the black dial and diamond hour markers that’s a beauty too!

Your 116234, is it fluted on jubilee with a roulette date wheel? If so, I have the same one haha. I hear you on the 5 dig v 6 dig. And black with diamond... wooooo, so nice. I messaged my AD but everything is shut down here until May... so will have to wait patiently.. at some point I’m looking to add a 118238 president, but that’ll be after I conquest this 126233. What would you say is the main difference between your 116234 and 126233? Aside from the obvious two tone etc. weight? Feel? Wrist presence?

Old 25 April 2020, 10:33 AM   #6
ibz_s_b
"TRF" Member

Haha yeah blue stainless steel jubilee roulette date wheel. Stunning watch I bought it on a whim after work one Friday last February.

So a big difference between the 116 and the 126 is of course the movement with the longer power reserve on the 126. Additionally, the 126 benefits from the easy link clasp but that means no more hidden clasp as you get on the 116.

But the biggest difference is ironically the most minute change and that’s the profile of the lugs, you’ll notice on the 116 they’re slightly fatter and shorter whereas on the 126 they’re longer and thinner which results in the watch face looking slightly bigger and appearing to sit bigger on the wrist but not overly ostentatious. So I love it and I love having both the 116 and 126, best of both worlds especially switching between hidden clasp and easy link.

Yeah it’s the same in London, everything is shut. I’m actually awake right now even though it’s 1:30am because I’m changing the strap on my Tudor GMT

Old 25 April 2020, 12:38 PM   #7
jyhwker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Haha yeah blue stainless steel jubilee roulette date wheel. Stunning watch I bought it on a whim after work one Friday last February.

So a big difference between the 116 and the 126 is of course the movement with the longer power reserve on the 126. Additionally, the 126 benefits from the easy link clasp but that means no more hidden clasp as you get on the 116.

But the biggest difference is ironically the most minute change and that’s the profile of the lugs, you’ll notice on the 116 they’re slightly fatter and shorter whereas on the 126 they’re longer and thinner which results in the watch face looking slightly bigger and appearing to sit bigger on the wrist but not overly ostentatious. So I love it and I love having both the 116 and 126, best of both worlds especially switching between hidden clasp and easy link.

Yeah it’s the same in London, everything is shut. I’m actually awake right now even though it’s 1:30am because I’m changing the strap on my Tudor GMT

Haha awesome, going nato on the GMT? And congrats on the 116234, love that it was on a whim, those types of surprises make life sweeter.

Man, appreciate the insight on the differences, and I look forward to having the best of both worlds in these DJs, totally agree with that sentiment. I’ve wrestled with the “are they too similar” argument but I think there are a collection of both subtle and large changes that make the watches quite different in all. Thanks for the description of the lugs, I had known they changed slightly but hadn’t thought of the watch looking larger on the wrist, again one of those subtle gems!

Say hello to London! I grew up there have found my way over to Los Angeles. Thanks again!

Old 26 April 2020, 01:54 AM   #8
Annan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233
I've had several DJs (36mm) and this 41mm is certainly my favorite. I prefer the look of the white dial and appreciate the lume from the stick markers. I've had roman markers in the past, think they look great but in the end I appreciate the less cluttered look of the sticks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3671.JPG (252.7 KB, 191 views)
Old 26 April 2020, 01:57 AM   #9
Annan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233
Forgot to include that I also prefer TT.
Old 26 April 2020, 03:00 AM   #10
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Gone, but missed
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6A16D471-B4F1-48DD-9728-6F6530FF1A7A.jpeg (84.7 KB, 167 views)
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 08:40 AM   #11
jyhwker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annan View Post
I've had several DJs (36mm) and this 41mm is certainly my favorite. I prefer the look of the white dial and appreciate the lume from the stick markers. I've had roman markers in the past, think they look great but in the end I appreciate the less cluttered look of the sticks.

Yes! I feel the same about the white, it is just so clean.. thanks for sending this pic. This is the one I’m looking for, in 36 to match my wrist size. Beautiful and thank you for sharing! Agree on the sticks v romans and I want that new chromalight!

Old 26 April 2020, 08:41 AM   #12
jyhwker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Gone, but missed

Lovely. How’s the new DD treating you? Which dial did you go for?