The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 23 January 2024, 04:55 AM   #1
ShamRockNRoll
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
Philadelphia - Any experience w/ Bucherer KOP?

Hi all,

I'm going to the Bucherer AD at KOP for the first time, and was curious if anyone has any experience with this AD? Any particular sales associates you'd recommend introducing myself to?

Basically, I'm branching out to a new AD in the hopes of having a more straight forward conversation than I've been able to have at the previous AD I've been trying to stay in touch with for the last few years after expressing interest in a sought after GMT... *checks watch* 4 years ago.

I'd just love to be able to ask someone, "here's the watch I want to buy, I know it's in high demand, but can you sell me one sometime in the next 18 months?" And get an honest answer instead of an ambiguous "we'll let you know if any become available" and then feel like I'm being an ass by checking in every few months.

I will probably go grey at the end of this year. I've just been holding out hope for the fantasy of actually being able to buy at retail.

ShamRockNRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 01:11 AM   #2
Sebenza
"TRF" Member

I was there a few weeks ago. SA's were rude and arrogant. They told me they would not sell me anything Rolex unless it was a CPO watch. I won't bother wasting time there again.
Sebenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 04:20 AM   #3
ShamRockNRoll
2024 Pledge Member

Well, that's... disappointing to hear
Old 26 January 2024, 01:12 AM   #4
John Ryan
"TRF" Member

Go to the omega boutique across the floor, great staff in there and they will treat you well regardless if you buy anything or not
John Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 03:17 AM   #5
ShamRockNRoll
2024 Pledge Member

So, I made the trip the other day and I actually had a pleasant experience at Bucherer, and had one of the most straightforward conversations about availability than I've had at any of the other ADs I've visited in the region.

Hoping that I will be able to make this place "my AD" before too awfully long. Won't hold my breath... but will be crossing my fingers.

John, I did also pop into Omega and they were indeed quite friendly as well.
Old 28 January 2024, 05:02 AM   #6
John Ryan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamRockNRoll View Post
So, I made the trip the other day and I actually had a pleasant experience at Bucherer, and had one of the most straightforward conversations about availability than I've had at any of the other ADs I've visited in the region.

Hoping that I will be able to make this place "my AD" before too awfully long. Won't hold my breath... but will be crossing my fingers.

John, I did also pop into Omega and they were indeed quite friendly as well.
Glad to hear the report! Best of luck with getting what you want.
John Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 06:48 AM   #7
Dauntless
"TRF" Member

What did they have to say?
Dauntless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 07:14 PM   #8
raycover
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Been going there since 2009 when it was Tourneau if I'm thinking correctly. Great looking store with plenty of space and options, unsure of how they are when it comes to dealing with them though. I wish you the best, friend.
raycover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 07:17 PM   #9
raycover
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebenza View Post
I was there a few weeks ago. SA's were rude and arrogant. They told me they would not sell me anything Rolex unless it was a CPO watch. I won't bother wasting time there again.
CPO, that's a no. They seemed snotty when I went in there, did not even ask to see anything nor would I want to see any of their overpriced CPO program business. I'm sorry you were treated like that.
raycover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 07:58 AM   #10
ShamRockNRoll
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post

What did they have to say?

Well I don't want to oversell it, I didn't get a hard timeline on the specific pieces I inquired about, but I've been to 2 other AD's in the Philly area a few times and my interactions there started as friendly & extremely vague, to just kind of dismissive and clearly not interested in any level of transparency about my chances of ever acquiring anything from them.

This associate at Bucherer actually explained some of the demand/supply issues. Shared that they just stopped running a list for Daytonas a few years ago when they had over 16,000 people on it. One of the pieces I inquired about was a pepsi, being ready to be shown the door, and he shared that Rolex just announced a few weeks ago that they will begin automating the bezel production which should help with supply and actually sounded encouraged that they will get them more frequently because of that. (Now, I've tried googling to find confirmation of this and don't see anything, but considering Bucherer is now owned by Rolex, I am assuming they didn't just make this up). He was still was very honest that it would be hard to get, but encouraged me to place my interest with them and noted that my desire for oyster over jubilee may actually help my case as most of the requests are jubilee specific.

I just found the person to be much friendlier than anyone else I've interacted with so far, and I appreciated it. He took the time to allow me to try on a few different pieces, and when I noted that I'd like to one day buy a version of the Day Date that I didn't know was highly sought after, encouraged me to add that to my profile now so when I'm ready for that purchase down the line they can see a long history.

Other shops I've been to seemed bothered if I asked to put my name in their database for something, so while I know this isn't a groundbreaking interaction, it was just far more pleasant than I was used to.
Old 16 February 2024, 05:27 AM   #11
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamRockNRoll View Post
Well I don't want to oversell it, I didn't get a hard timeline on the specific pieces I inquired about, but I've been to 2 other AD's in the Philly area a few times and my interactions there started as friendly & extremely vague, to just kind of dismissive and clearly not interested in any level of transparency about my chances of ever acquiring anything from them.

This associate at Bucherer actually explained some of the demand/supply issues. Shared that they just stopped running a list for Daytonas a few years ago when they had over 16,000 people on it. One of the pieces I inquired about was a pepsi, being ready to be shown the door, and he shared that Rolex just announced a few weeks ago that they will begin automating the bezel production which should help with supply and actually sounded encouraged that they will get them more frequently because of that. (Now, I've tried googling to find confirmation of this and don't see anything, but considering Bucherer is now owned by Rolex, I am assuming they didn't just make this up). He was still was very honest that it would be hard to get, but encouraged me to place my interest with them and noted that my desire for oyster over jubilee may actually help my case as most of the requests are jubilee specific.

I just found the person to be much friendlier than anyone else I've interacted with so far, and I appreciated it. He took the time to allow me to try on a few different pieces, and when I noted that I'd like to one day buy a version of the Day Date that I didn't know was highly sought after, encouraged me to add that to my profile now so when I'm ready for that purchase down the line they can see a long history.

Other shops I've been to seemed bothered if I asked to put my name in their database for something, so while I know this isn't a groundbreaking interaction, it was just far more pleasant than I was used to.
it's always nice to be treated with curtesy and respect. that being said, I bet they 1m people asking for a pepsi and I don't see anything happening unless you get started on that DD40. But good luck
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2024, 05:47 AM   #12
Drdrew
"TRF" Member

It's hit or miss
Drdrew is offline   Reply With Quote