The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 February 2024, 12:51 PM   #1
ShamRockNRoll
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
Another Pepsi Production Rumor Thread

Hi all, I almost feel guilty for starting one of these discussions, but it is a discussion forum after all...

I recently visited a Bucherer location I had never been to and struck up a friendly conversation with their Rolex ambassador about how I've been trying to get a Pepsi for years from a couple other ADs. Sharing his feedback here:

- He said there are only two people responsible for making all of the Pepsi bezels in the world, which is why supply issues have been so bad.

- He said that Rolex "just announced a few weeks ago" that they would soon begin automating that process now, and opined that this would quite possibly make them a little easier to come by soon.

- It was his opinion that the rumors of the Pepsi being discontinued were highly unlikely ("why would they stop making a watch that everybody wants that they know they can sell?")

Do these first two points strike anyone as new information? I did some googling to try and find any kind of backup on this without success. Most of what I found were the common discussions I see here about the additional factories coming online soon that would speed up production. I'd never heard anything about only a couple of individuals being responsible for the entire line's ceramic bezels, and I didn't see anything anywhere else about an announcement regarding automated production.

SO, my questions for the group:
1) Has anyone else heard this before (either 2 individuals finishing all the pepsi ceramic bezels, or the note an a new announcement about automating that process?)
2) Does the fact that this came from a Bucherer hold more weight since they are owned by Rolex?

I'm still not expecting one anytime soon, but I will continue to hope nonetheless... (and also stash away a few extra bucks because I'll probably go grey at the end of this year if nothing happens sooner)

Cheers
ShamRockNRoll is offline   Reply With Quote