The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6 December 2010, 02:02 AM   #1
<Littlepickle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster P
Air King question

Hi folks

I am a new member to this forum, I live in Spain and have owned my Rolex Air king for almost a year now. It is a 2003 model with an engine turn bezel and an oyster strap.

I am generally very happy with the watch and it keeps relatively good time, only gains about 25 minutes per week, for such an old watch i'm pretty impressed.

I am planning a trip to the UK for christmas, it will be the first time I have flown with my Rolex. My friends fathers brother works as a baggage handler at Malaga airport and I was talking to him about my trip. He told me that as my watch was so old it wouldn't be a good idea to fly with it, it may get damaged due to the change in air pressures in the cabin, especially on landing. He said if I really wanted to take it with me I should put it in an air-tight plastic box wrapped in cling-film in my suitcase.

I would like to confirm that what he said is true as I dont want to cause damage to my most precious possession.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Martyn