The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 April 2020, 05:53 PM   #1
BreguetRolex
Banned

Watch: TIMEX
ROLEXES in SRI LANKA..?

Has anyone on these forums ever been to a Rolex Dealer here on The Emerald Isle besides me..? Monday curfew will be lifted in Colombo after 35 days and going to see what they might have available ..
BreguetRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 06:57 PM   #2
Tsurara
"TRF" Member

I went back in February to an AD in the One Galle Face shopping center in Colombo next to the Shangri-La. They didn’t have much stock, TT DJ/DD/Subs mostly. Their feedback was lots of folks from Asia were coming to buy due to the exchange rate and they sold out popular models quickly. Apparently I missed a 116508 Daytona with Green face by a few hours though !
Tsurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 07:31 PM   #3
BreguetRolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsurara View Post
I went back in February to an AD in the One Galle Face shopping center in Colombo next to the Shangri-La. They didn’t have much stock, TT DJ/DD/Subs mostly. Their feedback was lots of folks from Asia were coming to buy due to the exchange rate and they sold out popular models quickly. Apparently I missed a 116508 Daytona with Green face by a few hours though !

I been on the island since october at our winter get away and now stranded and bored..Curfew will be lifted monday morning so i am going to take a spin over there and see what they have.. Did you notice and solid PM Models at all..? Yes the exchange rate is also awesome on a US Dollar...

How long were you here..?
Old 25 April 2020, 07:35 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
Has anyone on these forums ever been to a Rolex Dealer here on The Emerald Isle besides me..? Monday curfew will be lifted in Colombo after 35 days and going to see what they might have available ..
Well seeing there has been no deliveries would doubt if they have little or no stock give them a ring to see what they have its that simple.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 07:45 PM   #5
BreguetRolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well seeing there has been no deliveries would doubt if they have little or no stock give them a ring to see what they have its that simple.
How do you know they have had no deliveries..? Had you called them and spoke to them about deliveries...? Surely could have taken stock from other dealers quite simply..
Old 25 April 2020, 07:48 PM   #6
BreguetRolex
Banned

With interests rates as high as 15% on yearly CD's here on The Emerald isle things become quite interesting on a SOLID PM...
Old 26 April 2020, 01:28 AM   #7
Tsurara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
I been on the island since october at our winter get away and now stranded and bored..Curfew will be lifted monday morning so i am going to take a spin over there and see what they have.. Did you notice and solid PM Models at all..? Yes the exchange rate is also awesome on a US Dollar...

How long were you here..?
They did not have any when I went, however, as mentioned I did just miss out on a PM Daytona. I was there for about 2.5 weeks in total - love it!
Tsurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 01:34 AM   #8
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I would venture to guess that no dealers there have any highly desired pieces just sitting in their case unsold. I have never heard of Rolex ADs flipping hard to get pieces to other Rolex ADs. But I guess anything is possible.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 01:54 AM   #9
Jules944
"TRF" Member

I got offered an Explorer I from the One Galle Face Rolex Dealer; they also had a Diamond GMT version back then and a Moonphase Cellini, quite pretty.
Jules944 is offline   Reply With Quote