The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 May 2024, 09:45 PM   #31
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would keep what you have and enjoy them. The Panda Daytona is a cool watch and a flex but too expensive for what it is, to me. I have recently let go of my Black and White dial Daytona-C's. Don't miss them and won't replace them, at least any time soon.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2024, 09:46 PM   #32
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Pepsi is a keeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 01:43 AM   #33
rolexboy66
"TRF" Member

Keep Pepsi, and go 116500 white/126500 black
rolexboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 02:28 AM   #34
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu74 View Post
Keep the BLRO.
BLNR will be much easier to get in the future.

Good point.

I think we don’t take into account the ease of re-acquirement if we change our mind….which often happens.

jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 03:10 AM   #35
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
Go for the 126500 and move the BLNR and maybe the explorer.
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 05:13 AM   #36
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario1971 View Post
I had the exact same GMT references as you. Batman was with me for 5 whole years. Most of the time it was my number 1. After three years, Pepsi on Oyster was added, and I also bought Jubilee. During this time, BLNR sat in the box more and more often, until I finally decided to sell it. My "iron three" are currently Pepsi, Daytona Panda and Hulk. Sometimes I miss Batman, but only sometimes. Recently I picked up a blue Sky-Dweller. You have to choose what you want to get rid of and what is to be the core of your collection for many years.
That pic always hurts the Pepsi's blue, but in isolation I prefer the Pepsi, so that plus Sub and Daytona make the 3.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 06:33 AM   #37
USMC034L
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs, GMT, DJ, PAM
Call me sentimental (also still have my wedding watch--a DJ36 blue dial) but I would never part with what I wore on such a memorable day. My wife would definitely notice, but it isn't just about that. For me, part of the magic of collecting is making memories with my watches. I say go with your instinct and sell the BLRO, and you'll also net more proceeds for that Daytona.
Old 2 May 2024, 09:31 AM   #38
Beto737
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexboy66 View Post
Keep Pepsi, and go 116500 white/126500 black

Beto737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 10:02 AM   #39
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I would keep what you have and enjoy them. The Panda Daytona is a cool watch and a flex but too expensive for what it is, to me. I have recently let go of my Black and White dial Daytona-C's. Don't miss them and won't replace them, at least any time soon.
What did you replace them with?
rolesor2022 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 11:54 AM   #40
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Keep all but explorer, BLNR and BLRO are special to enough keep both.

Good luck!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 12:03 PM   #41
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milgauss2232 View Post
I think it’s finally time for me to get a 116500/126500 Panda
Gonna go grey of course though I have been getting all my previous pieces from AD, I don’t have any illusions that my spend is enough.
So there’s the thought that I don’t want to fork out all the full amount of money, plus I don’t want too much redundancy in my collection so I’m looking to let go of one for the panda.
Currently I have :
116710 BLNR
126710 BLRO
126610 LN
I think of letting go the Pepsi, as it is the flashier GMT, and a blnr would be more low key for its function-travel watch. When I want to be flashy, there’s the incoming panda. I thought of keeping the explorer and sub as they are versatile GADA watches, but they are possible options too.
Which would you let go given this choices and why?
I'd keep one of the GMTs of course. The issue is WHY you want to be low key for travel. If it's for robbery/personal safety, I don't think there are many situations a criminal would identify and mark you to steal a BLRO that they wouldn't do exactly the same for the BLNR. Both are highly recognizable valuable Rolex watches. If being low key is the concern, I'd just wear the Explorer or Sub and check another timezone on your phone. So I'd definitely keep the BLRO.

Also because the BLRO/Panda/Black Sub is probably the best (albeit slightly cliche) Rolex sports watch trio you can get. The Exp I is a wildcard I personally don't have much of an opinion on. I'd personally would prob sell it if I had the other 3.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 12:07 PM   #42
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks for the great replies and advice!
To add on, why I more willing to let go of the blro than the blnr is because the blnr was a piece I bought to wear at my wedding (although I don’t think the missus would notice if it’s gone)
Ok, I missed this part. No way I'm letting go of the BLNR in this situation. BLRO bye bye.

And in that case, I'd say bye to the Sub too. Honestly if I had both the BLNR and Sub in a situation where the BLNR has that much sentimental value, I would rarely wear the Sub. In any case I think they are too similar to justify having both. I personally ditched the BLNR, but that's cause I like the 41mm's proportions and glidelock. But in your case you should keep the BLNR.

So you have the the bling special watch in a Panda, the sentimental everyday piece in the BLNR, and the discrete Explorer I when you want to be under the radar. Also a great trio.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 09:23 PM   #43
milgauss2232
"TRF" Member

Watch: the watchmen
Thanks for all the insights my friends, excellent replies!

If I throw a speedmaster pro (3861 sapphire sandwich) into the consideration, would you move this? Would you consider this redundant with the incoming panda? I’m guessing the resale value is not great though.
milgauss2232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 10:55 AM   #44
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Thanks for all the insights my friends, excellent replies!

If I throw a speedmaster pro (3861 sapphire sandwich) into the consideration, would you move this? Would you consider this redundant with the incoming panda? I’m guessing the resale value is not great though.

I would keep the Speedy. You aren’t going to get much for it and it’s a great watch you can throw into any situation as long as there isn’t much water! lol

jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote