The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 26 April 2024, 10:13 PM   #31
Pfang56
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Thank you kind Sir! How are you finding the Concept split please? I will be taking the plunge on the second iteration i hope as and when it gets released.

Absolutely love it.

After about a year, this is what continues to impress me about this model.

- The curved crystal and case - which "hugs" the wrist and makes the watch absolutely wearable
- the split complication - not only unique, but incredibly melted butter smooth activation. I've activated a Lange Doppel and a 5370 but this one seems to have the tactile sensation of a light iPhone volume button or a blackberry key. Something really special that causes me to activate it for fun!
- the interchangeable straps - really adds to the daily versatility to the watch, and incredibly easy to do. Make sure to get as many colours as possible!
- the incredible details on the case - just a myriad of details and finishes and materials - think Grand Prix details at an elevated level!

The only thing I would have dreamed for is a ceramic bezel! After a summer vacation in Japan on a bare wrist, I don't have any dings or scratches but there would be a little more peace of mind :)

In any case, I am excited for you! I've heard about the next evolution of the Concept and it looks *insane* - keep us posted!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pfang56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2024, 10:30 PM   #32
rjohnston713
"TRF" Member

Love seeing them all in one place! My smaller wrist makes me sad that I can't pull off a 41mm or wear these but it also thanks me for the money that can stay in my bank account and not go chasing these insane pieces!
rjohnston713 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2024, 12:17 AM   #33
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfang56 View Post
Absolutely love it.

After about a year, this is what continues to impress me about this model.

- The curved crystal and case - which "hugs" the wrist and makes the watch absolutely wearable
- the split complication - not only unique, but incredibly melted butter smooth activation. I've activated a Lange Doppel and a 5370 but this one seems to have the tactile sensation of a light iPhone volume button or a blackberry key. Something really special that causes me to activate it for fun!
- the interchangeable straps - really adds to the daily versatility to the watch, and incredibly easy to do. Make sure to get as many colours as possible!
- the incredible details on the case - just a myriad of details and finishes and materials - think Grand Prix details at an elevated level!

The only thing I would have dreamed for is a ceramic bezel! After a summer vacation in Japan on a bare wrist, I don't have any dings or scratches but there would be a little more peace of mind :)

In any case, I am excited for you! I've heard about the next evolution of the Concept and it looks *insane* - keep us posted!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great feedback thanks so much for sharing. I am so glad you are enjoying it. Wearability very close to RM levels but agree the ceramic bezel will be a useful evolution for day to day use.
Old 27 April 2024, 02:33 AM   #34
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Great feedback thanks so much for sharing. I am so glad you are enjoying it. Wearability very close to RM levels but agree the ceramic bezel will be a useful evolution for day to day use.
After all these years and sport models from many brands, RM is still the king of ergonomy of a big sport watch... and they nailed it from the first try...

And what is the next iteration of Concept you speak about? Any info you can share?
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2024, 10:43 AM   #35
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
And what is the next iteration of Concept you speak about? Any info you can share?
I don’t know any facts but my feedback was sought at the original launch and my comment was that a bulky and prone watch like a concept needs a ceramic bezel. If they go that route happy to take the plunge.