The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 April 2020, 05:44 AM   #31
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
Finks Dulles town center this week. Mgm Finks and Annapolis mall ad last year. Kings jewelry on king street Alexandria this past January 1st. King’s one of few mom and pop ad’s left in area.

So Rolex is shutdown and not shipping product but they’re axing ADs while they’re shutdown and suffering. Doesn’t sound very ethical to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 05:44 AM   #32
Ocog
"TRF" Member

Put it like this, in the US if an AD goes down in bankruptcy you won't get your money back as emphasis is on getting the lenders paid first.

In Mexico, you probably wont even be able to contact them. If an AD is taking 100% deposits, that means they are in some deep deep trouble financially. Without tourism, legal non narco trafficking business will struggle survive.
Ocog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 05:46 AM   #33
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Update. One employee has said Finks has lost Rolex. Another forum member reached out and got opposite answer. I hope they get to retain Rolex ad.

I hope so too. This doesn’t effect me in anyway but don’t think Rolex should be pulling the rug out from any AD right now

Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 05:48 AM   #34
Pim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj3209 View Post
This is off topic but are some ADs shipping in the US?

I contacted an AZ AD recetnly and they said they are not allowed to ship but I could pick it up in AZ. Unfortunately, I'm not driving 150 miles to pick up a watch.
150 miles ???? I would be in the car 10 minutes ago
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 06:50 AM   #35
LigerBelair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 50th A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
150 miles ???? I would be in the car 10 minutes ago
Gotta agree, I drove farther than that to get my Batman from an AD.
LigerBelair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 06:54 AM   #36
cj3209
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II-16570
LOL...sorry, my time is worth more than 6 hours of traffic just to pick up a Rolex. Although, honestly, there's so little traffic, I could probably make it roundtrip in 4 hours...
cj3209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 07:06 AM   #37
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Could've been there & on your way back with a green box on your passenger seat by now...
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 07:35 AM   #38
ronmexico
"TRF" Member

$10K+ tied up with a Mexican dealer and the only way to obtain the watch is flying to Mexico to retrieve? Yikes.
ronmexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 07:39 AM   #39
Deroya
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Sad world and market we live in
Deroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 08:24 AM   #40
Citystar31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmexico View Post
$10K+ tied up with a Mexican dealer and the only way to obtain the watch is flying to Mexico to retrieve? Yikes.
I was always planning on making a vacation out of it! Also if you can’t “tie up” 10k for a month or two (worst case way longer) than I sure as hell would not be buying a Rolex but that’s just me...
Citystar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 08:29 AM   #41
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceptional View Post
It's paid for and you have the receipt, you won't know until they open up.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I would! AD is in Mexico, not the USA. Mexico is full of corruption. They have his money and he has no idea if/when he will receive a watch. That is a red flag in my book, IMO.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 08:37 AM   #42
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citystar31 View Post
I was always planning on making a vacation out of it! Also if you can’t “tie up” 10k for a month or two (worst case way longer) than I sure as hell would not be buying a Rolex but that’s just me...
I hope if things happen to go south with this deal that you get your money back. I don't want to tell you how to spend your cash, but this whole transaction is a very risky one in this current world environment right now.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 09:37 AM   #43
Cwillis0001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
King’s one of few mom and pop ad’s left in area.
King's lost their AD status at the beginning of the year.
Cwillis0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 09:56 AM   #44
Zoomerang
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600
I've been talking to the same AD (I think) as the OP and they gave me the option to deliver the piece locally to someone or to pick it up from their office.

In my case, the sales person is in Cancun but they offered to ship it to Cabo to one of their other locations.

They told me they can't ship internationally due to their insurer's restrictions.

I have a friend that lives in Cabo that could pick the package and hold it for me.
Zoomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 09:56 AM   #45
Ntoz
Banned

You'd be fine. Congratulations
Ntoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 11:38 AM   #46
Citystar31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang View Post
I've been talking to the same AD (I think) as the OP and they gave me the option to deliver the piece locally to someone or to pick it up from their office.

In my case, the sales person is in Cancun but they offered to ship it to Cabo to one of their other locations.

They told me they can't ship internationally due to their insurer's restrictions.

I have a friend that lives in Cabo that could pick the package and hold it for me.
Sounds like the same company. I feel completely comfortable waiting and am not worried about this AD going under... just with all the incoming posts I’m starting to worry I may have gotten duped into paying for a watch they don’t have! Hope and think that’s not the case though since my invoice has the serial number on it..
Old 17 April 2020, 03:24 PM   #47
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

If you take a step back and think just how ridiculous this sounds, sending thousands of dollars to a corrupt county in the hope they'll let you have one of the most sought after watches on the planet. All this at the start of the worst pandemic and economic downturn in living memory, and you cant even get there until international travel restarts, that could be next year! You'll be looking at empty shops by the time you get there.
Xtralarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 03:43 PM   #48
Zoomerang
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citystar31 View Post
Sounds like the same company. I feel completely comfortable waiting and am not worried about this AD going under... just with all the incoming posts I’m starting to worry I may have gotten duped into paying for a watch they don’t have! Hope and think that’s not the case though since my invoice has the serial number on it..
I think you are safe, especially if you paid with AMEX. I'd still ask them for a picture of the warranty card with your name on it, unless they would wait until you pick it up to register it with Rolex.

Welcome to TRF!
Zoomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 06:26 PM   #49
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Being AD means nothing, Still could go belly up .
My worry too....no way would i be able to sleep with this arrangement but good luck hope it works out well
Old 17 April 2020, 07:09 PM   #50
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric View Post
Call me crazy but I would be nervous about any money held at a business in a 3rd world country.
Mexico is not a Third World country by any modern or historic definition.

Sent from my Motorola bagphone
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 09:17 PM   #51
Citystar31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
If you take a step back and think just how ridiculous this sounds, sending thousands of dollars to a corrupt county in the hope they'll let you have one of the most sought after watches on the planet. All this at the start of the worst pandemic and economic downturn in living memory, and you cant even get there until international travel restarts, that could be next year! You'll be looking at empty shops by the time you get there.
This makes it sound like I just sent money with no intentions! Yes, I can’t pick it up right now but it’s still a “purchase” of said goods and is sitting in the safe waiting! I mean it’s really no different than any other time considering they never ship and it might take a little until you can travel to pick it up! I am aware of the uncertainty regarding the current world situation but this is a very reputable company and I was comfortable enough to make the purchase.
Old 18 April 2020, 12:19 AM   #52
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtralarg View Post
if you take a step back and think just how ridiculous this sounds, sending thousands of dollars to a corrupt county in the hope they'll let you have one of the most sought after watches on the planet. All this at the start of the worst pandemic and economic downturn in living memory, and you cant even get there until international travel restarts, that could be next year! You'll be looking at empty shops by the time you get there.
+1
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 02:01 AM   #53
WCHROLX
Banned

congratulation already, I won't worry if i were you.
WCHROLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 02:07 AM   #54
Maverick_1908
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
Mexico is not a Third World country by any modern or historic definition.

Sent from my Motorola bagphone

A lot of ignorance in this forum unfortunately.

Maverick_1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 02:48 AM   #55
Meyrin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 14060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj3209 View Post
In this current environment, I would be nervous giving a 100% deposit for ANYTHING, much less a Rolex!

Absolutely! I can't believe that people are actually doing this...!!
Meyrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 03:10 AM   #56
novae500
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Update. One employee has said Finks has lost Rolex. Another forum member reached out and got opposite answer. I hope they get to retain Rolex ad.
Does that explain the emptiness of their rolex showcase before the shutdown? I only saw a few datejust. Maybe they do have some in the safe that are for VIPS??

i'm 10 min from the dulles location

326933 SkyDweller, 126711 GMT II CHNR
12600 DeepSea Seadweller
14060 No Date Submariner
16710 GMT II Pepsi N-Series, Coke F Series
novae500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 03:13 AM   #57
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Kool man
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 03:15 AM   #58
maveric
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_1908 View Post
A lot of ignorance in this forum unfortunately.
Agreed. It’s like some people think that being an AD magically protects them from business failure.
maveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 03:29 AM   #59
Mohawkman450
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
I’ve been offered 2 JC from Mexico tourist AD! one in end of December an one I pre payed for on vacation in January an it came in last week ! Both required full wire transfers an they hold it till u go on vacation ! It’s sucks because you cannot use a credit card an not get the tax back Or all benefits from using your card ! The one in December the AD offered it to me 3 days before I was going to be in town on vacation an would not hold it unless I paid in full wire transfers ! Mind u I was pretty mad cause I’ve purchases a few Rolex before all the craze ,panerai an Breitling over years an I was going to be there in 3 days witch I was willing to make the credit card purchase ! An would have gotten back 8.9%tax with using a credit card because tax is included in the price listed in Mexico?. So I passed on that one . They told me in Rolex it’s full payment by wire only ! So no one is gonna get lucky on these pieces with the tax ! Unless u pre pay the watch before you leave from vacation! then do the tax back an wait till one comes ! That’s what I did!!! Good way to save 8.9% so next winter January I’ll pick one up
Mohawkman450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 04:04 AM   #60
Citystar31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawkman450 View Post
I’ve been offered 2 JC from Mexico tourist AD! one in end of December an one I pre payed for on vacation in January an it came in last week ! Both required full wire transfers an they hold it till u go on vacation ! It’s sucks because you cannot use a credit card an not get the tax back Or all benefits from using your card ! The one in December the AD offered it to me 3 days before I was going to be in town on vacation an would not hold it unless I paid in full wire transfers ! Mind u I was pretty mad cause I’ve purchases a few Rolex before all the craze ,panerai an Breitling over years an I was going to be there in 3 days witch I was willing to make the credit card purchase ! An would have gotten back 8.9%tax with using a credit card because tax is included in the price listed in Mexico?. So I passed on that one . They told me in Rolex it’s full payment by wire only ! So no one is gonna get lucky on these pieces with the tax ! Unless u pre pay the watch before you leave from vacation! then do the tax back an wait till one comes ! That’s what I did!!! Good way to save 8.9% so next winter January I’ll pick one up
I was told by what I'm assuming is the same dealer that I had to pay with either wire transfer or AMEX... I obviously opted for the Amex option to make the purchase! Just have to wait in limbo for this all to clear so I can travel down to pick it up.