The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 September 2023, 04:50 AM   #3991
Audevache
"TRF" Member

I just ordered my first bespoke alligator strap for my 7900 from the local VC boutique.

Can't wait for a new look for my Overseas.
Audevache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 04:58 AM   #3992
wsrobert
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joustinh View Post
Please keep us posted! I had no idea you can order cordura straps outside of the Everest edition version.
It's not a stock strap to be clear. But working with Jean Rousseau and VC through the boutique, they can make just about anything you can imagine.
wsrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 05:00 AM   #3993
Spartans71
"TRF" Member

My wrist size is is about 7.25". I own an Overseas 7900. I have also tried on the 4500. I recently tried on the 5500 chrono. I know there are some difference in the dimensions, however once I put the watches on, I could not tell the difference in regards to size and how they wear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VC.jpg (156.0 KB, 1049 views)
Ulysse Nardin 3343-126LE-7/93
Spartans71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 08:30 AM   #3994
bpetty13
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Good afternoon VC Overseas owners! I'm a little late to the Overseas party (which seems will work in my favor as I know popularity and prices skyrocketed over the past few years, but now seem to be softening somewhat). I unfortunately had never really looked at Vacheron and their offerings before (shame on me!), but I am really attracted to the Overseas line. Specifically, the 4500V model. Over the past few weeks I have read through this entire 100 page thread and watched countless videos/reviews of the 4500V Overseas on Youtube. It seems to be an incredibly versatile piece and a stunner to boot! I absolutely love the ability to swap out the bracelet for the included straps via the quick change system. I love watches on rubber straps, especially for the summers here in Texas where it gets so hot and humid. I'm still trying to work out my preference on dial color, but I have narrowed it down to blue or black. I really like them both for different reasons. The blue is amazing (arguably the best blue dial out there) and I love how it changes from a dark blue, almost black, to a bright sunburst blue depending on the lighting. I like really how inky the black dial looks and I think it would probably be a little more understated and fitting for daily wear. So I'm torn on which I prefer.

Now the dilemma. If you look at my current collection in my signature you will see that I only own sports watches (and I'm aware there is redundancy). Sports watches just fit my day-to-day life better. I like all 6 of my current watches. However, with that said, the only ones that are being worn are the Daytonas & GMTs. I haven't worn my 116610LN Sub a single time in the past 3-4 years and the Hulk has maybe been worn 5 times during that same time period. Therefore, I'm considering selling or trading them towards the 4500V Overseas. I really like the versatility the Overseas would bring and the flexibility the additional straps would allow for. What do you think? If you had my current Rolex collection, would you move the 2 Subs for the 4500V Overseas?
126710 BLNR
116610 LV
116610 LN

Sent from my  iPhone
bpetty13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 09:13 AM   #3995
Jmaguire17
"TRF" Member

I would say that subs should be pretty easy to re-acquire even if grey. The Vacheron OS are probably the most versatile of all my watches with a bracelet or easily switching to rubber for a different look and feel. I would go with blue as the dial is truly stunning!
Jmaguire17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 12:06 AM   #3996
bravodeltawhiskey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetty13 View Post
Good afternoon VC Overseas owners! I'm a little late to the Overseas party (which seems will work in my favor as I know popularity and prices skyrocketed over the past few years, but now seem to be softening somewhat). I unfortunately had never really looked at Vacheron and their offerings before (shame on me!), but I am really attracted to the Overseas line. Specifically, the 4500V model. Over the past few weeks I have read through this entire 100 page thread and watched countless videos/reviews of the 4500V Overseas on Youtube. It seems to be an incredibly versatile piece and a stunner to boot! I absolutely love the ability to swap out the bracelet for the included straps via the quick change system. I love watches on rubber straps, especially for the summers here in Texas where it gets so hot and humid. I'm still trying to work out my preference on dial color, but I have narrowed it down to blue or black. I really like them both for different reasons. The blue is amazing (arguably the best blue dial out there) and I love how it changes from a dark blue, almost black, to a bright sunburst blue depending on the lighting. I like really how inky the black dial looks and I think it would probably be a little more understated and fitting for daily wear. So I'm torn on which I prefer.

Now the dilemma. If you look at my current collection in my signature you will see that I only own sports watches (and I'm aware there is redundancy). Sports watches just fit my day-to-day life better. I like all 6 of my current watches. However, with that said, the only ones that are being worn are the Daytonas & GMTs. I haven't worn my 116610LN Sub a single time in the past 3-4 years and the Hulk has maybe been worn 5 times during that same time period. Therefore, I'm considering selling or trading them towards the 4500V Overseas. I really like the versatility the Overseas would bring and the flexibility the additional straps would allow for. What do you think? If you had my current Rolex collection, would you move the 2 Subs for the 4500V Overseas?
The 4500 is a great watch and the strap versatility is awesome. I have 4500 black and 7900 blue. Here's the 4500 black with a few strap options. Check Instagram for lots of pix too (search 4500 black, blue, etc). Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (55.9 KB, 979 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (84.4 KB, 993 views)
bravodeltawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 01:42 AM   #3997
yossariansdog
"TRF" Member

I have a 4500v with a silver dial. Great watch, very versatile.
yossariansdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 10:24 AM   #3998
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetty13 View Post

I would consider the 4500V a sport watch as well. You could easily sell off one of your Daytonas and move that into a 4500V with minimal $ on top from your side. Worthwhile IMO since you have both dials of the reference!
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 03:19 AM   #3999
AstroMan
"TRF" Member

VC overseas lugs 🤔

Hi do you guys notice the lugs on overseas different? I swap my bracelet to rubber. I found out the top lugs at 12 the strap would go hanging way down, differnt from the bottom lugs. I wish VC made both the same , as i like the way it fits bottom lugs. I dont like the way it fits on my wrist🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔.... do you guys have the same issues?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_7008.jpeg (108.0 KB, 851 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_7007.jpeg (142.3 KB, 857 views)
AstroMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 06:37 AM   #4000
zen123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroMan View Post
Hi do you guys notice the lugs on overseas different? I swap my bracelet to rubber. I found out the top lugs at 12 the strap would go hanging way down, differnt from the bottom lugs. I wish VC made both the same , as i like the way it fits bottom lugs. I dont like the way it fits on my wrist.... do you guys have the same issues?
No such problem with mine

Sent from my SM-F731B using Tapatalk
zen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 07:01 AM   #4001
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi do you guys notice the lugs on overseas different? I swap my bracelet to rubber. I found out the top lugs at 12 the strap would go hanging way down, differnt from the bottom lugs. I wish VC made both the same , as i like the way it fits bottom lugs. I dont like the way it fits on my wrist��������������.... do you guys have the same issues?
Is it the issue with the strap instead of the lugs? Or is the bars on your top lug loose or bended? I also don’t see some hanging down like your picture. However, I did have the bar come out at the 6 o’clock soon after I received my watch and VC had to fix it. You might want to check you straps by trying the leather or check the bar to make sure it’s bended.

Actually one of the complains specifically on using the rubber strap is that it “flair out” on smaller or flat wrist like mind, and doesn’t look good especially when you look at the top. Some YouTubers argue that the 4300V PC ultra-thin fits smaller wrists better than the 4500V/7900V because of its ability to hang down. So maybe you watch has a “special feature” but unfortunately only on one side…

BTW, is that the Zurich boutique edition? Very nice…
Old 2 October 2023, 11:11 AM   #4002
AstroMan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster View Post
Is it the issue with the strap instead of the lugs? Or is the bars on your top lug loose or bended? I also don’t see some hanging down like your picture. However, I did have the bar come out at the 6 o’clock soon after I received my watch and VC had to fix it. You might want to check you straps by trying the leather or check the bar to make sure it’s bended.

Actually one of the complains specifically on using the rubber strap is that it “flair out” on smaller or flat wrist like mind, and doesn’t look good especially when you look at the top. Some YouTubers argue that the 4300V PC ultra-thin fits smaller wrists better than the 4500V/7900V because of its ability to hang down. So maybe you watch has a “special feature” but unfortunately only on one side…

BTW, is that the Zurich boutique edition? Very nice…
Thanks for all your advice.. yes it is Zurich edition. Even when i use the steel bracelet the top lug also show the bracelet hanging down but not on bottom lug.
I will bring it to VC and had them check. I Dont feel like "special feature" hahahah
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 3 October 2023, 05:13 AM   #4003
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for all your advice.. yes it is Zurich edition. Even when i use the steel bracelet the top lug also show the bracelet hanging down but not on bottom lug.
I will bring it to VC and had them check. I Dont feel like "special feature" hahahah
🤣🤣🤣🤣
That seems like a manufacturing defect. Both the 12 and 6 lugs should hold the straps/bracelet the same way and drop in the same manner.

It could be that the attachment mechanism is bent or deformed, or just plain manufactured incorrectly.

Had it just been the rubber strap, I would have said it's a strap problem, but since it's happening with both strap and bracelet, then it's a watch case problem.

I have a similar issue with my GO bracelet. One side is free moving and drop straight down. The other feels resistance and doesn't droop down as nicely.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 01:38 PM   #4004
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

Here is my 7900V on rubber as a comparison
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MicrosoftTeams-image (4).jpg (87.4 KB, 691 views)
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 11:11 PM   #4005
shurik97
"TRF" Member

Winder Recommendation for 5500V

Just got a pair of 5500V and love the piece. I am new to VC, so wondering if there is any recommendation from this group on the winder to use for this watch?
shurik97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2023, 01:32 AM   #4006
dal1234
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP,VC,SUB,GMT,PAN
Picked this up yesterday, wow i am in love
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3950.jpeg (147.1 KB, 658 views)
dal1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2023, 01:41 AM   #4007
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Compliments for such a beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal1234 View Post
Picked this up yesterday, wow i am in love
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2023, 01:45 AM   #4008
dal1234
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP,VC,SUB,GMT,PAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
Compliments for such a beauty!
Thank you
dal1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2023, 04:53 AM   #4009
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi do you guys notice the lugs on overseas different? I swap my bracelet to rubber. I found out the top lugs at 12 the strap would go hanging way down, differnt from the bottom lugs. I wish VC made both the same , as i like the way it fits bottom lugs. I dont like the way it fits on my wrist.... do you guys have the same issues?
My guess is the clip mechanism on one side of the strap is out of line as the strap doesn't appear "integrated" on the side that hangs down straight. It looks like it is coming away from the case slightly which is allowing it to pivot around the bar in the case? My strap follows the lines of the case, right up tight to it, and flares out evenly.

I don't think the straps are that well made to be honest. One side of my blue rubber is super stiff to attach and detach. I have a white rubber OEM too which is much slicker.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 7 October 2023, 09:04 AM   #4010
watcharcher88
"TRF" Member

Whats the wait for 4500v blue like for others in the US? Been waiting for over two years.
watcharcher88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2023, 06:14 PM   #4011
AstroMan
"TRF" Member

Update on my overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
My guess is the clip mechanism on one side of the strap is out of line as the strap doesn't appear "integrated" on the side that hangs down straight. It looks like it is coming away from the case slightly which is allowing it to pivot around the bar in the case? My strap follows the lines of the case, right up tight to it, and flares out evenly.

I don't think the straps are that well made to be honest. One side of my blue rubber is super stiff to attach and detach. I have a white rubber OEM too which is much slicker.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I have sent the watch to VC boutique for them to take a look. They tried my rubber and bracelet to their display watch and both were fine. Now they switch back their bracelet and rubber to my watch. And one side still hanging down
My guess is there si something wrong with the screw lugs or missalligned from the factory. So now I just have to wait patiently for their updates

Thanks for the comment and pic👍👍
Old 13 October 2023, 01:01 PM   #4012
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Another dial color question for the audience here. Looking to expand from a 4500 rose gold with blue dial to include a dual time 7900. I've tried the black dial which I loved but feel like I need to wait for the blue dial.

I'm looking for a casual daily wearer as I don't wear the gold version often. The black seemed like it is very versatile and would look great on so many different straps. The blue looks like it might not be as interesting since it doesn't have any additional color on the dial or hands, maybe less sporty/casual is a better way to put it.

So I really enjoy the black but the blue appears to be more popular, I haven't tried it in person, and I wonder if I'm missing something. Any opinions welcome, thanks!
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 10:38 PM   #4013
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
Another dial color question for the audience here. Looking to expand from a 4500 rose gold with blue dial to include a dual time 7900. I've tried the black dial which I loved but feel like I need to wait for the blue dial.

I'm looking for a casual daily wearer as I don't wear the gold version often. The black seemed like it is very versatile and would look great on so many different straps. The blue looks like it might not be as interesting since it doesn't have any additional color on the dial or hands, maybe less sporty/casual is a better way to put it.

So I really enjoy the black but the blue appears to be more popular, I haven't tried it in person, and I wonder if I'm missing something. Any opinions welcome, thanks!

I also have a blue dial 4500v and waiting on a black dial dualtime 7900v. The red gmt hand just pops on the black dial. I would put a red strap with it to make it really stand out. Especially since you already have a blue dial, I would change it up.
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 11:14 PM   #4014
Audevache
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Have you considered the silver dial? It is the most “under the radar” of the three versions but IMHO the most beautiful, with the lovely sunburst. It is hard to reproduce in pics (I’ve tried below) but in real life it truly shines. All the lovely details of the dial including the red AM/PM indicator just pop.

It can be dressed up or down depending on the strap and bracelet. I wear it a lot on the black rubber, but have just ordered a bespoke blue alligator strap from my VC boutique to make it a bit more formal.

Audevache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 05:29 AM   #4015
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audevache View Post
Have you considered the silver dial? It is the most “under the radar” of the three versions but IMHO the most beautiful, with the lovely sunburst. It is hard to reproduce in pics (I’ve tried below) but in real life it truly shines. All the lovely details of the dial including the red AM/PM indicator just pop.

It can be dressed up or down depending on the strap and bracelet. I wear it a lot on the black rubber, but have just ordered a bespoke blue alligator strap from my VC boutique to make it a bit more formal.

100% agree!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0480.jpeg (260.3 KB, 397 views)
gmtmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 12:07 PM   #4016
DonAltabello
"TRF" Member

Watch: VCO Dual time
Quote:

I have a blue 7900 but I sometimes regret not getting the black one instead. The black one looks fantastic as well. I would definitely go for the black one if I already had a blue 4500.
DonAltabello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 01:54 PM   #4017
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
Especially since you already have a blue dial, I would change it up.
Kinda where I find myself leaning. The red would be a really sporty pairing. Hope yours arrives soon!
Old 14 October 2023, 01:58 PM   #4018
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audevache View Post

That is one great looking watch! But I find myself not wearing my lighter dialed watches much so worry this would have the same fate. It also strikes me as a little more classic out of the bunch whereas I'm looking for a daily beater that can remain under the radar.

Feeling a little self-conscious these days stepping out with a Rolex on and feel like times are getting harder for many so don't want a target on my wrist.
Old 14 October 2023, 01:59 PM   #4019
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtmister View Post
100% agree!
Okay that one is in its element on the bracelet!
Old 14 October 2023, 02:01 PM   #4020
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAltabello View Post
I have a blue 7900 but I sometimes regret not getting the black one instead. The black one looks fantastic as well. I would definitely go for the black one if I already had a blue 4500.
Thank you for the insight from a blue dial owner. Have you tried them both and/or had them side-by-side?

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin