The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 May 2024, 09:04 AM   #1
boychild
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I like and would keep the TT DJ you own. No reason to move it along. It has a cool 70's-80's vibe and is a true classic in my opinion. I think that there is room in your collection to add one, even if just temporarily, to your three watch combo. I like the SS DJ on jubilee with the fluted bezel. Dial color, silver or white, maybe blue if you need color. Totally different and a very clean look. It is all about having fun and enjoying yourself and that would be fun to me. Let us know what you decide.

Yes, definitely keeping the TT. I own the 16700 and Sub-C so there are sporty models in the collection. The TT DJ is the most iconic and recognizable piece. My mom's 69173 was the reason why I bought the 16233 in the first place.
boychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 11:09 AM   #2
Jim_K
"TRF" Member

I'm in a similar situation as you but kind of in reverse.

I have a 16220 DJ that was my first rolex 27 years ago, I'll never get rid of it. It was a 30th bday present from my wife, I was wearing it when my son was born etc.

I've had the itch for a modern datejust, would go rose gold / steel, with either a white or slate/rhodium dial.

But I have been having 2 datejusts, even though neo vintage vs modern, all steel vs TT.

What are everyones thoughts? OK to have 2 DJ's?

Good decision on keeping your tt dj. They are so comfortable and classic. When I slip mine on it feels like putting on an old broken in pair of blue jeans.
Jim_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 05:02 AM   #3
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Coveting 126234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_K View Post
I'm in a similar situation as you but kind of in reverse.

I have a 16220 DJ that was my first rolex 27 years ago, I'll never get rid of it. It was a 30th bday present from my wife, I was wearing it when my son was born etc.

I've had the itch for a modern datejust, would go rose gold / steel, with either a white or slate/rhodium dial.

But I have been having 2 datejusts, even though neo vintage vs modern, all steel vs TT.

What are everyones thoughts? OK to have 2 DJ's?

Good decision on keeping your tt dj. They are so comfortable and classic. When I slip mine on it feels like putting on an old broken in pair of blue jeans.

Of course it’s OK to have 2 Datejusts. Look at how many members have multiple GMTs. I have a Wimbledon TT on oyster with fluted bezel and mint green on Jubilee with fluted bezel. Buy what you want!

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote