The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 1 January 2024, 10:01 AM   #1
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Farewell 2023 and 2024 Watch Resolutions

As we bid farewell to 2023 and welcome the dawn of a new year, let us take a moment to reflect on the journey we have undertaken together.

This past year has been filled with challenges and triumphs for our TRF’ers, but through it all - more often than not by a wide margin, we have witnessed the remarkable resilience of the members’ spirit of community.

In the face of adversity, we have seen countless acts of kindness and compassion, reminding us of the power of solidarity and empathy.

Strangers turned into friends, a community united in support, and individuals reached out to lend a helping thought - and many times a helping hand. In these acts of generosity, we have witnessed the beauty of humanity shining brightly.

I would like to express heartfelt gratitude to our sponsors of the Rolex Forum, whose unwavering support has allowed us to have meaningful “activities”, not to mention expanded PM capacity.

Steve’s commitment to fostering a platform for dialogue and knowledge sharing is truly commendable.

I would also like to extend my deepest appreciation to the moderators who have dedicated their time and efforts to ensure the friendly nature of the forum. Your dedication, guidance, and commitment to maintaining a respectful and inclusive environment have been instrumental in creating a space where ideas can flourish and positivity can thrive.

As we step into 2024, let us carry with us the lessons learned and the values that have been exemplified throughout this year.

Let us continue to embrace resilience, kindness, generosity, and thankfulness in our daily - albeit virtual - lives here.

Together, we can keep a small digital corner of a huge real-life world where compassion and understanding prevail, where we uplift one another and build a better community here. May your year ahead be filled with hope, joy, and new opportunities.

Let us embrace the unknown future with open hearts and minds towards our SAs and ADs and the Ateliers. I know that together, we can overcome the obstacles that may come our way.

Farewell, 2023, and welcome, new Resolutions!

What are yours?

I will find a Patek Complication somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 10:06 AM   #2
THC

Watch: 16610M
Health is all I wish for every year.. Happy New Year to everyone
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 10:25 AM   #3
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

Definitely been a challenging year personally. I wish that 2024 brings much better luck and times for everyone! Better luck, health, wealth, and watches!

As for watches, I’ve obtained my grail watch from Rolex (Daytona) so there isn’t a huge need for others. With that said, I’d like to add two of the following in the next year: Omega Speedmaster 57 with either blue or green dial, Rolex GMT Pepsi, and JLC Reverso Tribute Duoface (this is pretty much a guaranteed to be in the collection).
ThatOtherGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 10:31 AM   #4
emersm

Watch: Rolex
Cheers to a healthy, happy and prosperous 2024!
emersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 07:25 PM   #5
Watch-Geek
2024 Pledge Member

Happy 2024 to everyone and hope health serves you right, as everything else you can either buy or steal

As for watches, last year marked me getting pretty much every watch I wanted when I started this hobby including a 90's Casio Triple sensor I used to gaze in shop windows when I was a kid. It was my ever first grail, as I couldn't afford it back then.

"Rounding up" the collection has made me happy as now I no longer have "plans" and Don't have to flip watches to get the "next grail" which means I can enjoy this hobby and keep watches I would usually sell to fund the next BIG purchase!

That also means my collection is wildly diverse, and some might say "messy" but I don't care as each and every one of those watches puts a huge smile when I strap it on!

And I wish you all the same, to buy watches you fall in love with and not ones that you like the hype they generate.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk
Watch-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 09:06 PM   #6
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Happy new year everyone!!

For resolutions my most important is getting my son healthy to come home from the hospital, and balance my work and life such that I get to really soak in this first year with him.

With that in mind I imagine surplus money for watches will be lower, so maybe an Omega SMP white dial for a beach / pool watch, but honestly I might just add the swatch / blancpain collab for a pool watch and call it a year. My collection is in a great place to pause on watches and focus on other things. If I have a banner 2024 and the funds allow I’d love to add a WG sub, so we’ll see!

Cheers my friends
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 09:22 PM   #7
Brenngun

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Very well said Paul.

My only hope for 2024 is health and happiness for both my family and friends. My only resolution is to continue losing weight to give my knees a break (90 lbs in 2023).

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 11:18 PM   #8
walds11
"TRF" Member

Health and wealth! HNY all!
Old 2 January 2024, 12:25 AM   #9
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
I really didn't wear my Rolex more than a handful of times in 2023. While my main resolutions are for improving health and financial well being for myself and family, a purely selfish resolution might be to wear my Rolex more often and of course pausing for gratitude.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 01:00 AM   #10
Yobber76

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
I can't remember ever making a resolution. It's January 1st, and I woke up this morning, that's good enough. Now I should do something with the day to make it a success, whatever success is.

Tomorrow is a gift I haven't received yet. And so it goes.
Yobber76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 02:47 AM   #11
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Just bored sitting around the house. I thought of going outside but what's the point. Maybe I'll order a new..............nah......where's the remote?

Have a great new year everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg xxx.jpeg (264.7 KB, 158 views)
Old 2 January 2024, 02:53 AM   #12
Ellz
2024 Pledge Member

Beautifully stated :-) thank you!
Ellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 03:47 AM   #13
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C Date, Pepsi
2023 was special for me and I look to challenge of having 2024 top it!
REQUIEMnJADED4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 04:11 AM   #14
alllexandru

Wish you all the very best for 2024!
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 10:46 AM   #15
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

More happiness.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 04:10 PM   #16
BBL
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD-YG/DJ/Breitling
Hi Paul... like your year end monologue. Always an interesting read. Happy New Year to you and yours!

For me: Be more prayerful and praiseful.

And I don't need more watches (love the ones I am blessed to have), instead hope to rehome one of them for someone else to enjoy.

BBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 04:49 PM   #17
Andad

Watch: A few.
Hi Paul,

I expected more.

Thanks,

Edward.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 12:02 AM   #18
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
2024 is going to be a big year for me: resigned from my current employer yesterday to join some former colleagues in our own venture. I’m nervous but excited!

Also, my wife, son, and I are expecting a little girl in July. We lost one in 2023 so we’re nervous, but excited. (There’s a theme here)

Watch resolution: depending on how the new venture goes, I’d like to buy each of the three other partners a watch and engrave it with XXX, Founding Partner. None of them are watch guys so I’m thinking the classic dressy/sporty Tudor 1926, with its solid caseback will be perfect!

I hope you all have a wonderful start to 2024!
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 12:18 AM   #19
mtrunner
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126508 Paul Newman
Well said Paul and Happy New Year everyone! Personally 2023 was an amazing year for career wise and financially and I hope more is to come in 2024.

I rewarded myself this past week with a new Daytona 126508 Paul Newman. Super excited for my first all gold Rolex but this has created a bit of a monster in me. I now love the feel of the all gold watch on my wrist so I plan to work towards a white gold watch in 2024. Model to be determined.
mtrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 12:02 PM   #20
77T

Thanks to everyone for your share of mind and heart.

My goal is to be able to make this a journey of appreciation - hope any others who chime-in will be like-minded as all of you.

Stay safe - I’m heading to races in FLA. Season starts this weekend. The December break was all too short.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 10:25 PM   #21
Ryanbraimb
Banned

Health is wealth they say, we should all pray for good health.
Ryanbraimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 10:30 PM   #22
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Health is all I wish for every year.. Happy New Year to everyone

To that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
As we bid farewell to 2023 and welcome the dawn of a new year, let us take a moment to reflect on the journey we have undertaken together.

This past year has been filled with challenges and triumphs for our TRF’ers, but through it all - more often than not by a wide margin, we have witnessed the remarkable resilience of the members’ spirit of community.

In the face of adversity, we have seen countless acts of kindness and compassion, reminding us of the power of solidarity and empathy.

Strangers turned into friends, a community united in support, and individuals reached out to lend a helping thought - and many times a helping hand. In these acts of generosity, we have witnessed the beauty of humanity shining brightly.

I would like to express heartfelt gratitude to our sponsors of the Rolex Forum, whose unwavering support has allowed us to have meaningful “activities”, not to mention expanded PM capacity.

Steve’s commitment to fostering a platform for dialogue and knowledge sharing is truly commendable.

I would also like to extend my deepest appreciation to the moderators who have dedicated their time and efforts to ensure the friendly nature of the forum. Your dedication, guidance, and commitment to maintaining a respectful and inclusive environment have been instrumental in creating a space where ideas can flourish and positivity can thrive.

As we step into 2024, let us carry with us the lessons learned and the values that have been exemplified throughout this year.

Let us continue to embrace resilience, kindness, generosity, and thankfulness in our daily - albeit virtual - lives here.

Together, we can keep a small digital corner of a huge real-life world where compassion and understanding prevail, where we uplift one another and build a better community here. May your year ahead be filled with hope, joy, and new opportunities.

Let us embrace the unknown future with open hearts and minds towards our SAs and ADs and the Ateliers. I know that together, we can overcome the obstacles that may come our way.

Farewell, 2023, and welcome, new Resolutions!

What are yours?

I will find a Patek Complication somehow

TRF is a great community, I echo your sentiments Paul, thanks to Steve and our mods for their continued efforts.
Old 3 January 2024, 11:04 PM   #23
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Really wonderful post Paul, thank you for writing it and I share your sentiments (perhaps different resolutions)

It’s a big year for our family as 2024 will mean that both kiddos are off to university. We will be empty nesters for the first time (although Ava still comes home on weekends).

My wishes for 2024: good health, happiness and lots of laughs.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote