The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 December 2009, 05:31 PM   #1
crazyfingers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
So my friend came over...

I have a friend from school who came over for lunch the other day. Now lemme tell you a bit about this guy. Well, he loves to talk BIG and show off when almost 99% of the times its very very obvious he is lying. So he comes over and starts texting on his phone right away and then looks at me and say "My new Blackberry..." I just smiled and said "its nice" (I have one too but cheaper and he knew it). Not enough for him he adds, "its for $700". Still getting no reaction he continued to talk about his high paying Job and soon the conversation took an interesting turn when he started to talk about watches, Rolex in particular.
He said he was looking to buy a Rolex or a TAG but wasnt too sure about the dial size of the Rolex. So I suggested he could try mine on for size. He suddenly looked at me with an absolutely stunned expression on his face. "You have a Rolex???". I said yeah and showed my Sub to him. He barely had it in his hand for 5 secs when he just yelled out "FAKE!! You can't fool me!" and then to mine and my brother's (who is also into watches) amusement started pointing out things that he was certain aren't there on a real Rolex:
1) there is no engraving so it has to be fake
2) The clasp is flimsy - Fake!
2) The crown doesn't look right
3) The bezel looks fake
4) Movement looks fake
And this was coming from a guy who wears a cheap Timex
If that wasn't enough, that cheapskate bet $20 on it being a fake. He refused to believe me unless I could get an expert to prove that it was indeed a genuine Rolex. I told him I'll take that bet and in fact pay him $1000 if it was indeed a fake but all he has to do is pay to the RSC for the auntentication charges. Suddenly he muttered that he had to go meet someone urgently and refused to pay me the $20 and later had the audacity to call me and give a me a speech on why I should not buy fake products!
He just couldn't digest the fact that I could ever have a Rolex
Also he stopped showing off his Balckberry after that
crazyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote