The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 April 2024, 11:54 AM   #61
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barada7 View Post
Being closer to middle class, the waiting game can end up disheartening.

You wait forever for a watch you genuinely think you want, but then if it so happens you don’t bond with it, you’re somewhat stuck. Sell it privately, and the AD may think you’re flipping. Keep it, and you’re stuck with an expensive placeholder.

Either way you’re again back waiting forever for something you really hope you’ll love.
Not sure what this has to do with “middle class” or otherwise. Either you have the money to blow on something that nobody needs or you don’t. Why anyone would spend that kind of money without knowing for sure what they want is weird to me.

And yes, the whole “AD” thing is offputting. Why would Rolex or anyone care if somebody wants to “flip” watches? Just provide a transparent wait list and we can all move on and stop speculating.
I know exactly what I want for my next purchases. I’m never going to buy any jewelry or so. Not my thing and my wife doesn’t like much jewelry either. So that’s out of the question. The most I can imagine doing is buying another watch that would otherwise be next on my list (IWC, I’m looking at you). But even that is stupid not knowing if that AD will actually source the desired Rolex or ignore you (or go out of business as so many have).
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote