The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 February 2024, 02:05 PM   #31
lawyerdude
"TRF" Member

I put in a request for the DJ at 4 area AD’s in NJ. 1 sold me after a few months, 1 came to me with a different configuration than i asked for 1 tells me it will happen eventually and 1 I never heard from and going to visit them was always a difficult experience.
Old 8 February 2024, 02:15 AM   #32
EndlessEight
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdude View Post

Not sure about that. They just started a huge capex project to make Rolex happy. I have watched the thread and will say that they sold me the model the OP wants in a few months while the store at short hills hasn’t after almost 7 months. Despite being lovely everytime I came to visit. So, you never know.
Capital investment to sell Rolex means absolutely nothing to Rolex.

Rolex is ruthless.

The one AD I had a relationship with had just spent 300k on their showroom and Rolex pulled their status within the next 18 months.

Rolex is clearly moving to a boutique or large distributor footprint model, with retailers like Hartgers outside of that model. I've never been to Hartgers, I'm sure they are amazing to work with, but if I were trying to "build a relationship", I would not invest the time with them as I see them being phased out within the next 3 years.

Roman jewelers in Bridgewater and Hamilton in Princeton are other ADs I've researched, I see as being outside the Rolex business plan as well.

As for me, I plan to revisit Rolex in the future when the hype dies down and you can purchase things in the case (outside of Daytona). I played the AD games and won (Sub, Hulk, 2x BLROs, SD43, DJ, Yachtmaster, Milgauss, EXP 2 and passed on several others). But when I lost both of the ADs I worked with, it absolutely crushed my motivation to continue the time investment.

I have a bitter taste because I felt short of the Daytona, which I felt like would have been achieved if Rolex didn't pull my ADs grrr
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2024, 03:44 AM   #33
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdude View Post
I put in a request for the DJ at 4 area AD’s in NJ. 1 sold me after a few months, 1 came to me with a different configuration than i asked for 1 tells me it will happen eventually and 1 I never heard from and going to visit them was always a difficult experience.
What did you ask for and get?
And at which AD and when?
Congrats on getting one.
Thanks
GrailTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2024, 04:57 AM   #34
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Has any board member done business with London Jewelers at the Short Hills Mall in NJ??

What was your experience like?
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2024, 05:00 AM   #35
Beo3
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Has any board member done business with London Jewelers at the Short Hills Mall in NJ??

What was your experience like?
Went in right after covid where they had a list and line. When I said if they had the watch I wanted for my wife I would buy it and be out in under ten minutes.
They did allow me entrance, but did not have what I wanted.

A second time I went in (post covid) the staff was nothing short of accommodating. Had a great conversation with one of the salesmen for over an hour.
Beo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 02:43 AM   #36
rufio0811
"TRF" Member

Watch: love em all
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post
Capital investment to sell Rolex means absolutely nothing to Rolex.

Rolex is ruthless.

The one AD I had a relationship with had just spent 300k on their showroom and Rolex pulled their status within the next 18 months.

Rolex is clearly moving to a boutique or large distributor footprint model, with retailers like Hartgers outside of that model. I've never been to Hartgers, I'm sure they are amazing to work with, but if I were trying to "build a relationship", I would not invest the time with them as I see them being phased out within the next 3 years.

Roman jewelers in Bridgewater and Hamilton in Princeton are other ADs I've researched, I see as being outside the Rolex business plan as well.

As for me, I plan to revisit Rolex in the future when the hype dies down and you can purchase things in the case (outside of Daytona). I played the AD games and won (Sub, Hulk, 2x BLROs, SD43, DJ, Yachtmaster, Milgauss, EXP 2 and passed on several others). But when I lost both of the ADs I worked with, it absolutely crushed my motivation to continue the time investment.

I have a bitter taste because I felt short of the Daytona, which I felt like would have been achieved if Rolex didn't pull my ADs grrr
Roman and Hamilton are my 2 closest local ADs. Hamilton is great, Roman not so much. Leonardo in Metuchen also as close but have yet to visit.

If you're looking to "build a relationship" I would avoid Roman. The only watches they sell are Rolex & Tissot, nothing in between. All of the Tissot they sell can be purchased from at least 4 different shops in the mall across the street for much less.

I've been to Roman 4 times and was underwhelmed. Last time I was there was to get my BLNR sized and the SA helping me was abrasive once learning I didn't purchase from them.
rufio0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 03:38 AM   #37
Dayhvac
"TRF" Member

Had terrible experience with Hartger. Always felt like you are bothering them

Bought my wife a ladies rolex and a diamond necklace and couldn't get a datejust for myself

I'll never shop there again
Dayhvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 03:39 AM   #38
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
the Rolex Boutique in the Short Hills Mall, in NJ, 1200 Morris Turnpike
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 04:17 AM   #39
Erivera42
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ ll and Sub 41
Try Lee Perla in Riverside Square mall, Hackensack N.J. Excellent customer service!
Erivera42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 11:12 PM   #40
rufio0811
"TRF" Member

Watch: love em all
Hamilton Jewelers in Princeton is great

Leonardo Jewelers in Metuchen and Red Bank are also great.

My other recs have already been mentioned, good luck
rufio0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 11:26 PM   #41
Joearch
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
I nave had good experience at Hamilton in Princeton.
Joearch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 12:02 AM   #42
ACepero
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
I'll share a quick story about the Bucherer in Bryant Park.

I owned a black face Explorer II at the time and was looking to trade that in for a polar Explorer II. I walked into the shop in Bryant Park and luckily they had a polar Explorer II in their pre-owned case. I asked the SA to consider taking my piece to acquire the Explorer II - not necessarily one for one swap - but just let me know what my piece would trade in for and what I would need to come up with to make the swap.

The SA takes my piece to the back to have the watchmaker look at it. Comes out 15 minutes later and says that they are not taking any black face Explorer II's for trades for a few months. Hands me back my watch with the wrong date, time, and crown unscrewed. "Come back in a few months."

I took a walk over to Time Machine. I presented them with the same ask. Trading in my black face for a polar. The SA assessed my watch in five minutes. I was happy with their number. Put it towards the polar and they even let me send in the papers and card via mail so we could do the exchange right then and there.

On another occasion, I walked into Bryant Park to look at pre-owned GMT's. They had four associates working that day. Neither one greeted me, approached me, or asked me if I needed assistance.

Needless to say I've had very positive experiences with Time Machine. The boutique in Short Hills has been hit or miss. When I've approached the boutique to view and consider purchasing a specific piece, it has been bad. When I asked them look into a bracelet for a piece I was wearing, they were very helpful. The velvet rope and line to wait is very off putting. And, when you do approach the "bouncer" on being granted "access" to the boutique, they make no effort to hide the fact that they are looking to see what's currently on your wrist.
ACepero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 12:13 PM   #43
BobMcD
"TRF" Member

London Rolex Boutique in Short Hills Mall. Ask for Hany!
BobMcD is offline   Reply With Quote