The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 December 2005, 11:33 AM   #1
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Hello from a newbie

Hey guys, long time first time. I stumbled across this site while doing some research on a 116520 white face Daytona.

Currently my collection consists of a Breitling Crosswind Special, Panerai 111H, and a SS Submariner Date.

I was doing some research on the Daytona per pricing and the wait list. See I am engaged and my kick ass fiancée said she would get me the 116520 white face as a wedding gift . Since that won't be for another year, I figured I should get on a wait list asap and hope that in 8-14 months my lucky number is called.

I've spoke to my AD (who I have a strong relationship with) and he assured me that when we get close to the date I will have the watch. I'm really hoping it's a BNIB white face for MSRP, but I guess if it's a slightly used black face for more than MSRP I won't cry about it.

Anywho great to be part of this terrific forum, I look forward to getting to know you guys and learn new info on these exquisite watches

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2005, 11:39 AM   #2
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Hiya Spencer and welcome to the nut house Nice diverse collection you have there. Post some pics when you get a chance. BTW, we have a few Paneristi here too
BruceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2005, 11:58 AM   #3
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceS
Hiya Spencer and welcome to the nut house Nice diverse collection you have there. Post some pics when you get a chance. BTW, we have a few Paneristi here too
Definitly a Paneristi here. I have a pretty pooey digital camera, hopefully a new Canon Power Shot S80 will come my way soon, then I'l post some quality pics.

Old 23 December 2005, 12:00 PM   #4
dina
"TRF" Member

Hi Spencer. Welcome to the forum
dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2005, 12:34 PM   #5
kingblackbolt
"TRF" Member

Welcome Spencer,

You have a great collection there, I really like that crosswind! Hope to see some pics soon as you get your new digi-cam...

“Hail to the king, baby" Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)
kingblackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2005, 02:46 PM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hey Spencer,

A BIG welcome to TRF. We would love to see pics of your watches.

Meanwhile, I would like to know how on earth you've managed to have a "strong relationship with your AD"? All I can manage is a few subtle glimpses at their cleavages!!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2005, 03:44 PM   #7
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Hey Spencer,

A BIG welcome to TRF. We would love to see pics of your watches.

Meanwhile, I would like to know how on earth you've managed to have a "strong relationship with your AD"? All I can manage is a few subtle glimpses at their cleavages!!!
HAHA nice JJ!

Well I don't know if we have a "strong" relationship, but the owner of the store (he has three, www.polachecksjewelers.com) belongs to the same Country Club as my family, I attened college with the owners son, and in the past year I have bought a Submariner and a Cartier Roadster from him. I haven't exactly broke the bank with them, but I have dropped some decent coin.

Here is an awful picture of my three babies. As soon as I recieve my new digi cam I will snap some quality pics.

Old 23 December 2005, 03:48 PM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

LOL! Thanks for the pics, Spencer. A nice varied collection which should always keep you happy!!

However, better pictures would be welcome!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 23 December 2005, 03:50 PM   #9
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LOL! Thanks for the pics, Spencer. A nice varied collection which should always keep you happy!!

However, better pictures would be welcome!!
I know I know, the camera doesn't suck, but with close ups it blows. Only 3 mega pixles and it's about 5 years old, which in todays standards is ANCIENT!

Hopefully within a few months, probably more like a year, there will be a nice SS Dytona white or black face in that group.

Old 23 December 2005, 03:52 PM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer
I know I know, the camera doesn't suck, but with close ups it blows. Only 3 mega pixles and it's about 5 years old, which in todays standards is ANCIENT!

Hopefully within a few months, probably more like a year, there will be a nice SS Dytona white or black face in that group.
Good luck on the SS Daytona, Spencer. Just kiddin' about the pics....you'll have to get used to a lot of wisecracking around this place. The number of tossers we have now.....phew, I've lost count!!!

Old 23 December 2005, 04:02 PM   #11
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Welcome to TRF Spencer. You certainly have a nice collection and the Daytona would supplement it no end. I hope your time on the waiting list will be shorter than mine, which is going on for two and a half years.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2005, 04:06 PM   #12
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-AJ
Welcome to TRF Spencer. You certainly have a nice collection and the Daytona would supplement it no end. I hope your time on the waiting list will be shorter than mine, which is going on for two and a half years.
Seriously, Adrian, if you are craving so much after the Daytona, why not consider the TT version? I mean, it's just a thought....all the extra SOLID gold on the centre links and bezel....and, of course, you do love TT watches as is evident from the fact that you love your TT Black Sub!!!

Old 23 December 2005, 04:10 PM   #13
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
2 years

Say it ain't so? Here's to hoping that in '06 both of us are proud new owners of SS Daytona's

Old 23 December 2005, 06:50 PM   #14
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Welcome to TRF Spencer nice collection.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2005, 07:42 PM   #15
Southern Jessie

Hi Spencer

Just a quick point about the camera. In my experience it's not only about the number of pixels that determines the quality of the pictures taken. I have a digital Olympus SLR from 1999 - just 2.5 megapixels and yet it takes superb photos. I believe that Olympus cameras have amazing lenses - and it is the lens that is more important than the number of pixels. If you want to take great close ups and will really make use of your camera, consider getting an SLR digital camera where you have manual control (and also buy a tripod!)

Last edited by Southern Jessie; 23 December 2005 at 07:42 PM..
Southern Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2005, 07:45 PM   #16
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

...or you could send your watches over to me, Spencer and I shall, in turn, send you pictures that look like this!!! Of course, I get to keep the watches!!

Merry Christmas, all you tossers!!!

Old 23 December 2005, 08:48 PM   #17
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Seriously, Adrian, if you are craving so much after the Daytona, why not consider the TT version? I mean, it's just a thought....all the extra SOLID gold on the centre links and bezel....and, of course, you do love TT watches as is evident from the fact that you love your TT Black Sub!!!
The SS Daytona is the Holy Grail so I'll hang on. I could have bought a TT version ages ago but it does not have the same allure. I'm a patient person so no worries.

Member #10
Old 23 December 2005, 08:51 PM   #18
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer
2 years

Say it ain't so? Here's to hoping that in '06 both of us are proud new owners of SS Daytona's
The situation in the UK is bad, you have to spend thousands at a dealers just to get on a list. In your neck of the woods things should be a bit easier.

Member #10
Old 23 December 2005, 09:15 PM   #19
worktolivelife
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The situation in the UK is bad, you have to spend thousands at a dealers just to get on a list. In your neck of the woods things should be a bit easier.
just luck and location i reckon AJ the black one i got in weeks, and im no player! or hi roller!,

steve

Last edited by worktolivelife; 23 December 2005 at 11:41 PM..
worktolivelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2005, 11:24 PM   #20
Atomic

Hiya Spencer, welcome and nice collection. Sounds like your better half is the envy of most of us here, who's spouses think we're stark raving mad.
Old 23 December 2005, 11:38 PM   #21
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Let me add my welcome to TRF, Spenser. That's a very nice varied collection you have there. The Daytona will be a nice addition. Do stick around and partake of the fun and frolic here.

As for the Crosswind, not enough complications for me.

I've got an Olympus that I am loving (not quite as much as my all black GMT-II -as the rest of these tossers can attest to), but it's got almost all the complications I would want.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2005, 12:33 AM   #22
----

Welcome Spencer - good to have you on TRF!
Old 24 December 2005, 03:05 AM   #23
baseballduck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Welcome to TRF Spencer. Nice collection you have there.

Tyler
Member #84
baseballduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2005, 07:44 AM   #24
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone for the kind greeting and wishes. I am very happy with the nice little collection I have amassed over the past two years, nothing crazy, but I'm happy with it.

Per the digital camera, i know it's not all about mega pixels, and in fact the camera is an Olympus so I am aware of its quality lens. Basic point and shot pictures taken at about 7-10 feet are ok, but on close ups and anything detailed, it BLOWS. Plus with the holidays upon us, and my bday in 3 weeks, why not ask for one.

Old 25 December 2005, 07:46 AM   #25
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Oh yeah, just to show you how into this forum I have gotten, I am typing you from about 6500 ft. at the base of ther Jackson Hole ski resort. Just finished a great day of skiing wearing my sub

I noticed that the gentleman in charge of equpiment here at my hotel was wearing at 50th anniversary sub