The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 13 June 2024, 12:07 PM   #1
Jv1973
"TRF" Member

Need expert opinion on PP 5070G w blue 5070P dial

Hello,

Very new to forum, so thanks in advance for your help. Considering purchasing a PP 5070G full set. The watch has a blue dial from a 5070P placed in it now. The purchase includes the origina white dial. The blue dial has been verified by an independent jeweler as manufactured by PP, although no one knows how it was purchased. What do you feel the price premium of this added blue dial would be? What’s the 5070p blue dial worth? Does this add or subtract from the value?

Thanks in advance, JV
Jv1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2024, 03:23 PM   #2
vitalsigns
"TRF" Member

IMO, it's worth = 5070G + the price of the dial of a 5070P (who knows what that amounts to?). I wouldn't pay up for the dial other than the price of the dial itself.

Maybe there's someone who wants a poseur 5070G/P, but it's still a frankenwatch.
vitalsigns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2024, 08:16 PM   #3
Vasco
"TRF" Member

Welcome on the forum.

If I'm correct, PP deosn't like that a watch has been "modified" at all (if done by a third party). Then, they could maybe (just a guess) refuse to service it or just warn they'll replace all worn and/or non-genuine parts with original ones (that's I imagine to be coherent with the warranty that will follow).

If it's been done by PP after a client's demand, then it's definitely a plus. Obviously, PP knows the history of that watch, maybe you can contact them.
Vasco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2024, 02:03 AM   #4
Jv1973
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the responses. It’s a tricky one, as I love the blue dial, but don’t have the $200k to go platinum. This is very tempting, but messing around with originality isn’t something I love. And if it would be refused servicing by Patek. Well, that would be sub-optimal.
Jv1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2024, 05:26 AM   #5
Vasco
"TRF" Member

You never know, you should ask an official AD with the serial number, maybe was it done the right way.

However, I've been told that they don't take the dial of another version to put it in a different one. They can make a new non already existing dial as a limited serie for a customer but not place the dial of the R version for instance into the Pt case.

Additionally, I'm not sure they would give you back the "old" dial. They'd give you a watch with a new dial, like a replacement but I don't think they'd give you the "old" dial back. To be confirmed.
Vasco is online now   Reply With Quote